Matthew Scarlett - Washed up hack

Remove this Banner Ad

How many times did Fletcher handpass it to the opposition forward 10m out from goal?

How many times did Fletcher drop an elbow on an opponent gifting them a goal 15 m out directly in front?

How many times was Fletcher used as a stepladder by the opposition?

How many times was Fletcher caught holding the ball in his defensive 50?

:)
fletchers done that for his whole carrer

Not enough for me to give a shit about this thread.

More than enough for you to post in it though.

I'm sure if I could muster the effort to watch a game of footy involving Essendon I could find a few points to raise with regards Fletcher, but really typing out this post is about far as it's going to go. Watch an Essendon game? Blergh.

So, you're not really qualified to make or comment on any comparison between the 2 players, because you never make the effort to see one of them play.

fletchers done that for his whole carrer
No, he sticks his foot out to try to trip his opponents. I remember when he tried on Kingsley on the day he kicked 7, and Kingsley just walked around the foot and kicked another goal.

Geelong have gone too hard.

The old guys are not keeping up.

Ottens/Harley/Mooney/Scarlett/Milburn. Don't single one out.

Geelong went with the good old plan of resting a couple to give the kids a go against a poor team as they could still win easily.

They got found out bigtime. How many was Hawkins supposed to kick? lol

Geelong went with the good old plan of resting a couple to give the kids a go against a poor team as they could still win easily.

Typical St. Failure jealousy. We got found out big time by only winning by 20 points?

Even if we do go downhill this year, I'll still have seen as many flags in the last 2 years as your club has seen it is sad, pathetic history.

Stick to bagging Fremantle mate, they're the only club you genuinely have something over.

Typical St. Failure jealousy. We got found out big time by only winning by 20 points?

Even if we do go downhill this year, I'll still have seen as many flags in the last 2 years as your club has seen it is sad, pathetic history.

Stick to bagging Fremantle mate, they're the only club you genuinely have something over.

Touchy.

A bomber fan trolling another Bomber fan.

Matty loved the bombers until he became a cat.

He's not going to like one of his own paying him out.

Don't be surprised if he becomes an Essendon assistant one day.

Then I'm sure FAILLLG will change his tune.

I can remember Hird's 250th game in 2007, when Essendon were really taking it up to Geelong, but just before half time, Fletcher shanked two kick-ins, Geelong goaled from both of them and were never headed after that. Nice way to completely flatten the morale of the entire team in 90 seconds. :thumbsu:

Agree completely with this thread, should have retired before embarrassing himself, on a high like Lucas did at the end of 07.

Out of interest what is Scotty up to these days? I thought he was okay on the Sunday footy show last year, why haven't I seen him anywhere so far this year?

Agree completely with this thread, should have retired before embarrassing himself, on a high like Lucas did at the end of 07.

Out of interest what is Scotty up to these days? I thought he was okay on the Sunday footy show last year, why haven't I seen him anywhere so far this year?

How surprising to see a Saints fan in here bagging Scarlett. Still hurting over him sticking up for his teammate in the Qualifying final then trying to apologise after the game, only for Harvey to have a hissy fit I see.

I can remember Hird's 250th game in 2007, when Essendon were really taking it up to Geelong, but just before half time, Fletcher shanked two kick-ins, Geelong goaled from both of them and were never headed after that. Nice way to completely flatten the morale of the entire team in 90 seconds. :thumbsu:

Haha that's a great memory, cheers.

I remember him having a complete dud of a game in the semi final in 2004 when we beat the Bombers by 10 points, with James Hird almost single handedly dragging them over the line.

Can you believe that's the last final the Bombers have been involved in? They thought they were building to something :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not many actually..2-3 will suffice. He kicked 2 and presented well, fid a great ruck hit out in the forward pocket, straight down Gazza's throat who hand passed to SJ for pretty much the match winning goal.
We don't rely on bags from key forwards. In fact a Geelong player has only kicked more than 5 goals once in the past 2.5 years, despite being the highest scoring team in the AFL during that time.

As for the old guys, Ottens was injured early but was close to BOG Round 1, Harley has a knee injury which will see him return in a week or two, but he was AA last year and played every game, Mooney averages about 10 marks a game and kicked 50+ goals last year, Scarlett was AA last year and shows no sign of slowing down, despite playing through a rolled ankle this week, and Milburn was instrumental in our 4th quarter resurgence against Richmond. While this is happening we have recruited back -ups for these very players for the past 2 years and they will be taught the Geelong way, so they are ready to go when needed.
Could your post have possibly been MORE shit??!!

Haha that's a great memory, cheers.

I remember him having a complete dud of a game in the semi final in 2004 when we beat the Bombers by 10 points, with James Hird almost single handedly dragging them over the line.

Can you believe that's the last final the Bombers have been involved in? They thought they were building to something :eek:

I remember Scarlett (which by the way must be the girliest name in the AFL) being dragged all the way up to the Geelong HF line by Rocca the last time the pies played you. So much so that your entire defence fell on its arse, and you were thumped by 86 points.

All players have bad games.

hmmm last week people were saying that Scarlett was Geelong's most important player after Hawthorn's surge in the last quarter when Scarlett was on the bench and now this week he is apparently a washed up hack whose flaws are masked by the abilities of the defenders around him. wtf is going on there?

it happens all the time on here......if some people had their way the criteria for legend status in the hall of fame is to have two weeks in a row in the bests

Oh how satisfying it is to see this completely overrated tosser get found out. Looks like its all downhill from here for Scarlett, he's now reduced to a hack who:

-Would not dare to man up the oppositon's best forward e.g. Richo-If Richo was parked in the goal square Matty would man him
-Handballs to the opposition under slight pressure for an easy goal-Rarely..but that what happens if you have the courage to back yourself in
-Misses targets rebounding from defence under no pressure-See above
-Gets used as a stepladder by hacks like Jay Schulz-and that means what?
-Has no awareness in traffic and gets pinged holding the ball-Pure unadulterated BS...awareness in traffic is what his game is built on
-Drops knees into an opponents head to give away stupid free kicks directly in front of goal-Meh...stupid thing to do-he got pinged..what's your point?

Fletcher > Scarlett, 2 flags > 1. :thumbsu:

Flag's in the bag hey Matty? :eek:

OK Now your piss poor OP is dealt with..:thumbsu:

How surprising to see a Saints fan in here bagging Scarlett. Still hurting over him sticking up for his teammate in the Qualifying final then trying to apologise after the game, only for Harvey to have a hissy fit I see.
Congratulations on missing the point entirely :thumbsu:

Seriously, you can't make this stuff up. From a Carlton supporter no less.

You won't find any shortage of people outside Geelong who think SOS was a better full back than Scarlett. Scarlett's good (well he was until he slowed down), but he's not that good. Every Gary Pert was a better full back than Scarlett.

If Richo was parked in the goal square Matty would man him Is that because he's too slow to man up on anyone that leaves the goal square?

Rarely..but that what happens if you have the courage to back yourself in And don't have the skills to backup your courage (which many would summarise as stupidity).

and that means what? It means he's a poor judge of the ball in flight, and his opponent is able to take advantage of this, and specy him.

Man, that was easy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Scarlett - Washed up hack

Remove this Banner Ad

Back