Multiplat Mass Effect 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Good question re the trophy kenny. As far as the crew goes:

That Yeomans chick, the one next to your private terminal and the galaxy screen, died in my playthrough. I got to where the crew was, she woke up in her cocoon and then all of a sudden the thing filled with black and she carked it. The Doc survived though, the one you can get paro on brandy with, she was a bit upset I took my time.

I believe if you get there in time, the yeoman will die in the cocoon, but you will still get the "keep everyone alive" trophy/achievement.

If you take too long, the doc will die in the cocoon and you won't get the trophy

I think I read somewhere that if you go straight onto the suicide mission, the doc doesn't die. If you do 2 or more missions after you're meant to be on the suicide mission, she dies. I only did Legion's loyalty mission so she survived on mine.

I believe if you get there in time, the yeoman will die in the cocoon, but you will still get the "keep everyone alive" trophy/achievement.

If you take too long, the doc will die in the cocoon and you won't get the trophy

Interesting... apparently it IS possible to keep her alive though. If you are not attached to any chick and she makes it back to the ship safely then you get to plow her but there is no cut scene or anything. That is what I read anyway. Good to know that if the Doc dies you don't get the trophy. I wanted to clear up a few loose things before I started the final mission, makes sense that it was a wrong move.

I think I have cooked my insanity run through. Didnt upgrade any weapons for the first three recruitment missions, forgot that after you finish the third your forced to do the first Collector mission. Getting absolutely hammered, really needed to upgrade my weapons when I had the chance.

Interesting... apparently it IS possible to keep her alive though. If you are not attached to any chick and she makes it back to the ship safely then you get to plow her but there is no cut scene or anything. That is what I read anyway. Good to know that if the Doc dies you don't get the trophy. I wanted to clear up a few loose things before I started the final mission, makes sense that it was a wrong move.

Ah sorry mate i confused the yeoman chick with Lilith, a colonist you meet earlier in the game.
If you get there quickly, she is the one that gets liquefied, not the yeoman. If the the yeoman died you took too long and will not get the save everyone trophy.

Sorry bout that

Looks like the next DLC's name has been revealed via the PS3 update.

http://uk.kotaku.com/5766623/looks-like-more-mass-effect-2-is-coming-with-arrival

Is called Arrival

The Achievements/Trophies

The Ultimate Sacrifice
Complete the Arrival DLC

Last Stand
Survive all five waves in the battle for Object Rho

Covert Action
Rescuee Dr. Amanda Kenson without attracting hostile attention.

No release date as yet.

I have no idea how the **** I am going to finish this game on Insanity. I am struggling massively while recruiting Mordin. As soon as I get into a decent position my team mates charge into the battle and die and then I run out of medigel.

Or those Krogan shot gun dudes rock up and Miranda is not good enough to take down their shields in one hit yet. I should have taken Jacob instead of Zaeed. All that pommy bastard does is die, he is pathetic.

Seems like the Bigfooty vent worked, finally managed to pass it. At least I can start doing upgrades now.

On my file, all the crew survived including the Yeoman. You just go straight into the collector base after they get abducted and there's no reason not to really. I did Legion's loyalty mission as well.

Also, could have sworn the 'Nobody left behind' trophy only applies to the crew. I got it in one hit nonetheless

Oh and I started my insanity run via second playthrough (didn't know it deletes my previous saves, which is annoying) and holy shit it's so hard it's ridiculous. It takes over a whole assault rifle clip just to take out a simple enemy and you better watch your teammates. They'll easily die if you don't send them to good cover spots.

Had to start my insanity run again. Getting past the first Collector boss part is impossible on un-upgraded weapons. Gone with a Sentinel this time, really fun class to use. I think the Tech Armour is going to be great, upgraded to the better blast damage will help against things like Husks (which have been a real pain so far). Also its very handy having Warp and Overload on your character, when your squad dies you still have options.

