Matthew Pavlich

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a feeling there are some deeper issues at Fremantle and the players have lost faith in the coaching group. Can you really blame them?

Anyone with Pavlich, Sandilands, Hasleby, Mundy or Hill are feeling the scourge that is "The Frockers".

For what he cost I'm happy with Hasleby's output so far.

I doubt anyone who has Pav is their most pressing problem, I'll be keeping him but only because I have some other problem areas which need fixing first, mainly upgrading mids -> premiums and cash cows back to rookies once they've bottomed out.

I have Pavlich and Fisher. I'm dissapointed with their output, but there's no way I'll trade them. If I didn't have them in my team, they'd be in my sights to bring in after a few weeks.

FYI, due to their poor starts, Didak and Hodge are high on my list to bring in.

The way I see it, if you have a falling premium, you want to trade them out. If you don't have a falling premium, they are the first players you'd want to bring in due to their price.

It would be a stupid move to trade him. While he hasn't had huge scores, for an out of form forward he's still managed 3 reasonable scores(78,81,78). Last night he still scored 72 when the whole team scored less than 5 goals.

The fact is that he'll probably play every game and still average over 90 for the whole year, which is going to be better than most others, and the ones who do better will be in your team anyway.

I thinkthe Pavlich situation just illustrates how important it is to pick the right premium. Coz once you've got them, there ain't no tradin' em! With rookies there is quite a bit more leeway but premiums can make or break your side.

Good lesson to learn for next year.

looking like a straight swap for krakouer in 2 or 3 weeks for me. hopefully pav has a few more quite ones and kraks keeps racking them up and then bang in cums pav

looking like a straight swap for krakouer in 2 or 3 weeks for me. hopefully pav has a few more quite ones and kraks keeps racking them up and then bang in cums pav
If Freo keep loosing games i doubt you would even want to upgrade to Pav when he bottoms out in price anyway.There are that many premium forwards that are dropping severly in price at the moment that in a few weeks time you will have a plethora of premium forwards to choose from at bargain prices that will have more upside to Pavlich

I thinkthe Pavlich situation just illustrates how important it is to pick the right premium. Coz once you've got them, there ain't no tradin' em! With rookies there is quite a bit more leeway but premiums can make or break your side.

Good lesson to learn for next year.

Not exactly easy to choose the right one though. I've got Didak, Hodge, Fisher, Hille, Deledio. Instead I could've chosen SJ, Lockyer, Fraser/McIntosh, Richardson. F*ck I can't believe I got 5 wrong :rolleyes:

I know it is hard to predict who will make the 8, but I am always hesitant to pick a premium from a dud club, for fear of them tanking with injury...GFC players is where its at!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deledio, Didak, Pav and used to have Shaw but traded him to lockyer

All my forward premiums did worse this week them the midpriced and rookies
Higgins, Ziebell and Lucas > N G Brown, Deledio, Didak, Pav :(

Depends on value for money at the end of the day if Pavlich bottoms out at 350k and Lids bottoms out at 360k ill obviously take lids however if Pavlich bottoms out at 320k and Lids bottoms out at 380k ill take Pavlich.
That is just an example obviously there is alot of premiums bottoming out
ie didak, Pav, Harvey (wont drop much now), Deledio, ROK

I have enough cash in the bank to make a trade of Skipworth -> Pav this week, its tempting despite Pav going to end up a lot lower than his current price.

Trade to Franklin. Buddy is only going to drop another 20K at the most if he drops at all. He has a BE of 119 this week which is a realistic score for him.

Pavlich is probably going to drop another 40K in the next few weeks.

Also, Skipworth now has a BE of 64 so you wouldn't lose that much trading him now.

He has scored like I expected someone like Higgins/Skipworth to score. Hodge and Fisher are killing me as well. These 3 continuing bad scores have seen me leave the top 100! :mad:

Hodge and Fisher are killing me as well. These 3 continuing bad scores have seen me leave the top 100! :mad:

I am sure that you aren't the only person with Hodge and Fisher, it is "killing" alot of people. Fisher's scores i have been happy with, this weekend wasn't great, but can't blame him for that. Freo are absolute trash (cant get the ball in their forward line) and should be dropped to the WAFL.

Biggest DT lesson I ever learnt was to not trade you're premos. They always come good eventually. Sideways trades are just a waste and 9 times out of 10 you lose money if you downgrade them.

Hold onto Pav

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Pavlich

Remove this Banner Ad

Back