Mathematical formula for player value movements

Remove this Banner Ad

The_New_Recruit said:
One of Albert Einstein's formulas is been used according to HS.
Tweak the figure in bold & you have solved it Blinger.

I was on right track, but no cigar.

Great work. :thumbsu:

there is a global factor applied and this will vary each round depending on how averages changes overall.

The most I've been off is $100 and i've tried 50 players

You're off on Dean Cox.

Your right Cox does go over by $15 with my theory. But you have to remember we are using rounded figures to begin with. Cox wasn't exactly 395000 prior to round 3.

If he was higher, say 395099. It works. THerefore because we have rounded figures to start with, my formula does work. We don't know Cox's value exactly. I'm saying its somewhere between 395000-395099. the programmer would use the real value to calculate the new price.

Think about it logically. Would a program use some bogus number with 5 decimals, or a round number and truncate all numbers the public see.

EDIT: thats the exact reason nobody can find a perfect formula. We are using rounded figures. The programmer will use true figures and give us rounded results. Thats why i think the simpler the formula the more likely.

rgauci said:
Your right Cox does go over by $15 with my theory. But you have to remember we are using rounded figures to begin with. Cox wasn't exactly 395000 prior to round 3.

If he was higher, say 395099. It works. THerefore because we have rounded figures to start with, my formula does work. We don't know Cox's value exactly. I'm saying its somewhere between 395000-395099. the programmer would use the real value to calculate the new price.

Think about it logically. Would a program use some bogus number with 5 decimals, or a round number and truncate all numbers the public see.
Hey, if Hodge scores 100 this week did you get him going down by in excess of 8k. To me it doesnt sound right.

Cassius_Clay said:
Hey, if Hodge scores 100 this week did you get him going down by in excess of 8k. To me it doesnt sound right.
Yes that's right because they deliberately overpriced every player at the beginning of the season.

grimlock said:
Yes that's right because they deliberately overpriced every player at the beginning of the season.
It shows how good Cox's scores have been. If he scores 100, he goes up by nearly 10k :eek:

Cassius_Clay said:
It shows how good Cox's scores have been. If he scores 100, he goes up by nearly 10k :eek:
Cox is a monster, I was deliberating between him and Spida at the beginning of the season. How good was that decision!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cassius_Clay said:

Indeed, it is strange, as that would put Hodge at an avg of 103.67, which I believe is just a bit higher than his avg last year.

Edit: 8100 drop by my calc.

Effes said:
Have him going down 7931 if he scores 100 this week
I got him at 8.3k

Effes said:
Cox 100 this week should go up 9785
Yeah so 9800. Thats what I got.

We are damn close to the formula round to round. Argueing about a few decimal points :)

The next thing to figure out would be how the hell did they come up with there starting prices. Because every player is overpriced. Makes it very hard to make money.

rgauci said:
We are damn close to the formula round to round. Argueing about a few decimal points :)

The next thing to figure out would be how the hell did they come up with there starting prices. Because every player is overpriced. Makes it very hard to make money.

We are damn close to the formula - all of us except that twit shakin77 that is.

Starting prices were takin exactly from last years averages but with a different scale. ie N Brown had the highest average last year and was the most expensive and it goes like that all the way to the cheapest players. The other thing they did is increase the minumum price as alot of people worked out how to use trades to get more cash in the bank. At 66k its alot harder to manipulate that it was when some guys were 25k last year. All-in-all its a much harder comp this year and trade decisions and timing are even more important.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mathematical formula for player value movements

Remove this Banner Ad

Back