It does,
but the doctor and yeoman count as crew

My mistake, by crew, I meant squad. The trophy description says "Keep your team alive through the suicide mission".

and got a decent way into my Insanity playthrough and it's ****ing horrible! It's way too hard in a cheap way. Enemies shouldn't take over a full clip to kill when unshielded, especially if they can kill you easily in 3-4 hits.

The part when you're recruiting Mordin and have to trigger all 3 fans was especially bad. Once you trigger the first one, no saving, and you have to battle through swarms of enemies. If one of those flamethrower ***** get you, bang, dead. Then there are those annoying Krogans who take 3-4 Assault Rifle clips to kill with Incediary ammo. That's not even getting to your idiodic teammates. Hard to notice it on Normal but they can really stuff you up on Insanity.

Then there's that stupid ****ing Gunship in Garrus' recruitment mission... **** that was annoying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What class are you playing as? I found the fans part of the level really hard with the Infiltrator, but a lot more managable with the Sentinel. I found out you can use Overload on the Flamethrower guys and it blows their backpack up. Makes it easier.

A particularly awesome renegade interrupt will help with that gunship if memory serves me correctly :D

****! I noticed that but I was going paragon again so I didn't.

What class are you playing as? I found the fans part of the level really hard with the Infiltrator, but a lot more managable with the Sentinel. I found out you can use Overload on the Flamethrower guys and it blows their backpack up. Makes it easier.

I'm doing my second playthrough as a soldier (wanted to get to level 30). I heard they're really good for Insanity runs but it's been hell so far. I brought Miranda along for the Mordin recruitment mission though and I don't think I could overload the flamethrower guys while their armour is still up.

In the end, I just took their armour down and had Jacob use pull. Worked pretty decently in the end but that mission was still extremely annoying overall. Also didn't like the part where there were around 4 enemies far away sniping at you with rocket launchers on the way to the third fan. Took forever to kill them.

****! I noticed that but I was going paragon again so I didn't.

When doing insanity runs, I think a few paragon points have to sacrificed here and there to make life easier for yourself I found.
e.g. sabotaging the gunship, shooting the gas tank at the Krogan base, etc

A two second decision can end up saving you having to re-try sections multiple times.

And I still maintain my view that the Infiltrator is easily the best for Insanity (especially for anything involving collectors), although that might just be my play style.

When doing insanity runs, I think a few paragon points have to sacrificed here and there to make life easier for yourself I found.
e.g. sabotaging the gunship, shooting the gas tank at the Krogan base, etc

A two second decision can end up saving you having to re-try sections multiple times.

And I still maintain my view that the Infiltrator is easily the best for Insanity (especially for anything involving collectors), although that might just be my play style.

After doing my Insanity play through I completely agree that Infiltrator would be one of, if not the best and easiest way to do.
And I had never ever chosen to do anything with a sniper before and I found it a great way to go.
Especially once you got the widow sniper gun from the collectors ship, great when you have Grunt as a team mate commenting. "Head-shot' and "You're dead".

Also I echo others in saying if you're doing a paragon play through you would still be best to do some renegade at times to make it easier for you.
Also, can't remember which particular upgrade it is but once you get to level 4 of that particular upgrade you'll get an extra 70 or 100% renegade/paragon points depending on which option you choose.
Opens up a lot more chat options quicker thats for sure.

The Mordin mission with the fans was ****ed up. I died so many times trying to switch those bastards back on.

GrandBlue when you say you are trying to get to level 30 does that mean you carried over your character from your first playthrough? I have read that when you do that the enemies start off level 27 or whatever, and it makes it a lot harder because you are stripped of your upgrades.

I am now trying to recruit Garrus and have to shut the gates, the first one is ok but the next one is crazy. Do they just keep respawning until you press the button and get them shut? Again I have to battle those shotgun krogans which just walk or charge towards you and they take a lot of bullets before they are put down. I stupidly left Jacob behind with Garrus but now I am going to restart that mission because I definitely need two team mates.

The Mordin mission with the fans was ****ed up. I died so many times trying to switch those bastards back on.

