Traded Max Lynch F3 (Freo), F4(GC) to Hawthorn for F3 and F3 (Bris)

Remove this Banner Ad

With Bruce going down and English not showing he can be the no 1 ruck week in week out, this guy could just be perfect for us.
Difficulty is both the Bulldogs and Collingwood need 2021 picks for points for NGA/FS bids.

Are future picks enough to get this deal across the line is Lynch nominates the Bulldogs?

With Bruce going down and English not showing he can be the no 1 ruck week in week out, this guy could just be perfect for us.
Difficulty is both the Bulldogs and Collingwood need 2021 picks for points for NGA/FS bids.

Are future picks enough to get this deal across the line is Lynch nominates the Bulldogs?
If he nominated the Dogs, it's going to be hard to say no tbh - however future picks don't suit an immediate need.

I wonder if there is any scope to re-negotiate the Treloar contribution as a result of moving Lynch....

If the Cats are keen, I’d hope for Lynch and 2022 4th rounder (late 50’s pick) for Krueger and 2021 pick 52.

Very possible the Cats won’t use pick 52 as a live pick, so could be a deal they’re interested in. We just need 5 vacant list spots which we’ll do with ease.

I’d like him for Lipinski but doesn’t seem we hold an interest and have our eyes on a cheap mature ruck.
Yeah, a shame because in a year or two he'd be absolutely primed.
I want a 1-2 year option and someone like Lynch. The rumours suggest he's off to the Hawks

If the Cats are keen, I’d hope for Lynch and 2022 4th rounder (late 50’s pick) for Krueger and 2021 pick 52.

Very possible the Cats won’t use pick 52 as a live pick, so could be a deal they’re interested in. We just need 5 vacant list spots which we’ll do with ease.
Id think that's a fair deal for both parties... Both players have potential, Kreuger has that freak potential, but only time will tell... were do we sign?

Id do that for sure might even throw in a points upgrade for you (say our 32 for your 36 etc) if needed. Lynch would be a good fit for us if he wants to come as he could well be no1 ruck here.

Considering list demographics, would a three way trade of...

Lynch to Hawthorn
Krueger to Collingwood
Ceglar to Geelong

Seem a realistic prospect for all 3 clubs?

Picks would be involved to even things out.

Its a fair value trade but as ceglar is the same age as stanley it does nothing for the age profile of our ruck stocks. Ideally we would be looking for a ruck in his mid 20s that suits our needs better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pure... obviously I know you are concern about our ruck. Would you be happy with Lynch?

The game he played against Gawn this year i was impressed-a small sample size admittedly. I would like to trade in a more established ruck but there's not many on the market this year so id definitely take him if he's willing to come.

The game he played against Gawn this year i was impressed-a small sample size admittedly. I would like to trade in a more established ruck but there's not many on the market this year so id definitely take him if he's willing to come.
Lynch will be one of the top 5 ruckman in the game in 3 years.

Lions have been linked to Darcy Fort as we may need a ruck on our list. He has only played 8 AFL games and still under contract
Lions have list spot as well as salary cap issues this year
Can i assume you don't think Darcy is up to the job or do you just want Lynch being younger on your list
Geelong have not really played a pure ruck at AFL level for some time
I too would like the Lions to get interested in Lynch but Hawks & Geelong appear to be the clubs mentioned to date

Lions have been linked to Darcy Fort as we may need a ruck on our list. He has only played 8 AFL games and still under contract
Can i assume you don't think Darcy is up to the job or do you just want Lynch being younger on your list
I too would like the Lions to get interested in Lynch but Hawks & Geelong appear to be the clubs mentioned to date
It's not that Fort is up to it, it's just the coach never given him a real chance to show what he can do..
Why I wouldn't mind Lynch is cos Stanley is his 30s ( we'll most Cats players are ) , Fort could be on the way to Lions, we have 2 19 year old kids in Paul the Greek and Neale who both are young. We really need a ruck in the 21 age bracket, as Esava is a forward not a ruck..
We might not even get Lynch as even with Hawk no club has been linked to him, not like Fort in a newspaper has been linked to you guys in the lions..

Fort is ok but not great...hes your C grade mature ruck but we dont seem to want to play him. We would probably trade him to you for nothing (ie like a future 4th or some unusable pick) but as we lack ruck depth we will probably only do that if we can trade another ruck in (ie lynch). If we cant we will probably keep him for the last year of his contract in case stanley goes down.

What makes you so confident on that?
He has a great leap. A good tap ruckman. Watch his game against Gawn. He constantly out-jumped him at centre bounces. Is young. Can ruck all game. Has a bit of flexibility. Just needs to work on his contested marking which I’m sure will come. He has a lot of improvement to come. He was a soccer player until the Pies offered him a rookie contract.

The pies seem to produce good ruckman. Grundy, Witts. Many think Cox is an excellent tap ruckman, and would also surprise many.

Disappointed to lose Kreuger but this would work

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Max Lynch F3 (Freo), F4(GC) to Hawthorn for F3 and F3 (Bris)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back