Matchday Thread: Roos Vs Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess its stating what most of us are feeling,where in hell is this improvement we have been lead to believe is sooo close or is that just another pipe dream. and yes i do pay my membership and have been a supporter for near on 25 years. Just dissappointed that such a poor performance can be put up when we are meant to be moving forward not backwards or so it would seem. as much as i hate to say it congratz to Collingwood just a pity we couldnt put up more of a contest expected of a genuine AFL team that had aspirations of achieving something meaningfull in 2011.

Cheers Charlie

what a joke i payed for 2 memberships for this garbage what a waste of money never again dont care if they get better through the year they are pathetic brads head should roll nothing has changed since last year we got the wrong scott .
please please jb do something any thing to get carey back to this club to show these so called forwards how to kick that red thing .

I think you're being very generous with some of those expected wins.

On the plus side we started off the same way last year; close away loss in round 1, thumped in round 2 at Etihad, then started to get our season going. The big difference though was less injuries and a more settled side.

I don't think we were any more settled, and the injuries is much of a muchness. No doubt we miss Greenwood, Basti, Lower and HMac, but on the plus side is Dish, JZ and LA. All three of those string some games together and we'll see continuous improvement. Then we get Greenwood back and hopefully Basti in time for them to string some games together and we might be primed at the right end of the season.

Long time 'til then of course and a shitload could go wrong, but if things mostly go right we'll definitely see some September action.

The most disappointing thing of this match, there was no fire. We bent over and grabbed our ankles and the pies did what they wanted. I was less dissapointed after the 102 against st kilda last year.

Beyond livid at that performance.
We couldn't win given the circumstances, but seriously...
The negatives were astonishing, two rounds in and our percentage is already shot.
Bad Rawlings turned up, he burnt us way too many times. The short handball to someone manned up is too old for words.
Seven goals from 26 shots, what do we practice?
Over overall field kicking was also unacceptable after a whole offseason of preparation.
Goldy, WTF. He was horrible. Outmarked by Toovey FFS.
Harvey, made some horrible clangers.
Ziebell, seriously, what is he doing at the moment?
I thought Petrie would mainly play key forward?
Kicking long to Lindsay all the time. Why?

Positives:
Cruize tried hard, as did Adams and Swallow.
Cunners did some nice stuff.
Atley shows real talent.
Robbie Tarrant learnt another lesson.
Grima, Cunnington, Petrie fitter for the run.
McMahon's hanger.

Geez we need the Greenwood mongrel in there. And Bastinac's class.

Our biggest issue is executing our skills in pressurized situations. My main concern to come out of this is that if every team are going to be applying the forward press then how are we going to handle that? We showed today that if we are outnumbered at a contest, generally even if we get first hands on the ball we are collectively not smart or skillful enough to get out of the situation. This can also be seen when bringing the ball out of defense. It's very easy to criticize McMahon or spud or whoever, but when the press is appliedlike it was today we are unable at the moment to pick our way through it. Then when we go long they have more bodies at the contest.

We need to adapt and develop, which I guess is a positive because we have a lot of development left in the squad. No need for meltdown yet.

Don't waste your money then but don't cry when your team goes under and don't even think of joining back up when we win a flag.

Not going to win jack shit they are rubbish they stink Scott has to go he reminds me of tim watson good player bad bad coach how many turn overs no flag in the near future too many duds .Hansen ,Thomson , too many to name they are in for a long long year . Pack of Duds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said it wasnt the senior players fault, not his fault as the senior guys put in 100% every week but mentioned about 3 or 4 players individually who were more mid-age players. Was very suprising. The way it came across was that he was trying to get the heat off the senior players back and was looking for excuses...

Backed Edwards and argued with the ABC commentator (cant remember who it was) about him in a bit of a petulant way.

Not going to win jack shit they are rubbish they stink Scott has to go he reminds me of tim watson good player bad bad coach how many turn overs no flag in the near future too many duds .Hansen ,Thomson , too many to name they are in for a long long year . Pack of Duds

I do try to follow the rules of this forum, but f*** off then. It deserves to be said.

Scott has had 1 year...we are young and will only get better....the Collingwood machine will die off in a couple of years...but for the moment they will be thrashing teams regularly...oh god why am I bothering to respond this..

