McBean

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously not the thread to be discussing it but think you are very harsh on vickery. 22 year old 200cm player who has had an acl and shoulder problems that is outperforming 80-90% of key position players his age.

LMAO...sheeeeeeeeeesh...that the accolade of the century...KPPs of his age huh? Can you roll out the list please? I mean, we are talking about KPPs who are playing senior footy ok? The ones that are in the 2s dont count, because they might have better KPPs in front of them...so give it your best shot man..;)

LMAO...sheeeeeeeeeesh...that the accolade of the century...KPPs of his age huh? Can you roll out the list please? I mean, we are talking about KPPs who are playing senior footy ok? The ones that are in the 2s dont count, because they might have better KPPs in front of them...so give it your best shot man..;)

That's the point, most 22 year old 200cm players are either in the 2's developing or are playing cameo roles in the senior team. I stand by my comment. How about this, you list the players currently in the afl his age and dimensions that have outperformed him to date.....there won't be many.

That's the point, most 22 year old 200cm players are either in the 2's developing or are playing cameo roles in the senior team. I stand by my comment. How about this, you list the players currently in the afl his age and dimensions that have outperformed him to date.....there won't be many.

umm...but your point is stupid...i mean you use the word outperformed..which is relative to him...it does not in anyway suggest he is performing well. It means others are performing shitter..bid deal...like lets get real here. If there was a better option he would be in the 2s as we speak..unfortunately the brains trust opted to keep Derrickx to ensure there wasnt a better option!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously not the thread to be discussing it but think you are very harsh on vickery. 22 year old 200cm player who has had an acl and shoulder problems that is outperforming 80-90% of key position players his age.
And thats the crux of the issue with Vickery.Consistant performance.But anyway thats for another thread.Mcbean i'm confident in along with Elton.FJ has been getting some flak over draft picks outside the 1st rnd,I think he,s done well with these 2.

umm...but your point is stupid...i mean you use the word outperformed..which is relative to him...it does not in anyway suggest he is performing well. It means others are performing shitter..bid deal...like lets get real here. If there was a better option he would be in the 2s as we speak..unfortunately the brains trust opted to keep Derrickx to ensure there wasnt a better option!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone these days expects players to perform at a high level week in week out from day 1. Fact is its not going to happen, and Vickery is not likely to perform consistently for another 2-3 years. Imo you are being way to quick to bring out the hammer because Vickery has shown he will be a very good player down the track. When McBean comes in same issue will apply, supporters will get frustrated hes not kicking 2-3 goals a week and will be calling for his head. Same with Griffiths, everyone has written him off, yet he is 21 years old and won't play his best football for another 2 years minimum.

Patience is the key.

Everyone these days expects players to perform at a high level week in week out from day 1. Fact is its not going to happen, and Vickery is not likely to perform consistently for another 2-3 years. Imo you are being way to quick to bring out the hammer because Vickery has shown he will be a very good player down the track. When McBean comes in same issue will apply, supporters will get frustrated hes not kicking 2-3 goals a week and will be calling for his head. Same with Griffiths, everyone has written him off, yet he is 21 years old and won't play his best football for another 2 years minimum.

Patience is the key.

Sorry but you are mistaken when it comes to putting me in that bucket with those impatient supporters.
First off I dont care about consistency at this age. I do however care about what happens when they are supposedly showing us what they have in that inconsistency. You talk about impatience, but then on the back of what has been shown in 3 year, taking everything into consideration, you are quick off the mark to say, "Vickery has shown he will be a very good player down the track". I mean, i kinda look at it from an objective angle, put any kid of his stature in the 1s and I am pretty sure that 90% of them would show about the same...I mean, plonk a 20 yold at 200cm in the FL and keep them there, rain hail or shine, sure, they will take a mark or 2 in a few games in the year and convert a few goals...and here you are straight onto it, like he has shown? LMAO...get real..shown is coming out and within 6 rounds having tongues wagging..not about consistency, about doing shit that 20 yold shouldnt be doing..get it? Now lets "hope" your enthusiasm is on the money...all i am saying is that up until now, he has shown he is just another player with aspirations who has been afforded all the benefits from his coach and nothing less and is performing like a 20yold 200cm player and nothing more..
.the end!!

I haven't yet seen him take a big pack mark or any contested marks for that matter but then again I don't have that much knowledge on his game to comment.

He's definitely taken some good contested marks. Obviously he's not smashing packs or outmuscling opponents, but he's got very good hands. If he gets to AFL level he'll be the complete package, marking, roving, kicking.

Don't play him yet. He came to the club at 87kg and is now at 92kg so although he is skinny it doesn't seem as though he will struggle to put on weight.

I would play him out of fullfoward at Coburg for the rest of the year until the last couple of games where I would play him second ruck and see how he goes at that.

