Traded Max Lynch F3 (Freo), F4(GC) to Hawthorn for F3 and F3 (Bris)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think that was me. I was just confused by your comment about 'not getting a ruckman'. How else are we getting Lynch if we aren't trading for him? Or picking him in the PSD it it came to it.
It was not you. I'm sorry, my mistake.

A 3rd round pick is fine Geelong have 41 (the lowest tradable pick they gave) they pmaybe get a 4th round back frro the pies. or they Get 50 off Brisbane for Fort.

I'd like Hawthorns' future 3rd for our GC future 4th and pick 59 or 65, if Hawthorn won't be using these picks. That could give us some flexibility to move pick 27 on draft night for a 2022 2nd rounder.
How many list spots are Collingwood keeping open? You can only take to the draft however list spots you have. Collingwood already have 6 inside 58 so not sure any more will help you this year unless we can get 41 from Geelong for Ceglar

How many list spots are Collingwood keeping open? You can only take to the draft however list spots you have. Collingwood already have 6 inside 58 so not sure any more will help you this year unless we can get 41 from Geelong for Ceglar
I believe we have 37 players contracted. 31 Senior list, 4 Cat A rookies and 2 Cat B rookies. That's 7 vacant list spots.

I believe we have 37 players contracted. 31 Senior list, 4 Cat A rookies and 2 Cat B rookies. That's 7 vacant list spots.
Interesting that you are carrying that many when you will effectively be having 1 pick before the 50's.

Interesting that you are carrying that many when you will effectively be having 1 pick before the 50's.
We need the numbers so we can carry-in the points associated with the pick that we will use to match a bid on Daics

We need the numbers so we can carry-in the points associated with the pick that we will use to match a bid on Daics
Yeah i get that, but it will also mean you are adding numerous 50+ draft picks from this draft either through the national draft or rookie draft. You might get 1 or 2 of the 5 or 6 to become an AFL standard player

I think the Hawks future third round pick gets this trade done. As it would likely be a pick in the 40s. Pick 59 is not much value to Collingwood.
Agree, F3 seems about the market rate - Pick 59 may not be worth the space that we'd need to clear to use it

Yeah i get that, but it will also mean you are adding numerous 50+ draft picks from this draft either through the national draft or rookie draft. You might get 1 or 2 of the 5 or 6 to become an AFL standard player
1:3 seems a pretty high strike rate for picks in the 50's - guess it depends on what you mean by AFL standard player.

Picks in the 50's will effectively be in the 40's after the d&d bids. It's an ok year to take a few punts and back-in your talent id team. Shit, when you finish 17th, get some new guys! But then promote some rookies, maybe a psd? And leave a spot for msdraft.

Picks in the 50's will effectively be in the 40's after the d&d bids. It's an ok year to take a few punts and back-in your talent id team. sh*t, when you finish 17th, get some new guys! But then promote some rookies, maybe a psd? And leave a spot for msdraft.
They might, I anticipate that the Pie's picks with any points will be consumed by the Daicos and Dib bids - that means that most of our live selections will be very late in the draft. We loaded up with youth last year, so no urgency on that front. We may promote one rookie and I guess there'll be a spot left for the PSD. Reckon the Pies would prefer to swap out 58, so no need for 59.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to Draft Guru we currently have 36 senior players, 6 Category A rookies and 1 category B. This includes players out of contract (Thomas, Cox et al) as well as Lipinski and Krueger.

I think we’ll go into the draft with 6 list spots open. 2 will be filled by Daicos and Dib. We’ll upgrade 2 rookies (Noble & Keane most likely) and leave two list spots for the SSP and/or MSD.

Lynch and a third for Will Day

We already have the best D.Moore 😉.

The future third we get for moving on Ceglar should simply be on-traded for Lynch. Hope to see that happen this afternoon.

I think we'll likely snag 34 or 41 from the Cat's because of the willingness to cover salary. I'd like to see us make some moves to turn that pick + a future 3rd + 59 + 65 into Lynch and 27.

I think we'll likely snag 34 or 41 from the Cat's because of the willingness to cover salary. I'd like to see us make some moves to turn that pick + a future 3rd + 59 + 65 into Lynch and 27.
The Pies don't need 59 and 65 - hoping the Pies use Pick 27 as a trade on the night.

The Pies don't need 59 and 65 - hoping the Pies use Pick 27 as a trade on the night.

They're short on points currently, that trade bumps them over the 2400 needed if the bid comes at 1.

Not saying it WILL happen, but it'd be an excellent result for Hawthorn if it did because it'd give us that other top 30 we're after.

They're short on points currently, that trade bumps them over the 2400 needed if the bid comes at 1.

Not saying it WILL happen, but it'd be an excellent result for Hawthorn if it did because it'd give us that other top 30 we're after.
They aren't going to leave 8 list spots free going into the draft. If they need points on the night they will trade down 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Max Lynch F3 (Freo), F4(GC) to Hawthorn for F3 and F3 (Bris)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back