Speculation Matthew Kennedy [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure they go down that path, but he would absolutely be a fantastic addition to that North Melbourne midfield.

There's a lot of young talent in there but not not enough talent overall, and as alluded to above, not someone who brings what Kennedy does.

LDU could go to another level again with someone like Kennedy alongside to support him.

As I said, Cats and Pies should be all over him, especially the Cats after last night. Anyone whos watched enough of him knows he's a very good midfield option when he's given the minutes there. Provides fantastic pressure around the ball and is as tough and strong over the ball as anyone, he just lacks run on the outside which those teams have an abundance of.

Would love him to stay and the Blues find a way for it to work, but think for all parties involved he's better off finding a new home. We could do with the picks and cap space, he could do with the CBAs.

Not sure they go down that path, but he would absolutely be a fantastic addition to that North Melbourne midfield.

There's a lot of young talent in there but not not enough talent overall, and as alluded to above, not someone who brings what Kennedy does.

LDU could go to another level again with someone like Kennedy alongside to support him.
What would north be able to give up for Kennedy though ?
Im sure #2 & #22 would be off the table with their needs in KPP's
you would have to think it could only be future picks as #40 & #58 this year would appear to be unders

What would north be able to give up for Kennedy though ?
Im sure #2 & #22 would be off the table with their needs in KPP's
you would have to think it could only be future picks as #40 & #58 this year would appear to be unders
How many picks do you reckon Richmond are taking to the draft?

You've got three third rounders that I'm guessing won't be much use to you this year, unless you exchange them for futures.

As I said, Cats and Pies should be all over him, especially the Cats after last night. Anyone whos watched enough of him knows he's a very good midfield option when he's given the minutes there. Provides fantastic pressure around the ball and is as tough and strong over the ball as anyone, he just lacks run on the outside which those teams have an abundance of.

Would love him to stay and the Blues find a way for it to work, but think for all parties involved he's better off finding a new home. We could do with the picks and cap space, he could do with the CBAs.

Would very much be keen on him at the right price but i think collingwood is more likely.

How many picks do you reckon Richmond are taking to the draft?

You've got three third rounders that I'm guessing won't be much use to you this year, unless you exchange them for futures.
All the picks will have use
Richmond will take 6-7 picks to the draft

Very good chance the later picks gets traded for Brisbane's 1st rounder and some get used in trades for Rioli , Baker
only picks that i see traded into next year would be #21 (1st pick on day 2) with such a deep draft that has a possibility to attract a F1 from a team and the same could happen with the Graham compo pick if we get #22

All the picks will have use
Richmond will take 6-7 picks to the draft

Very good chance the later picks gets traded for Brisbane's 1st rounder and some get used in trades for Rioli , Baker
only picks that i see traded into next year would be #21 (1st pick on day 2) with such a deep draft that has a possibility to attract a F1 from a team and the same could happen with the Graham compo pick if we get #22
Haha, fair enough.

FWIW, tho some Carlton posters will probably disagree, I reckon picks 40 and 58 are not far off the mark (equivalent of 32) for Kennedy tbh.

FWIW, tho some Carlton posters will probably disagree, I reckon picks 40 and 58 are not far off the mark (equivalent of 32) for Kennedy tbh.

I may be wrong but I just can't see us accepting that sort of deal in isolation. Neither party appear desperate to push through a move, and he's worth more to us than those picks.

Perhaps it's more palatable if it helps us unlock a bigger deal (ie. Houston).

Great guy and a decent player. Definitely shown his best onball, but been a victim of us putting him in almost literally every other position especially this year.

Personally I'd prefer to keep him, but if a decent offer or multi trade situation came up, you'd have to entertain it. Hoping he and the club see it the same way.

I may be wrong but I just can't see us accepting that sort of deal in isolation. Neither party appear desperate to push through a move, and he's worth more to us than those picks.

Perhaps it's more palatable if it helps us unlock a bigger deal (ie. Houston).
I would have thought he would have been worth more as well but if it's true and the Blues have said look around for better opportunities then maybe he is not worth as much as i thought or at least not as highly regarded there as i would have thought he may be.

I would have thought he would have been worth more as well but if it's true and the Blues have said look around for better opportunities then maybe he is not worth as much as i thought or at least not as highly regarded there as i would have thought he may be.

He is highly regarded at the club. Only one player featured more than him at senior level in 2024.

It's just that our midfield is particularly strong. He's behind a few in the pecking order so can't guarantee him the inside role that he could get elsewhere and probably deserves.

He is highly regarded at the club. Only one player featured more than him at senior level in 2024.

It's just that our midfield is particularly strong. He's behind a few in the pecking order so can't guarantee him the inside role that he could get elsewhere and probably deserves.
Thats what i don't. get if he was so highly regarded they would not have told him to have a look around would they. He is very versatile as well. Who in the mids is he competing against he has held his own against them all i would have thought this year.

Thats what i don't. get if he was so highly regarded they would not have told him to have a look around would they. He is very versatile as well. Who in the mids is he competing against he has held his own against them all i would have thought this year.
My take is that our midfield is a bit one paced. You can play one of Cripps and Hewett/Kennedy only with Cerra and Walsh. Hewett is better defensively and older so has no trade value. Kennedy is probably the better player with more strings to his bow (better mark, better kick at goal).

We also recruited Cooper Lord mid season and will pick up Ben Camporeale in this draft who will both be looking for inside mid time. So it kind of makes sense to test the market to see what we can get and for maybe Matt to get more midfield time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats what i don't. get if he was so highly regarded they would not have told him to have a look around would they.

Why not?

You can rate someone but also be realistic and accept where he is in the pecking order.

I have a lot of time for Kennedy but he shouldn't be getting inside mid time ahead of Cripps or Hewett and the club clearly rates Cerra higher than him.

Then you have Walsh who also spends time in the middle, and others who we'll look to give more opportunities to but who also play elsewhere.

You can't play too many of these blokes in the midfield at the same time.

Kennedy wants more midfield time and I don't blame him because that's his main strength. If he finds it we'll explore the option for his sake but we value him and we're not pushing him out.

I'm not confident he will be at Carlton next year. But I am confident that we're not just going to give him away.

He is very versatile as well. Who in the mids is he competing against he has held his own against them all i would have thought this year.

He is versatile. But from reports he wants to play as an inside mid rather than being played in other positions.

Why not?

You can rate someone but also be realistic and accept where he is in the pecking order.

I have a lot of time for Kennedy but he shouldn't be getting inside mid time ahead of Cripps or Hewett and the club clearly rates Cerra higher than him.

Then you have Walsh who also spends time in the middle, and others who we'll look to give more opportunities to but who also play elsewhere.

You can't play too many of these blokes in the midfield at the same time.

Kennedy wants more midfield time and I don't blame him because that's his main strength. If he finds it we'll explore the option for his sake but we value him and we're not pushing him out.

I'm not confident he will be at Carlton next year. But I am confident that we're not just going to give him away.

He is versatile. But from reports he wants to play as an inside mid rather than being played in other positions.
The Blues have told him according to you that you can't or won't get Midfield minutes and to look else were for them i would have thought that would be pushing him out and like you say you yourself don't think he will be there next year Anyway think he would be quite good at a few teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Matthew Kennedy [OOC 2025]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back