News Maxwell overrated says Scarlett

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't have a problem with what Scarlett wrote ... it's his autobiography after all he can write what he want.

I do strongly disagree that Maxwell is overrated though. Most of Maxwell's worth is in his leadership, standards and off field examples. That's why he is a Premiership captain!! AND Maxy will continue to show these qualities even when his playing days are over. :thumbsu:

Well I do think his "it ends when you walk off the field" style comment was more regarding how players viewed each other on the field, not necessarily that it would never be spoken about again.

As for Maxwell, you could argue there becomes a point where your on field leadership doesn't take precedence over your on field performance. I think some would argue he'd be a better motivator/coach than a player who has to dispose of the ball and preferably to a team mate.

Scarlett has three premiership medallions.

How many does Maxwell have?
I think he has a son and a daughter.
I know he has at least one child, but I'm not up to date with all this stuff since I'm not into the personal lives of players like Caro is.

h06FA5DE2

I don't know many people who rated Maxwell outside of leadership and determination ability.

I know plenty of people who accused Scarlet of being overrated, and essentially playing as a glorified Dustin Fletcher.

Who gives a shit

The most important factor is his teammates have continued to vote him Captain and rate him as the best leader.

I didn't think he was best 22 the year before his Captaincy.

But the club, coaching staff and his peers rate him.

Everything else is speculation from outsiders.

As a player we all know he has limitations.

I love this footage of Scarlett where he claims to have got in the Maxwell's face when in actual fact all he does is run up and hit him from behind before running off.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2013-07-25/scarletts-revenge-on-maxwell

Yeah he really let him have it didn't he. God, he couldn't run away quick enough after the little elbow tap. And face to face is apparently the same as behind your back in Matthew Scarlett's world.

From that footage, I would say that Scarlett didn't actually say a word to him, but even if he had I'm sure as the premiership cup slipped away at that moment Maxwell would have been devastated to hear that Scarlett and his Geelong mates didn't like him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stuff discussing Maxwell's merits as a player. Discuss the fact that dickhead Scarlett conveniently left out what he said to Maxwell and others in 09. Maxwell said he took the opportunity to give it back. Appreciate him as a player but this story confirms that he is a A grade shit bloke.....3 flags or not.

Not really sure why Maxwell would mouth off during a PF win. Scarlett would have still had two flags to Maxy's none at that point so I find this all hard to believe.

And he sounds like a jealous schoolboy. "We thought Harls was better than him so we thought he was overrated". Seriously?

Pretty low content for a book that's hitting the shelves IMO.

Well I do think his "it ends when you walk off the field" style comment was more regarding how players viewed each other on the field, not necessarily that it would never be spoken about again

Yep, Scarlett's "it ends when you walk off the field" conflicts a little with publishing it in his book! :D

Maxwell is the better bloke, so he wins in the end

Strange that Geelong tagged a player they didn't rate though

I'm one who thinks Maxwell is overrated.

However I never liked Scarlett when he was playing. From what I remember Maxwell only said something to them because the previous year when they knock us out they mouthed off at Maxwell.

The more notable thing was Swans lack of effort to tackle Ling even as far back in the 2011 GF he was not putting in enough defensively, I must confess to not noticing this as much back then.
I recall getting flamed for saying that our midfield gave up in the last quarter hence the loss, nothing to do with positional changes, just a lack of effort when everything got tight.

A certain ex employee did too......ah well, the truth will always be seen

I recall getting flamed for saying that our midfield gave up in the last quarter hence the loss, nothing to do with positional changes, just a lack of effort when everything got tight.

A certain ex employee did too......ah well, the truth will always be seen

Was a bit of both lack of midfield effort and coaching blunbders imo, not moving Taz to Hawkins and leaving a hampered Reid on him was a major mistake.

Was a bit of both lack of midfield effort and coaching blunbders imo, not moving Taz to Hawkins and leaving a hampered Reid on him was a major mistake.
Without wanting to revisit a a dark day, we had too move tarantula to Johnson who at the time was the only Geelong forward looking dangerous, and along with bartel as a pseudo chf got Geelong back into the match.

What was so disappointing is as taz shut down Johnson, Reid lost his grip and Hawkins caught alight which got the Geelong midfield lifting.......instead of lifting with them our midfield threw their hands in the hand and gave up. I have no doubt if our midfield lifted with theirs cloke and Krakouer would have done a demolition job on them.

Like I said dark day, and im not going back there again

Remove this Banner Ad

News Maxwell overrated says Scarlett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back