Maxwell gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Maxwell should lay off the caffeine WTF was he doing last night,was directly responsible for 4 goals from brain fades.I would think Collingwood would hope for a suspension saves them the embarrasment of dropping him.

Watching the build up to the Adelaide-Sydney game and they seemed to have access to the reverse angle shot of the Maxwell incident.
Funny how Channel 7 couldn't find it last night but that might be because Maxwell works for them and is much clearer than the other shot

The broken nose makes it interesting - surely that has to upgrade it to a 2 week holiday down to 1 with an early plea? Would they risk not having Maxwell next week and just hoping they get through or would they fight it?

So he smashes a guy in the face, draws blood and he gets zero weeks with an early plea. Holy shit Batman, if I ever go to court can you be my judge?

Harbrow knocked Jordan Lewis completely out a few years back - should we now just rub him out?

The fact you get someone high shouldn't be the deciding factor - the intent or action should be considered.

In no way was Maxwell's actions malicious nor any intent to do harm - he was simply trying to block space.

WC stand to benefit from his omission - but i still don't think he should get done

Harbrow knocked Jordan Lewis completely out a few years back - should we now just rub him out?

The fact you get someone high shouldn't be the deciding factor - the intent or action should be considered.

In no way was Maxwell's actions malicious nor any intent to do harm - he was simply trying to block space.

WC stand to benefit from his omission - but i still don't think he should get done

Which part of: "The head is sacrosanct" don't you understand. JZ had intent for the ball in the contest and was rubbed out for four weeks.

Maxwell backhands someone 50m behind play and there is no intent? Get real.

So we shouldn't even bother turning up for the game? Well done on winning the grand final in advance.

Which part of: "The head is sacrosanct" don't you understand. JZ had intent for the ball in the contest and was rubbed out for four weeks.

Maxwell backhands someone 50m behind play and there is no intent? Get real.

So we shouldn't even bother turning up for the game? Well done on winning the grand final in advance.

Which part of Harbrow knocking Jordan Lewis out by hitting him in the head don't you understand? Blokes get whacked in the head in every game and it isn't a free kick nor reportable.

Backhands?? Might want to re-watch it me thinks

Which part of Harbrow knocking Jordan Lewis out by hitting him in the head don't you understand? Blokes get whacked in the head in every game and it isn't a free kick nor reportable.

Ah the old it is justified because someone else did it and it was worse. Nice, my three young children use that argument. If it is wrong for them....

Ah the old it is justified because someone else did it and it was worse. Nice, my three young children use that argument. If it is wrong for them....

No it is called common sense and simply casting a blanket comment like "head is sacrosanct" without considering such a thing as context suggests a simpleton

No it is called common sense and simply casting a blanket comment like "head is sacrosanct" without considering such a thing as context suggests a simpleton

You sound like a Carlton supporter justifying Judd's actions. BTW,
resorting to abuse of me because the AFL made the rules shows the real weakness of your argument.

Maxwell is a great leader. So long as picking off guys 20 meters from the play with their eyes on the ball is great leadership.

Pretty sure if Harbrow had done that 50m off the ball he would have got 8 weeks, the reason he got off was both players were contesting a loose ball and lack of intent.

Maxwell was nowhere near the ball, put on a clumsy but deliberate block well behind play and broke his opponents nose. Worst than Stevie J's block as if caught the player high and caused damage. Min 1 week with an early plea and discounts, should get two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maguire's running of the Maxwell defence on Fox's coverage this afternoon was downright embarrassing. Apparently Maxwell's action was 'in play.' It's pretty straightforward really. If the player should not reasonably expect contact then the transgressor is in strife.

Watching the build up to the Adelaide-Sydney game and they seemed to have access to the reverse angle shot of the Maxwell incident.
Funny how Channel 7 couldn't find it last night but that might be because Maxwell works for them and is much clearer than the other shot

Yeah that was interesting. Was it not channel 7's camera or something?

You're forgetting the tribunal rule; low contact, love-tap impact (but Academy Award acting).

That's the point, besides your rose coloured glasses tainted opinion of the supposed "Academy Award acting." Finals time means tribunal adjudications against star players will conveniently be downgraded so as to allow them to perform on the biggest stage and not lessen the spectacle. Barry Hall is the example, hence "Barry Hall finals rule."

So was just looking at the Tribunal booklet. If he was to go, lets assume high contact, Reckless (rather then intentional or negligent, although if decided behind play could be intentional), medium impact (broken nose). Thats 6 pts and level 3 offense. Level 3 Rough conduct is a 325pt offense. with an early plea comes down too 243. No good or bad record that I can find (suspended in 2009 round 3. No loading as loading lasts 3 year. No good record as have to be clean 5 years). So would miss Semi and Prelim back for Granny (assuming Pies keep winning). To challenge would risk the Granny as well.
Nasty situation (not saying incident is nasty but not being able to challenge without risking the granny). Interestingly if it was considered striking, would only miss 1 week (2 if they challenge).

That's the point, besides your rose coloured glasses tainted opinion of the supposed "Academy Award acting." Finals time means tribunal adjudications against star players will conveniently be downgraded so as to allow them to perform on the biggest stage and not lessen the spectacle. Barry Hall is the example, hence "Barry Hall finals rule."

Maxwell a star player? Okayyy

Maxwell is a great leader. So long as picking off guys 20 meters from the play with their eyes on the ball is great leadership.

Better than eye-gouging, pressure-points and chicken-winging blokes who can't defend themselves.

Ha ha, a scum supporter having a go at Maxwell when your captain is one of the dirtiest dogs going around.

Based on the other footage, I don't think he should get any games.

I think he's a complete w***er, but he shouldn't get games for basically protecting his front position in the race to a contest.

2 to 3 weeks. clearly got the guy high, (broken nose tends to indicate this) out of the play.

Harvey will get about the same for his hit on Kerr.

Buckley himself said it was an intentional block off the ball, so forget the reckless/accidental etc

Steven Baker is the most logical precedent in terms of how the contact will be graded

Remove this Banner Ad

Maxwell gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back