Speculation Matthew Kennedy [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Best 22 midfielder that quite clearly is not being pushed out as stated by his manager and Cleary.

Blues are open to trading him for the right price but will happily have him back next year if a deal can't be found that suits Kennedy and the club

Future 3rd šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Not to disagree with the general point you're making but of course Blues would frame it as "happily" take him back, because if Kennedy doesn't find a contract/role he would like at another club, he's entitled to see out the final year of his contract at the Blues and the Blues can't do anything about it. We can't know whether Carlton would be "happy" about that fact (because they genuinely might like to get rid of his contract or not give him games next year), they're just not going to make a song and dance about it in the media.

Likewise, Kennedy may be desperate to leave, but is realistic about the fact that his manager shouldn't be going out to the media burning bridges or talking shit, because if no other opportunity at another club is forthcoming, he doesn't want to have to walk back to the Blues with this tail between his legs.

Last edited:
Best 22 midfielder that quite clearly is not being pushed out as stated by his manager and Cleary.

Blues are open to trading him for the right price but will happily have him back next year if a deal can't be found that suits Kennedy and the club

Future 3rd šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Classic Carlton supporter comprehension

Blake acres was b22 mid in a finals playing team at the time , was also offered a contract HOWEVER was not actually tapped on the shoulder by his club and told ā€œlook elsewhere ā€œ

What did Carlton pay for him ?ā€¦

-remembering Carlton fans including yourself (very vocally I might add ) basically used the EXACT reasons I stated in my original post to justify acres trade price

šŸ¤” now the shoe is on the other footā€¦.

Classic Carlton supporter comprehension

Blake acres was b22 mid in a finals playing team at the time , was also offered a contract HOWEVER was not actually tapped on the shoulder by his club and told ā€œlook elsewhere ā€œ

What did Carlton pay for him ?ā€¦

-remembering Carlton fans including yourself (very vocally I might add ) basically used the EXACT reasons I stated in my original post to justify acres trade price

šŸ¤” now the shoe is on the other footā€¦.
Blacres was uncontracted, Kennedy is not.

That deal was also widely scrutinized for being an complete botch job from Freo who barely offered him more than a minimum contract while Carlton offered almost double that.

Future 3rd was massive unders for Blacres, Kennedy under contract worth a 2nd given they're a similar level of player.

Not to disagree with the general point you're making but of course Blues would frame it as "happily" take him back, because if Kennedy doesn't find a contract/role he would like at another club, he's entitled to see out the final year of his contract at the Blues and the Blues can't do anything about it. We can't know whether Carlton would be "happy" about that fact (because they genuinely might like to get rid of his contract or not give him games next year), they're just not going to make a song and dance about it in the media.
This

The no 1 reason heā€™s actually being pushed out is for salary cap space .

the fact is heā€™s the most expendable (as 4th in line slow inside mid).

lolā€ happy to take him backā€ Of course he goes back to Carlton if no takers, they have no choice ffs

They want his salary gone so they can have a shot at Houston or even trav next year.

So If his salary his an issue especially in relation to how much value he adds to a team then the most Carlton can hope for is f3

That deal was also widely scrutinized for being an complete botch job from Freo who barely offered him more than a minimum contract while Carlton offered almost double that.
Privy to the exact terms of his contract were we?

So again why did you and your fellow supporters continually bring up the ā€œpushed him out lineā€ then when discussing why blacres trade price was so low?

The fact your missing in all of this is the 2 ARE almost identical situation

The number 1 reason your pushing him out is due to wanting his salary space.

Clearly you guys want Houston and or maybe making a play for trac next year

The contract status is only relevant in regards to timing. Ideally they need Kennedys space now.
Hence the push (he definitely wonā€™t be there in 26ā€™ regardless )
Just like acres and freo in 22 just Blake was OOC instead

Privy to the exact terms of his contract were we?

So again why did you and your fellow supporters continually bring up the ā€œpushed him out lineā€ then when discussing why blacres trade price was so low?

The fact your missing in all of this is the 2 ARE almost identical situation

The number 1 reason your pushing him out is due to wanting his salary space.

Clearly you guys want Houston and or maybe making a play for trac next year

The contract status is only relevant in regards to timing. Ideally they need Kennedys space now.
Hence the push (he definitely wonā€™t be there in 26ā€™ regardless )
Just like acres and freo in 22 just Blake was OOC instead
Acres literally came out and disclosed in interviews that Freo lowballed the hell out of him to push him out the door. Always intended on staying but the offer was so low he couldn't stay there according to him.

But regardless, an uncontracted Acres was traded for a future 3rd round pick, which had absolutely everyone questioning the why Freo traded him for so little even before he became a hero in the finals last year... for a player of similar ability who's still contracted for another year I think it's pretty fair to think a 2nd round pick is what it takes to get done.

I was shocked Acres didn't cost atleast a pick in the early 20s after the year he'd had.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Matthew Kennedy [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back