Matthew Pavlich

Remove this Banner Ad

He's average against West Coast is about 75 so I think it'd probably be wise to wait another week. Might do a downgrade to Ben Warren somewhere. Hopefully Taylor Walker gets picked this week or my forward line could be in trouble.
And ablett sucks against adelaide and riewoldt sucks against port.

Theres only so long a champion can go without having a good game.

He's average against West Coast is about 75 so I think it'd probably be wise to wait another week.

Which is probably playing on Glass! Chances are Glass will have play on Mcpharlin or even Johnson this week as Pavlich pushes up in to the midfield. If his B/E is actually 94, I think he's probably going to get it.

He seems to be avg a little less with the extra midfield time. So i think he wont avg better than the year before. On avg most players avg have increased due to the higher possession and modern game of footy. So i think PAV will avg closer to 95. Hes a gun and i look to get him in next week or maybe do i just wait for Richo and than my forward line is set.

Pav or Richo, i think Richo will be a bigger scorer and with his 26 he could slide down alot in price, i will way up the right timing of the trade to upgrade Krakouer. However i wont be trading Krak out if hes scoring 90's and 100's.

I won't be sold on Pav until I see a few more 95+ scores.

Me neither. Playing in the midfield for the majority of the game is not helping his scores, it is in fact decreasing them at this stage. Now normally it is the other way around but he was so effective up forward that i'm struggling to work out whether he is worth trading in.

He won't play as a prominent forward again this year because he will be wasted, the ball just wouldn't get down their enough for him to influence the game. Playing through the middle he will get a heap of attention, may increase his touches (mainly handballs) and tackles but his marks and goals will be well down. At this stage:

Kicks - 12
Handballs - 6
Disposals - 18
Marks - 4
Tackles - 3
Goals - 2

Kicks - 14
Handballs - 4
Disposals - 18
Marks - 7
Tackles - 2
Goals - 3.5

The figures don't bode well, though he did have an interrupted pre-season so his slow start may be due to that. Like Beau, I will need to see a few more quality performances before i get excited about him, at this stage somewhere around 90 would be what i see him averaging. He had a fantastic game on the weekend but scored 114, in the past, an equally quality game would amount to a much great DT score for him. Personally, at this stage, him playing in the middle may have seen his ceiling decrease a little.

Clearly the telling difference is going to be the marks and the goals. If he's in the midfield then as suggested he'll probably struggle to get those extra 15-20 points, however I don't know that he will be playing there for the whole season. It seems more likely that he'll spend some time in the middle but push up in to CHF a lot, which should help with the mark/goal numbers.

I have no dooubt he will still average 100, and he can be relied upon to play almost every game and post reasonable scores, so he still represents good value over someone like Chapman who is prone to injury and quiet games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Pavlich

Remove this Banner Ad

Back