MCDFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Any friction between Lachie Edwards & his old coach? How many did Brown kick?

Brown kicked 7 in what was a loverly warm day

if I recall could be wrong someone got yellow carded but they were up the other end they were Avoca
noticed Lexton were wearing their Original Strip same what royal Park wears
never have i seen 2 clubs wear same strip unless they havn;t got their new strip yet

not knowing players from either club i got no idea I just came down to watch the game don't get to many MCDFL games due to umpiring here in Ballarat
just a chance to get to a game other then doing 2 mcdfl finals last year
good to see different Standards lexton looked far better then Avoca on the day would take a few rounds to see where the new clubs are at least Lexton and Navarre off to a good start . similar start to CHFL Clubs Carngham linton
cheers

Not a good weekend for the stead not only going down to Navarre but we may have lost a couple of "VIP's" for a few weeks - Mark Ramsay has broken his foot and Daniel Christmas has twanged a hammy!

Lexton sounds like they have started with a bang too, but what has happened to Avoca? You would have to think that Maldon and Lexton would be most peoples early favourites to be leading the pack come finals time.

You reckon Rovers will end up better than Lexton? After all the talking up the Tigers' coach has done, I would have thought their positioning as favourites with Sportsbet was spot on! Wonder what he thinks of Maryborough's gutsy win over at Eaglehawk in last week's season opener?

Anyone know the latest with young B McRedmond? Was supposed to be "back home" at Talbot. KingRich might be able to fill us in?

Played for Talbot on the weekend did he not?

This I getting boring! Who is going to win this weekend? Give me something people

There are a couple of cracking games this weekend, 3 in particular that are going to really show where a couple of clubs sit early in the season.

Lexton v Newstead will be a ripper with Lexton destroying last years grand finalists Avoca the other week and by all reports looked very sharp, and Newstead going down to Navarre were hoping for a good start to the season against one of the new boys but may find the going tough with a couple of injuries to key players away and do not want a 0-2 start to the year.

Navarre v Harcourt will also be a very interesting game with Navarre beating Newstead who are expected to be one of the top couple of sides at seasons end, not only that but had 34 scoring shots to 21! Harcourt too had a good win against Natte and with all of their recruits and few times they loose at home should be right up there.

Maldon v Brook will probably be he pick of the three. Maldon are flying and look even better than last year with Kelly returning with his customary bag to help the Carrols and Burchells, Brook have got a couple back this year from Maryborough too though and with the nucleous of locals should push back up again too.

So the winners from these 3 games will be very happy Saturday night, the losers know it is only early days but these games are almost worth double points come the end of the year!

The rest of the games should pretty much go to script.

Buckets tips:

Creek V Rovers - 136 points
Bushy V Dunolly - pick a number between 1 and 1000
Lexton V Newstead - 47points
Navarre V Harcourt - 18 points
Talbot V Avoca - 51points
Trentham V Natte - 92points
Brook V Maldon - 8 points

Royal Park Football Club Dunolly Football Netball Club Ronke, Trevor Denied 17/04/11
Royal Park Football Club Dunolly Football Netball Club Thomas, Dale Denied 17/04/11
Royal Park Football Club Dunolly Football Netball Club Thomas, Raymond Denied 17/04/11
Royal Park Football Club Dunolly Football Netball Club Warren, Jayden Denied 17/04/11

I guess there's no chance these lads will get cleared b4 the Park vs Dunolly game...

Just seen the score Dunnolly racked up against Royal Park:eek:. Fair to say the likes of Maldon, Lexton and a few other teams should give some where between 60 to 80 goals a nudge. Not good for Bushy. Will they see the season out?

... Those who have ever been associated with Bushy should do all they can to ensure they do. Where is everybody? Are the locals going to make an effort to keep this proud football club alive, or is it too hard for those who could do something?

... Those who have ever been associated with Bushy should do all they can to ensure they do. Where is everybody? Are the locals going to make an effort to keep this proud football club alive, or is it too hard for those who could do something?

I'm a bit the same Cousin Ben. There are plenty around the place and they need to get back there NOW or the club may not be there next year. I think people often take their footy clubs for granted, but they are more fragile than ever these days. Trouble for bushy has been them not having juniors for so many years and that is killing them now. They almost rely 100% on importing players to keep their senior list afloat.

On another note, annoying that the Sporting Pulse page doesnt get updated quicker. The scores made it onto Country Vic Footy website earlier today but still were not put on the sporting pulse website.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some interesting scores from the weekend. Big surprise would have to be harcourts close win over at nivarre. And carisbrooke must be a decent side being up at 3 quarter time against maldon

On another note, annoying that the Sporting Pulse page doesnt get updated quicker. The scores made it onto Country Vic Footy website earlier today but still were not put on the sporting pulse website.

Agree with you on this Rich. Unfortunately there is a couple of new guys doing the results and are not yet up to speed with the system. A few clubs not sending in their results also doesn’t help. The results are supposed to be faxed to the league before 6pm on match days and some clubs still can’t seem to achieve this. Hopefully it will get better as the season progresses. I know that they were still chasing results yesterday afternoon from sat games.

Another startling performance from W.Leighton he must be firming up for the B&F at Trentham, and good to see Michael Riches in the Trentham squad his an ex VAFA A Grade player with alot of skill and poise about him definetly one to watch

Another startling performance from W.Leighton he must be firming up for the B&F at Trentham, and good to see Michael Riches in the Trentham squad his an ex VAFA A Grade player with alot of skill and poise about him definetly one to watch

I have heard Leighton has been impressive all season jsd09

Any chance of Fisher playing for Lexton this week against 'Brook or is he only going play against the crap teams like he did when he was at Maryborough?

Any chance of Fisher playing for Lexton this week against 'Brook or is he only going play against the crap teams like he did when he was at Maryborough?

Might not be in there best 22 from what I've seen, he might just get in the road,lol
He might just play in a pocket to take a big defender away from the Brown's and Robbin's
Should be a very good game sat night, hopefully not to cold to keep the crowd away

Might not be in there best 22 from what I've seen, he might just get in the road,lol
He might just play in a pocket to take a big defender away from the Brown's and Robbin's
Should be a very good game sat night, hopefully not to cold to keep the crowd away

Not being in the best 22 didn't stop him playing himself at Maryborough!

Tips:

Avoca vs Harcourt 82 points
Creek vs Talbot 1 point
Dunolly vs Navarre A lot
Rovers vs Trentham 15 points
Newstead vs Royal Park 250+ points
Carisbrook vs Lexton 9 points
Maldon vs Natte 54 points

Avoca vs harcourt 100 odd
Creek vs talbot 20 points Grice to kick a bag
Dunolly vs Navarre 18 points
Rovers vs trentham 35 points
Newstead vs royal park. Next
Carisbrooke vs Lexton at least 8 goals
Maldon vs natte axle won't trouble the score board

Well done Brook, Shut Lexton's running game down, good win. Heard it got abit ugly, few grudges to be taken on board for next encounter.
Season is getting very interesting

Is that so? Do tell. Keen to know how the visiting coach was received by some of his former disciples (and premiership teammates). Who played on Browny and kept his influence minimal?

Remove this Banner Ad

MCDFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back