Matthew Kreuzer isn't even a top 5 pick

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL.

Has Dowler been delisted yet?

Nice get by Pelchen when he's an introvert.

Could have Ryder.

Ryder is more talented than the overrated Birchall and Gilham.

Hahahahahahahaha
Yeah na coz i love seeing great players like Ryder getting spanked by Franklin, and who even is Gilham?

If we go by rising star positions, then palmer is going to be better than cotchin. It's based on the year. Kreuzer has had 13 goals this year, not bad for a forward ruckman. Hitouts, well i don't know how much of the ruckwork he gets at Carlton . . . Renouf is a second ruckman and does about 30% of the tapwork and averages more than Kreuzer. And small forward is the hardest position for a young player. Ruckmen like Kreuzer do the centre bounces, they know where to go, all they have to do is jump and tap. Rioli has to find the ball, crumb off of packs, run into the middle, get assists, score goals. And he's done all superbly.
small aboriginals never make instant first year impact do they?

going up against charman/sandilands/cox/ottens as an 18 year old is harder than what rioli has to do. i don't care what the media and hawthorn say- small forward is not the hardest position to play.

and now that this is apparently about who is the better player not who had the best year i have a question- why was kreuzer talked up all of 2007 by posters on bigfooty and the media?
why was he draft pick number 1?
why was there a kreuzer cup?
why did he win the morrish medal?
why was he the MVP in the tac cup? (over cotchin)
why was he starting ruckmen in the 2007 under 18 all australian team? (over naitanui)
why did he win the vic metro MVP? (over cotchin)

cause he was beating midfielders and tall forwards at their own game while being the best ruckmen.

''Kreuzer is tipped to join Carlton next season.

Scouts at this year's draft camp in Canberra agreed the 199cm, 91kg Kreuzer was the best available talent.''
-herald sun.

Will be the next Justin Koschitzke i'm afraid.

As for Rioli being the next Betts/Milne, don't make me laugh. Cyril has lots of attributes those two don't have. Defensive pressure, scrapping, aerial ability to name a few.
Betts is one of the the best marks for his size i have ever seen. he is an awesome mark.

Everyone knows big guys take longer to develop. Natanui has unique physical attributes due to genetics but Kreuz will be a better team player as he thinks the game through always. Keep sinking in the boots. We will have the last laugh soon enough. Same clowns were calling Gibbs crap last year and we saw him come on to be an A-grader this season! Its fear of the Blue avalanche - simple. We are coming to get ya!

Can't you bandwagoners pretend to know something about football.

Paul Salmon started his career as a full forward.

He was a ruckman who played at full forward, could not get a game in the ruck because of Simon Madden.

Would of kicked 130 in 84 if did not go done with knee, doubt cruiser will kick 130 in his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was that promising a ruckmen he could not get a game in the ruck.

You are right that does make sense.

Guess it would be hard to understand how you can have 2 good ruckmen in the same side.

Sorry I should consider who I was talking to as you consider 1 good ruckman a luxury down at Ambassador Park

He was a ruckman who played at full forward, could not get a game in the ruck because of Simon Madden.

Would of kicked 130 in 84 if did not go done with knee, doubt cruiser will kick 130 in his career.
Salmon indeed had a brilliant start to his career, but as has been pointed out he was a full-forward. This ruckman who played forward doesn't wash. Quite simply he doesn't qualify. Ifs and buts don't count... only dids.

FWIW Salmon was still occupying the square after Madden left and Alessio was rucking. I'd say in his first stint with the Bombers he was a forward who played ruck and that he never realised his full rucking potential until he got to the Hawks.

Ahead of him are

Palmer
Rioli
Cotchin
Dangerfield
Cale Morton
Dalziell

But Carlton chose Matthew "Can't ruck, can't rove" Kreuzer. Well done, but don't forget, you're not tanking anymore :eek:

What a flog. I'm going to call you "Brownlow" (amongst other things) from here on in, Mr Midfielders' Medal.
He's 200cm, and showing quite a bit for a 2nd year tall.

Seriously, get your tweezers off your tiny bald noodle... :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Kreuzer isn't even a top 5 pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back