Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

It does feel like Scharenberg is the general. Even with Howe back there.. he does look like a different class. Just an amazing talent.

Slob went on to say that we've got an 8-10 yr player on our hands. Personally I think the positive to take out of the 2 knee recos.. are the 2 yrs his body has been free from competitive football. Fingers crossed we might get an extra coupla yrs out of him towards the latter stage of his career as a result.
Yes Gimpy.. rupturing your acl twice before you're 21 is a proven method of extending the back end of your playing career :thumbsu:o_O

Yes Gimpy.. rupturing your acl twice before you're 21 is a proven method of extending the back end of your playing career :thumbsu:o_O

Glass half full re.. other parts of his body haven't taken hits. He was tentative in his first yr back.. this is his 1st yr really having a crack.. 4th yr in.

Love having a settled defensive group, with the chemistry working. Schaz’s outstanding form is the glue that binds them.

It’s early in the morning, and mixed metaphors are acceptable before 6 am.

His form has improved out of sight and his marking has been a highlight. He’s obviously a great kick but I’d like him to be more attacking with his foot skills now rather than kicking short sideways so often. I think he can be too conservative sometimes.

Love having a settled defensive group, with the chemistry working. Schaz’s outstanding form is the glue that binds them.

He's close to our most important player.. top 5 at the very least I'd say re.

His form has improved out of sight and his marking has been a highlight. He’s obviously a great kick but I’d like him to be more attacking with his foot skills now rather than kicking short sideways so often. I think he can be too conservative sometimes.

He may look conservative to you.. not to me.. he pinpoints his passes.. great with his hands.

Did anyone pick up on the handball in a pack situation on the wing where he floated it over the top to some bloke running past.. no room for error.. and he just got it spot on.

He does it easily..

He may look conservative to you.. not to me.. he pinpoints his passes.. great with his hands.

Did anyone pick up on the handball in a pack situation on the wing where he floated it over the top to some bloke running past.. no room for error.. and he just got it spot on.

He does it easily..

I am glad someone mentioned it re.

I watched the game again yesterday and all his handballs are very clever and rarely puts his teammates into danger.

Just a discussion point; if our Round 1 defensive group never had injuries/disruptions and were playing well all the way through (i.e. Langdon/Maynard or Moore being swung forward before injury).

Does anyone reckon Shaz be stuck in the 2s or would the coaches have changed the defensive balance to bring him in?

I am glad someone mentioned it re.

I watched the game again yesterday and all his handballs are very clever and rarely puts his teammates into danger.

He's so good at surveying his territory way before the pill gets into his hands.. he makes it look so easy when he disposes of it.. absolute master at it.

They talk about him on 360.. on 'On the couch'.. Gerard Healy and Jonathan Brown are completely head over heals for this bloke.

Just a discussion point; if our Round 1 defensive group never had injuries/disruptions and were playing well all the way through (i.e. Langdon/Maynard or Moore being swung forward before injury).

Does anyone reckon Shaz be stuck in the 2s or would the coaches have changed the defensive balance to bring him in?

Bucks and the coaching group made a massive mistake not playing him round 1...….the fact they "rushed" him back for round 2 after Bucks said he had to earn his place back in the senior side speaks volumes.

He's so good at surveying his territory way before the pill gets into his hands.. he makes it look so easy when he disposes of it.. absolute master at it.

They talk about him on 360.. on 'On the couch'.. Gerard Healy and Jonathan Brown are completely head over heals for this bloke.

Watching him live it is more obvious he knows where he should be and when......….his timing at the moment is exquisite.

He is what I term a "footballer" in the Sam Mitchell mould. The truth is I can see him taking Pendles position on ball when he is ready to retire.
I think he has very similar traits in terms of vision and calmness under pressure like Pendles.

I am really happy he is playing so well.

He deserves all the Fonzies accolades he is getting at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the Herald Sun today Gimpy?

No.. I'm just putting it out there.. yeah he had foot issues at junior level.. enough to push him out to pick 6.. BS.. clearly pick 1 or 2.

No wonder Hine's froth in the draft room was hitting the desk yet again.

No.. I'm just putting it out there.. yeah he had foot issues at junior level.. enough to push him out to pick 6.. BS.. clearly pick 1 or 2.

No wonder Hine's froth in the draft room was hitting the desk yet again.

LOL.....less publicity the better IMO...……...let his football do the talking.

Bucks and the coaching group made a massive mistake not playing him round 1...….the fact they "rushed" him back for round 2 after Bucks said he had to earn his place back in the senior side speaks volumes.

In his 9 games.. probably only one substandard game.. v Brisbane. 14 possessions I think it was.. but he was in 6s and 7s trying to cover everyone's backsides.

Before 6 am, we're all Travis Cloke. Whilst in bed, I'm 6 foot 5 and built like a brick outhouse behind the curtains.

Everyone made massive mistakes in round 1... it was abhorrent. The only game I could make live this year too :(

F sign him.. it's hard enough as it is right now keeping him out of the spotlight. Think most have picked up on how good he is.
Is this a Robbo article? Can’t dig the heels in us right now so going about it low key with profile raising out of contract players.

Before 6 am, we're all Travis Cloke. Whilst in bed, I'm 6 foot 5 and built like a brick outhouse behind the curtains.

On cue Fonzie arrives....….Can you teach me the bra maneuver Fonz?? :D

tumblr_ot5go3WcGh1r8rnbmo1_500.gif

Is this a Robbo article? Can’t dig the heels in us right now so going about it low key with profile raising out of contract players.

Gimpy is joking...….made me look also hahaha

It's nice to receive the poster of the month of March and April.. first time someone's has won it in consecutive mths.. but that's not what I'm about.

It's nice to receive apologies from mods.. bigfooty royalty and debutant posters who thought this bloke was on the periphery of our best 22.

Although I've had to deal with my inbox flooding with apologies.. actually quite humbled by it all.

Last edited:
It's nice to receive the poster of the month of March and April.. first time someone's has won it in consecutive mths.. but that's not what I'm about.

It's nice to receive apologies from mods.. bigfooty royalty and debutant posters who thought this bloke was on the periphery of our best 22.

Although I've had to deal with my inbox flooding with apologies.. actually quite humbled by it all.
This is a bit embarrassing Gimpy. I think that message from BF HQ contained a spelling mistake. Added a letter but you must agree poster and poser sound pretty similar. You are correct that you are the first poser to go back to back. Our warmest congratulations still apply.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back