GrandBlue when you say you are trying to get to level 30 does that mean you carried over your character from your first playthrough? I have read that when you do that the enemies start off level 27 or whatever, and it makes it a lot harder because you are stripped of your upgrades.

I am now trying to recruit Garrus and have to shut the gates, the first one is ok but the next one is crazy. Do they just keep respawning until you press the button and get them shut? Again I have to battle those shotgun krogans which just walk or charge towards you and they take a lot of bullets before they are put down. I stupidly left Jacob behind with Garrus but now I am going to restart that mission because I definitely need two team mates.

Yeah, carried over my guy from my first playthrough (which also deleted it, annoyingly). While it's ridiculously hard to a cheap extent, I'm at least getting through it for now. You also start off with 50k of all minerals and 200k credits so I'll be buying all the upgrades next time I go on.

and if you're closing the gates, you absolutely need at least 1 teammate with you. Once you clear all the enemies ahead of you, go straight to the door switch, trigger it and have one teammate stay in cover on the left of the door (I had Mordin) and when the countdown starts, just batter the living hell out of them until the door shuts.

Yeah, carried over my guy from my first playthrough (which also deleted it, annoyingly). While it's ridiculously hard to a cheap extent, I'm at least getting through it for now. You also start off with 50k of all minerals and 200k credits so I'll be buying all the upgrades next time I go on.

You know if you had of started a new game with a new character after your first play through you still get the minerals and cash.

Right, as if the Krogans at the fans and Gunship weren't bad enough, I've just learnt the cheapest bullshit on Insanity is Harbinger. Piece of shit can easily just waltz up to wherever me and my squad are and unload all the cheap powers he can.

Defending the tower at Horizon is a ****ing nightmare, I swear to god. My teammates will always die quickly unless I put them in a secluded corner and there aren't any medi-jels nearby. To go with that, there are no good cover spots so your best bet is camping and having your teammates use their powers as much as possible (I have Miranda and Garrus so it would be Warp and Concussive Shot)

The fact that I can't save at all during this time is giving me the shits as well. I can just tell once the boss comes (forget what it's called), it's going to **** me up. I had trouble with it on normal so I don't want to think about it on Insanity and second playthrough.

and speaking of second playthrough, I'm starting to think it's not even meant to be designed for Insanity. It's almost impossible to play the game properly and I've had to find exploits in the enemy's behavior to get through a lot of levels.

Im having a lot of trouble with the last part of the Krogan mission. Getting up to the mech fine, but it keeps flanking me before I can take out the guys on the far railing, which stops me from circling round the mech in cover. Kinda annoying, but im loving the challenge so far. Havent gotten frustrated yet, but havent had to face the Harbinger...

I never really understood why people bothered with the higher difficulty levels. Where's the pleasure in it? I can perhaps understand Hardcore because the tactical side of the game is increased dramatically at that level but Insanity doesn't even have that if you're mostly hiding and biotic powers are usually irrelevent.

Right, as if the Krogans at the fans and Gunship weren't bad enough, I've just learnt the cheapest bullshit on Insanity is Harbinger. Piece of shit can easily just waltz up to wherever me and my squad are and unload all the cheap powers he can.

Defending the tower at Horizon is a ****ing nightmare, I swear to god. My teammates will always die quickly unless I put them in a secluded corner and there aren't any medi-jels nearby. To go with that, there are no good cover spots so your best bet is camping and having your teammates use their powers as much as possible (I have Miranda and Garrus so it would be Warp and Concussive Shot)

Depending on your class, but with infiltrator, upgraded sniper skill, the widow sniper, as well as armour-piercing ammo and assassination cloak all combined, you can take out the Harbinger with a roughly 2 shots. :D:thumbsu:

For the tower defence part on Horizon, my favourite spot is on the left side (when entering the area) on the elevated platform with access via 2 small sets of stairs. You can see the whole map from here and there's a guard rail to hide behind. The only thing to worry about is when the husks climb up behind you and when the Praetorian comes its best to find a large section of boxes to circle around and whittle it down slowly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat Mass Effect 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back