Traded Max Lynch F3 (Freo), F4(GC) to Hawthorn for F3 and F3 (Bris)

Remove this Banner Ad

They're short on points currently, that trade bumps them over the 2400 needed if the bid comes at 1.

Not saying it WILL happen, but it'd be an excellent result for Hawthorn if it did because it'd give us that other top 30 we're after.
The current points shortfall is minimal and reportedly, unlikely to be needed. I'd prefer Pick 27 as a trade for a 2022 R2 Pick and with one or more late picks to make up the majority of the shortfall - it's likely that the Pies will be able to take a small points deficit into 2022 without impacting their 2022 R1 pick

The current points shortfall is minimal and reportedly, unlikely to be needed. I'd prefer Pick 27 as a trade for a 2022 R2 Pick and with one or more late picks to make up the majority of the shortfall - it's likely that the Pies will be able to take a small points deficit into 2022 without impacting their 2022 R1 pick

I'm not actully sure how points deficits work for following years, how does paying it work? Guessing it's not the same as bids which you just lose the first picks until you've paid it?

I'm not actully sure how points deficits work for following years, how does paying it work? Guessing it's not the same as bids which you just lose the first picks until you've paid it?
My understanding is that the number of deficit points are deducted from the pick in the same round that incurred the deficit in the following year's draft. if Daics goes at Pick 1 and the Pies match, then the Pies will incur a 185 point deficit against their R1 2022 Pick (the Pies currently have 2215 points and the Point tally for a Pick 1 F/S is 2400, so 2215 - 2400 is a deficit of 185). Say the Pies finish last in 2022, their R1 Pick will be 3000 points - 185 deficit points, as the net number of points (2815) is greater than the next pick (Pick 2 is 2517) then no damage, the Pies keep Pick 1. Based on this, the Pies would need to finish 14th or higher before the deficit would result in a loss of places in draft pick order. Clearly, the higher you finish, the greater the impact a deficit has, to be guaranteed that the deficit won't impact on your next year's R1 pick, the deficit would need to be less than 40 points.

Future 3rd is fair.

Watch us get destroyed in this trade too.

Giving up 43 for Lipinski and getting a pick worse than a 3rd rounder for Lynch would have me thinking maybe Ned Guy still has a shadow role in the club.

Apparently both Hawks and Brisbane future 3rds for Lynch, Freo future 3rd and our future 4th?
Did I just hear that right on trade radio?

Apparently both Hawks and Brisbane future 3rds for Lynch, Freo future 3rd and our future 4th?
Did I just hear that right on trade radio?

Ah, GCS future 4th.
Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unders, but whatever.

Unnecessary complication with swapping freo 3rd round pick with Brisbane's.

Pretty much Lynch + future 4th (GC) for future 3rd (Hawthorn) - I think Freo and Brisbane will finish at similar spots next year.

So to crunch the numbers:
Lynch
+Freo future 3rd (assuming 9th?) = 331pts
+GCS future 4th (assuming 14th?) = 158pts

FOR
Hawks future 3rd (assuming 16th?) = 446pts
Brisbane future 3rd (assuming 4th?) = 259pts

Lynch and 489 pts for 705?
Lynch = 216pts = Pick 54 roughly?

Hopefully Brisbane fall off a cliff, and Hawks for the spoon XD

Good luck to Lynch at Hawthorn. Hawthorn have acquired him extremely cheap. He could wind up being a very good get, but still a work in progress but got teh right attitude.

I was thinking 3rd with a 4th back upgrade would have been about fair. Looks like almost nothing at all. Collingwood did right by their former player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back