Said it wasnt the senior players fault, not his fault as the senior guys put in 100% every week but mentioned about 3 or 4 players individually who were more mid-age players. Was very suprising. The way it came across was that he was trying to get the heat off the senior players back and was looking for excuses...

Backed Edwards and argued with the ABC commentator (cant remember who it was) about him.

Who were the mid-age players he named?

And that is poor from the captain, should not be singling blokes out unless he has a ripper performance.

Still, some players do need a kick, if it's publicly or behind closed doors...worked for Geelong.

I cant remember off the top of my head, it was only background noise until I realised what he was saying. I'll post them if they bring up the interview again. Scott just blamed the young players in his press conference too.

I agree with the kick up the backside like what happened at Geelong, but singling out mid-age players from your captain and then your coach blaming the young players... Doesnt sound right. I thought your senior players were pretty dissapointing actually.

Beyond livid at that performance.

Positives:
Cruize tried hard, as did Adams and Swallow....
Geez we need the Greenwood mongrel in there. And Bastinac's class.

Swallow was totally outclassed and a long way off the genuine A grader he has been pumped up to be.

bastinac and greenwood sorely missed.

Backed Edwards and argued with the ABC commentator (cant remember who it was) about him in a bit of a petulant way.

My instinct is that it's best left for the change rooms (when the mics are gone), but maybe he thinks they'll lift with a public spray.

Tough day at the office, but still I'd prefer he didn't do the interview until he was in a better frame of mind. (Assuming it came across as Cats2Rise summarises).

I do try to follow the rules of this forum, but f*** off then. It deserves to be said.

Scott has had 1 year...we are young and will only get better....the Collingwood machine will die off in a couple of years...but for the moment they will be thrashing teams regularly...oh god why am I bothering to respond this..

Hey you want members mate not going to catch any like that . He has had 1 too many Cant coach i said it last year . The only difference from round 2 last year is 19 points nothing has changed buddy he is a shit coach .

I cant remember off the top of my head, it was only background noise until I realised what he was saying. I'll post them if they bring up the interview again. Scott just blamed the young players in his press conference too.

I agree with the kick up the backside like what happened at Geelong, but singling out mid-age players from your captain and then your coach blaming the young players... Doesnt sound right. I thought your senior players were pretty dissapointing actually.

He cant coach. He should blame himself not the players ,there skills are shit no heart gutless . Said he wanted to get rid of the shin boner spirit he has done that maybe he has to bring it back .Nothing has changed since last year. the roos are in the same spot .

Very poor form by Harvey on the radio. He blamed the mid aged players and said the senior players did well. Made plenty of excuses for the senior players too and said that if the young-mid aged players didnt improve then the senior players would get together with the coacjh and say they wouldnt play with them.

Very poor form by Harvey on the radio. He blamed the mid aged players and said the senior players did well. Made plenty of excuses for the senior players too and said that if the young-mid aged players didnt improve then the senior players would get together with the coacjh and say they wouldnt play with them.

I love Boomer, but I think Bon needs to put him back in his box. C2R said he named 3-4 players, did you catch who they were?

Hey you want members mate not going to catch any like that . He has had 1 too many Cant coach i said it last year . The only difference from round 2 last year is 19 points nothing has changed buddy he is a shit coach .

Yep, and how did last year end? Percentage only from finals, in a similar start to this year, which was a great effort imo, from a list that was underrated terribly at the start of 2010.

2010: narrow loss away (in the end) to Port that was terrible, smashed by a genuine top team, next game vs a Western Australian side
2011: narrow loss away to West Coast that was terrible, smashed by the top team, next game vs a Western Australian side

This year will probably turn out the same, beat the bottom sides, but get thrashed by the top sides as we haven't taken the extra step yet. But we will eventually, under the guidance of Brad Scott.

Wells, Harvey, Rawlings, Petrie and Firrito-our 5 most senior players. Excuses could be made for Petrie-1st game back after a long lay off, and Firrito was good, put pressure on Collingwood and looked like he gave a ****. Harvey played alright, but still wasn't great, and Wells and Rawlings didn't impress me much at all.
So 4/5 senior players need to lift imo. Can't believe the loss would be blamed on the Hansen, Grima, Thompsons etc of the team, as they are the types who I assume were the ones that got mentioned.

They should take part of the blame, but not all. Everyone needs to be reminded that today was unacceptable, and the club needs to learn to if they are going to talk, they need to be able to walk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matchday Thread: Roos Vs Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back