Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel so bad for him,just rotten luck again.Hopefully he can make a full recovery and come back better than ever some time next year.

And such a good guy.

Good talent,
Good guy.

This is genuinely on of my biggest fears come true. While no one deserves injuries, it seems exceptionally cruel that this has happened to him for the third time. Seeing him finally get a chance to show just how talented he is has been the highlight of the year for me.
The only positive is that he has already proven how resilient, dedicated, and courageous he is. He is more than capable of doing what he needs to do to get through this.

Matt is a wonderful, talented player, and by all accounts an incredible, humble, gracious person. Hopefully he can go on to have an outstanding footballing career, but no matter what happens, I wish him all the best in the world.

Totally unfair. Hopefully its pretty uncomplicated and no other damage so can make a good recovery. Glad he is signed for 2 years so can work away without having that worry hanging over him.

I sometimes find it odd, the way I feel attached to some Collingwood players more than others, but not with Scharenberg. He's always seemed like such a humble guy for someone who has been hailed a talent for so long, and I've come to admire his perseverance. It was impossible for him not to become one of my favourite players. I feel a deep dismay at the moment, and I just wish him all the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to invade the Collingwood board, but really sad news.

Hope he has an uncomplicated recovery. Given the way the Pies are playing, it’s really disappointing to see the contributors miss the finals experience. Fingers crossed he gets to experience it next year instead (don’t think the Pies form is a flash in a pan for this season only). Best of luck to him!

I sometimes find it odd, the way I feel attached to some Collingwood players more than others, but not with Scharenberg. He's always seemed like such a humble guy for someone who has been hailed a talent for so long, and I've come to admire his perseverance. It was impossible for him not to become one of my favourite players. I feel a deep dismay at the moment, and I just wish him all the best.
A lovely post.

Disappointing, have really enjoyed his development the past 12 months! It is my opinion he can still develop into a mid fielder, certain he will bounce back a third time.

Alex Johnson from Swans has just done his 'good' knee. Surely genetics comes into it for some players?

Question for, he pies is then... what do we do with Scharenberg? 3 knees by the age of 22...
We support him and give him every chance to get back into the field.

Agree - of course. But feel like we need to start identifying injury types earlier and making tough calls on their future. Shaz, Reid, Elliot, Wells, Moore... that's a lot of list and cap space on collectively only 30 or so afl games in 2018
I don’t thinks it’s as easy as that. A club is a collection of humans. When a human comes back from adversity other humans are motivated. Lots of moving parts.

We just need to keep being awesome club where young men flourish. Success will come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back