Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach (Part 2) - Full Support of the Board

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree he thought we could hold on but he still should have seen his man management issue

It's baffling that some games he openly says about the sub ' we managed his time ' yet failed to plan for a fatigued Crouch after 2 months off
It was a no-brainer move to sub off Crouch during the 3rd as he was struggling with a lack of match fitness.

Problem is we have a no brain coach.

Completely inept strategically... & this will never change as he doesn't have it!

Last edited:

Yes but rendell was main man until 2012
I didn't say Matt Rendell wasn't, in fact I said as much in the post you quoted, but Ogilvie definitely joined the Crows in 2006 contrary to what you posted.

Just doesn't have any tactical nous.
It's so obvious... not helped that none of our assistants do either.

It's healthier to have coaches with different strengths, rather than the same types we have.

Says lots about our football management that they allowed this to happen & thought another 2 years was a good idea.

I'm not blaming the players or the coaches....Cameron is a champion, it wasn't the 1st time he's been unstoppable and it won't be the last.

I disagree, Nicks got that matchup disgracefully wrong. Cameron isn’t a great forward 50 target he plays like a winger, he’s done that all season all long.

Murray coming off his fresh knee hiccup would’ve had to have been our least mobile defender. Cameron kicked 5 of his goals running behind Murray because he couldn’t keep up, it was an awful awful matchup. Nicks is one dimensional, he probably figured he’s there best forward and put our best defender on him.

I disagree, Nicks got that matchup disgracefully wrong. Cameron isn’t a great forward 50 target he plays like a winger, he’s done that all season all long.

Murray coming off his fresh knee hiccup would’ve had to have been our least mobile defender. Cameron kicked 5 of his goals running behind Murray because he couldn’t keep up, it was an awful awful matchup. Nicks is one dimensional.
So who was the ideal match up if the underdone Nick Murray and Josh Worrell couldn't get the job done? God forbid Keane or Borlase? Truth is we didn't have an ideal match up size and tank wise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back