Matthew Lloyd. Possible Forward Coach (OP updated with audio)

Would you want Lloyd as a goal kicking coach?

• Yeah, bring him to Collingwood

Votes: 35 85.4%
  • Nah, let him go to Essendon / St Kilda

Votes: 6 14.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

We are seeing the physical repercussions now of our few years of manic forward press. It's EXTREMELY taxing - both physically and mentally to impose that sort of pressure for 100% of game time and to keep it up all year.

Burnout seems to be the cost, our players just seemed to end up with empty tanks.

Also other teams worked out the press and used it against us.

Hence the change in game plan AND the change in the player list, neither was up to the rigours of current day football needs.
I think it's still horses for courses. It still serves Freo well and aside from a couple of untimely injuries to Johnson and McPharlin, they would have been in a prelim this year at least on the back of last year's GF.

Agree it's taxing but we turn the ball over so much, we create a rod for our own back. Anyhow, at the very least I think we should be using it for opposition kick-ins which is what I referred to. At least we can create stoppages in our forward line by locking it in.

Matty Lloyd said last night on 3AW the first thing he would look at with Trav was technique....(do not quote me, and I am paraphrasing) Something about, him leaning too far backwards when he starts to kick.

Bullet dodged.
Don't want anything from that cheating club.
Let's appoint a ruck coach.

Lloyd was never involved in the Hird drug scandal.
And I'm more than confident that he would have been one who would have refused the injections.
Despite the club he played for, the man is simply a fantastic footballer. And a fantastic goalkicker, who knows about technique.
And forward structures.
He would have been an absolute asset to a club who's FF is lacking in consistent technique. And a club with many youngsters finding their way in a crowded forward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Lloyd. Possible Forward Coach (OP updated with audio)

Back