Preview Matty's 2012 Collingwood Season Preview.

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if there's any chance Marty will play as a forward this year. It's his preferred position and I think he deserves a go up there.

Well done Matty, great read.

The injuries are better served occuring now than when they did in 2011. We were shot by the time finals came around, we won on grit against WCE, won on heart only against the Hawks and gave everything in the GF. I still see us as the benchmark this season. Geelong will be thereabouts again, Hawthorn are a huge threat and if Carlton can improve, they will be dangerous as well. If Lecras has done his ACL then I rule WCE out as any threat, I didn't feel they would replicate last year with or without him this year.

Basically, if we manage our squad a bit better than last year and not rush injured players back, give kids more of a go and have a healthy list to choose from come finals, we should win it.

I wonder if there's any chance Marty will play as a forward this year. It's his preferred position and I think he deserves a go up there.
Well if our forwards keep getting soft tissue injuries (and Krak doesn't come back) he may well find himself up forward.

My thought is he will start off half back, but with his natural endurance, he could become a defensive midfielder, able to run with the very best all day.

Having seen Marty only once since he returned, he definitely has put on some muscle, so he may move into the midfield if he can regain his form of 2007.

Maybe but I think the midfield is stacked as it is. I think the next in line to go in there full time is Wellingham, then maybe Beams. I'd like to see what Marty could do on the HFF, he did say he wants to win games off his own boot, might as well give him the chance to walk the walk if he's going to talk the talk.

Thoroughly enjoyed readin that Matt. Nice work.

Agreed. Barring injuries, I expect to meet Lance and the boys in 'poos and wees' on Grand Final day, and I want Chris Tarrant winning the Norm Smith for keeping Lance to no goals.

Would be amazing. At this point, like Buckley before him, I REALLY REALLY want to see Chris Tarrant with a premiership medal.

Great write up Matty - just not sure about the Elliott being small and skinny call. He has been dubbed by some down there at the club as "the little tank."

300_Josh.jpg

Wow, he seems to have put on some muscle, I saw him before xmas and he looked similar to what he did in his under 18 video, a small, under developed, skinny kid.

He's as tough as nails though, we already knew that, it's just a pity he had the setback or else we would have got the opportunity to see him tomorrow night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Matty's 2012 Collingwood Season Preview.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back