Toast Max Holmes

Remove this Banner Ad

How about a universal love thread?

maybe should be, where I come from being 'toast' means getting burned :eekv1:
so maybe some grammatical clarification; verb or noun :tongueoutv1:

Eh. He's nominally half back but effectively wing, and that seems to be working.
Yep.

Holmes is effectively still an outside midfielder (even when he's at half back) who hits up stoppages here and there. Positionally he might be getting the ball 30m further towards defence now as that's a smarter spot to have your runners collecting it.

Was Micky Turner unusual in the sense he bounced with left hand and kicked with right?

That's a bit like me with my left foot kicking, using right hand.

What a jet he was - loved watching him live.
Pace to burn , attacking player with great skills - would be right up there today with the way he played.

What a jet he was - loved watching him live.
Pace to burn , attacking player with great skills - would be right up there today with the way he played.
Agree. Arguably the best No.9 to play for Geelong. One of the best wingmen in the mid 70's and then transformed into a talented CHF.

I remember it was Ricky Barham and Mick Turner. Sadly, I don't think they ever played on each other in a game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was the votes from Thursday night and the 10 that Max had been missing this year

Port Adelaide v Geelong​

10 - Max Holmes (GEEL)
7 - Shaun Mannagh (GEEL)
4 - Mark Blicavs (GEEL)
3 - Jeremy Cameron (GEEL)
3 - Patrick Dangerfield (GEEL)
2 - Tyson Stengle (GEEL)
1 - Zach Guthrie (GEEL)

This was the votes from Thursday night and the 10 that Max had been missing this year

Port Adelaide v Geelong​

10 - Max Holmes (GEEL)
7 - Shaun Mannagh (GEEL)
4 - Mark Blicavs (GEEL)
3 - Jeremy Cameron (GEEL)
3 - Patrick Dangerfield (GEEL)
2 - Tyson Stengle (GEEL)
1 - Zach Guthrie (GEEL)
The 2020 side that lost to Richmond had 3 players from this list and one was in the stands.

Is he better than Micky Turner?
Agree. Arguably the best No.9 to play for Geelong. One of the best wingmen in the mid 70's and then transformed into a talented CHF.

I remember it was Ricky Barham and Mick Turner. Sadly, I don't think they ever played on each other in a game
Not yet.
Turner was my favourite Cat until Senior.
Brilliant speed, but also an exceptional mark for his height.
Rapt to see those highlights.

Turner, Barham, Flower, Greig, Schimmelbusch, Hawkins, Wood, Eade- that era was blessed with elite wingers, but imho, Turner was the most exciting and quickest, Flower and Greig the most skilled, but only just.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Max Holmes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back