Matthew Scharenberg

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Because it would be pointless to bring in kids for a few to just leave. Need to bring a whole bunch in together to have any hope of making another GF in future years.

Here was I thinking we have just spent two years doing that.

if scharenberg leaves what 'close to' exactly are we going to get?
Tough one, with young players I tend to look at whether they have held their value, I don't believe he has although he hasn't played enough, he's already done an ACL so there's a heightened risk of doing the other one I believe.

But he probably came from a stronger draft than this year's crop, I would say if we're looking at a pick it's in the 15-30 range.

Tough one, with young players I tend to look at whether they have held their value, I don't believe he has although he hasn't played enough, he's already done an ACL so there's a heightened risk of doing the other one I believe.

But he probably came from a stronger draft than this year's crop, I would say if we're looking at a pick it's in the 15-30 range.

No thanks

Nah worth a lot more than that.

There is a reason they are waving a massive cheque at him. That draft year was strong and he was v well rated. You would have to think they are waving $400k at him and they wouldnt be doing that if they thought his knee was dodgy. In this draft he is worth the 5-10 selection for sure. Whether that is what we get is a different issue.

Also if it is to be a selection anywhere over 15 I would send him to the draft and he can either stay or go to the Lions. Make a statement.

There is a reason they are waving a massive cheque at him. That draft year was strong and he was v well rated. You would have to think they are waving $400k at him and they wouldnt be doing that if they thought his knee was dodgy. In this draft he is worth the 5-10 selection for sure. Whether that is what we get is a different issue.

Also if it is to be a selection anywhere over 15 I would send him to the draft and he can either stay or go to the Lions. Make a statement.
I like to take my Collingwood glasses off, I'd be over the moon if we get 5-10, in fact I'd be amazed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see him being worth that with the injury history and just average form since he came back. I have yet to see anything from him at AFL level to suggest he is going to be anything other than an accumulator off a HB flank. Hasn't shown much inclination to win his own ball and poor defensively. A lot from his draft have gone by him in performance. Obviously he had some special qualities as a youngster but I haven't seen that myself.

If he nominates Adelaide and with the above in mind his value will be reduced significantly from what it was on draft day. Playing devils advocate if I was Adelaide I would be offering their 2nd rounder. That will get it done in the end. We won't let him walk especially if we are getting Treloar in similar circumstances

Thought he would stay, but dont think so now. Crap thing is we aint gonna get nothing in return.

It will be cringeworthy in a couple of years seeing him in a Crows jumper, tearing games apart of a half back flank

Is he gone yet? No
Is he still a Magpie? Yes

It's all part of the game. Don't get up on your high horse thinking you know everything.
Lets just wait & see how this plays out.
Bet ya he re-signs!

Yeah bit disgusted with some of the stuff I have read in this thread. He is just a young kid (still a teenager?) who has moved interstate away from his family and spent the better part of 2 years on the sideline due to injury.

Mentally he would be vulnerable and right now the lure to move back home would be really strong. At the end of the day we don't know his journey/story, we don't know what he's going through.

I hope you are right and that he re-signs because I reckon the kid will be a jet.

What sort of draft? Pre-season or national? If so, don't Port have a pick before us?

Why are people assuming Adelaide the club is the preferred destination and not Adelaide the state. Port might be the club to deal with, their first pick for Shcarenberg and Kennedy sounds reasonable.

Doesn't sound all that fair to me mate.

Why are people assuming Adelaide the club is the preferred destination and not Adelaide the state. Port might be the club to deal with, their first pick for Shcarenberg and Kennedy sounds reasonable.
So we give away 2 players for 1 pick?
Not if it was up to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back