Very excited for him and the future but think Astbury, Griff and Elton (and even A. Edwards...) deserve a crack before him. All have more maturity and bigger frames so probably can compete a bit better.

Apparently has put on 7 Kgs this year but needs another 10 to get near required playing weight. Future star (such a tall guy with great skills below his knees!) but only give him a taste of senior footy this year if we fall out of finals contention IMO.

Hopefully he is a star in the years to come. Unlike Hughes, Post and maybe Vickery lol

Reckon he has jumped ahead of a few of our other KPP. Has pure talent which makes him very appealing so tempting to play him early, Jack was very similar but still had to slog it out in the 2's for at least a year or so. For a potential star such as him it is worth being patient so he learns the game, puts on weight and is hungry by the time he is ready.
Ideally we want Griff, Elton, Astbury and McBean to all be playing and or competing for a spot in a year or so. Currently we have a lack of size in both our forward and back lines. It stands out against the good sides so we want these blokes to continue to develop and then come in to have an impact. Not sure if all of them are up to it but if at least McBean and one other live up to potential it will make a massive difference. Unfortunately for now we need to be patient which sucks.

Sorry but you are mistaken when it comes to putting me in that bucket with those impatient supporters.
First off I dont care about consistency at this age. I do however care about what happens when they are supposedly showing us what they have in that inconsistency. You talk about impatience, but then on the back of what has been shown in 3 year, taking everything into consideration, you are quick off the mark to say, "Vickery has shown he will be a very good player down the track". I mean, i kinda look at it from an objective angle, put any kid of his stature in the 1s and I am pretty sure that 90% of them would show about the same...I mean, plonk a 20 yold at 200cm in the FL and keep them there, rain hail or shine, sure, they will take a mark or 2 in a few games in the year and convert a few goals...and here you are straight onto it, like he has shown? LMAO...get real..shown is coming out and within 6 rounds having tongues wagging..not about consistency, about doing shit that 20 yold shouldnt be doing..get it? Now lets "hope" your enthusiasm is on the money...all i am saying is that up until now, he has shown he is just another player with aspirations who has been afforded all the benefits from his coach and nothing less and is performing like a 20yold 200cm player and nothing more..
.the end!!

Lol. No point arguing you just don't get it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. No point arguing you just don't get it

yeah...ok i dont get it..lets hope Ty does..BTW when is ETA for Ty again? since you know he will be a good player I guess you have tha formula all worked out too..so how long do we persevere? Just so we dont get to the point where we get to 150 games because we are still waiting..;)

yeah...ok i dont get it..lets hope Ty does..BTW when is ETA for Ty again? since you know he will be a good player I guess you have tha formula all worked out too..so how long do we persevere? Just so we dont get to the point where we get to 150 games because we are still waiting..;)
Haha now you're just being stupid. Anyone who knows anything about football knows he has all the tools to be a very good player when he matures. He shows glimpses most if not all games. Last week for example, put the ball under his arm and ran away from jetta. No vickers in rd 1, and we lose to Carlton. Had a huge game, and has been serviceable in another 3-4. Don't even know why I'm arguing my case, I'm happy with where vickers is at ATM, as I'm sure dimma and the club are as well. Thank god your not running the club because all our key position players would be delisted before the age of 23, wouldn't surprise me if you wanted jack traded at the end of 09 too :rolleyes:

I just had a look at the recent drafts and here are the only guys that are about the same age as Vickery that I'd say are outperforming him.

Taylor Walker
Alex Rance
Daniel Talia
Jake Carlisle
Jack Gunston
Jack Darling
Jeremy Cameron

There's a few other on a similar level in Hurley, Aaron Black, Sam Reid and Sam Kerridge. Not a long list.

I just had a look at the recent drafts and here are the only guys that are about the same age as Vickery that I'd say are outperforming him.

Taylor Walker
Alex Rance
Daniel Talia
Jake Carlisle
Jack Gunston
Jack Darling
Jeremy Cameron

There's a few other on a similar level in Hurley, Aaron Black, Sam Reid and Sam Kerridge. Not a long list.

Good work on doing the research but wasn't it about guys his size? Gunston is a 3rd tall at best.... I'd say Cameron, Walker, Darling and Carlisle are about right but not one of them is a forward/ruck....

Good work on doing the research but wasn't it about guys his size? Gunston is a 3rd tall at best.... I'd say Cameron, Walker, Darling and Carlisle are about right but not one of them is a forward/ruck....

Yeah the list isn't impressive if it's ruck/forwards.

View attachment 19726
Couldn't resist
From Dr Seuss Sneetches

Thanks for reminding me of this guy:
240548.jpg

Now i'll probably have nightmares tonight, won't be able to sleep.

Remove this Banner Ad

McBean

Remove this Banner Ad

Back