Speculation Matt Owies

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently told by Carlton to consider his options
Sounds like Blues have a bit going on. Kennedy, Young and Owies all told to look elsewhere.

A rumour posted the other day was that Owies, Kennedy, Young AND Cerra have been told to explore other options. Would be an interesting off season to move that many senior players on

Sounds like Blues have a bit going on. Kennedy, Young and Owies all told to look elsewhere.

A rumour posted the other day was that Owies, Kennedy, Young AND Cerra have been told to explore other options. Would be an interesting off season to move that many senior players on
Are Carlton going to target a small forward? I'm trying to work out who is going to kick the goals other McKay and Curnow

Are Carlton going to target a small forward? I'm trying to work out who is going to kick the goals other McKay and Curnow
Hoping Joe Berry. Would be better than any of our other spuds even if it would be his 1st year. I'm sure the club would have some options lined up for next year if they're moving any of these players on though.

What Walsh said, but I’d add that Moir is a genuine threat once he has a full preseason under his belt

This one would hurt to lose for anything less than a 2nd rounder, but given you more or less got Ginnivan for free for that stupid Pies trade I’m not sure what we could demand

What Walsh said, but I’d add that Moir is a genuine threat once he has a full preseason under his belt

This one would hurt to lose for anything less than a 2nd rounder, but given you more or less got Ginnivan for free for that stupid Pies trade I’m not sure what we could demand
For a club that is probably targeting a flag, I'm not sure that is enough

For a club that is probably targeting a flag, I'm not sure that is enough
I agree with you, Motlop is the other I see likely to lift but can’t see it being enough

Would hope we’d have something in the pipeline

Hawks have:
Watson, Lewis, Dear
Moore, Chol, Ginnivan

And Macdonald first rotation

That’s more likely

They’ll try and build it out of Fogarty, Williams, Motlop, Hollands and hopefully Moir. It’s a massive weakness.
Durdin and Cottrell playing for their careers could become handy defensive options at best.

Seems odd to let him go completely but Carlton fans should welcome him not being in first team plans next year. Reminds me of 2018 when Fasolo was probably our second best forward behind Elliott heading into the year, and the coaches just decided they wanted a completely different forward line and he wasn't part of it. We got smaller and quicker, and reaped the benefits. Moir, Silvagni and Williams and possibly Kemp will have supporters forget about Owies quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seems odd to let him go completely but Carlton fans should welcome him not being in first team plans next year. Reminds me of 2018 when Fasolo was probably our second best forward behind Elliott heading into the year, and the coaches just decided they wanted a completely different forward line and he wasn't part of it. We got smaller and quicker, and reaped the benefits. Moir, Silvagni and Williams and possibly Kemp will have supporters forget about Owies quickly.
A good summation. Not a complete deadbeat but not what the Blues need next to Curnow Mckay etc to get the best from our forward mix imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Matt Owies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back