McGinnity to be sanctioned for insulting a players mother

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admits his Mum is tougher than him he'd have to play for Melbourne wouldn't he.;)
But seriously the club should be congratulated they are following the policy so is the umpire and so is Ricky. Clearly times have changed and we all have to live with them. Unless your a fan that chants rapist to a guy who was never charged or had the evidence tested in court. I implore all footy fans to join Rick in his brave stance and only comment in a constructive fashion about opposition players. I will be implementing this immediately join my crusade against verbal abuse.

Your logic and sarcasm is all over the place, but it seems to me that you condone the "rapist" chants given to Milne?

No, it would not.

I tell people I will kill them all the time (well, not all the time) when I'm pissed off at them.

I don't tell them I'm going to rape their mum.

There's a line there somewhere.
Neither bother me and worse is regularly said in a footy match. Though threats to kill someone are often taken very seriously in "real life".

Regardless, I will wait until after the clubs or AFL respond before believing the claims. As I said on your board before reasonable discussion was deemed to be off limits (soft club, soft supporters it seems).

So McGinnity was just responding to Petterds death threats...

This is a criminal offence isnt it ?? Yet the afl only took action against McGinnity

But i suppose its who cries loudest

If true, it was a sucky thing to say. Just like any alleged death threats (hilariously lame). I wouldn't do it, nor would it bother me. Worse is regularly said by fans and players (at least at an amateur level).

But a few points:

Firstly it does appear Ricky alerted umpires to whatever was said

Secondly it is strange that Ricky is being painted as a victim when his mum seems unfased by the comments and he allegedly instigated the situation

Lastly if the allegations prove untrue, should the club or McGinnity pursue legal action against the HUN

Personally I hope they would but I doubt they have the balls.

Here's how this thread will play out:

WCE fans will think it's a joke and PC gone too far
Melbourne fans will think the book should be thrown at him
Everyone else will sit on either side of the fence.

PS: Your momma's so fat that when she gets in an elevator, it HAS to go down.

Post #4. Quoted for foresight.

You'd think Petterd's opponent at the opening bounce next week would be getting all up inside his head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't happen. Pattys said something. Whether or not it was justified it's just sledging. I'd be saying the same thing if someone on the footy field threatened to kill me
"I'm gonna ****ing kill you, you piece of shit!"
"can you make it after 6? I gotta squeeze your mum in for a quicky"

Ricky runs to the umpire and his dad... As soon as he came back to me I would have told him to relax and I'm gonna go slow with his mum seeing as I destroyed her box a couple of nights ago...

Wouldn't happen. Pattys said something. Whether or not it was justified it's just sledging. I'd be saying the same thing if someone on the footy field threatened to kill me
"I'm gonna ****ing kill you, you piece of shit!"
"can you make it after 6? I gotta squeeze your mum in for a quicky"

Ricky runs to the umpire and his dad... As soon as he came back to me I would have told him to relax and I'm gonna go slow with his mum seeing as I destroyed her box a couple of nights ago...
It is just such a shockingly weak thing to do.

It is also unwise in that environment. He will cop it mercilessly now.

Imagine if you were lining up ago at him next week! Before te bounce shake his hand... Then say 'your mum good to go again yet or..."

Not sure if this has been mentioned in any of the preceding million posts...

It wasn't that long along that i recall the biggest, baddest teams in the AFL ( the great Lions, Bombers & Cats teams being examples ) revered not only for their physical toughness but also their ability to mentally break an opponent down.

Voss was a legendary sledger and i hazard a guess he said some pretty nasty shit in his heyday. I can't recall anyone ever running to the ump complaining that their feelings had been hurt.

There is little chance this was the worst thing ever said between players on the field in the heat of battle.

What do you think was said to Ben Cousins over the last few years ? What about Gary Ablett Jnr ? Would love to hear their perspective.

Pissweak stuff from Petterd. If someone sledges you, just smash them at the next contest, dont go crying to the umpire like the bruise free bitch you are. He's going to cop it this weekend.

cbf reading the whole thread, but I like this post. Seamless working in of the bruise free tag. Well done, sir. :thumbsu:

And seriously, we simply don't need weekly evidence of the fact that the Dees are weak ********s. I mean, everyone already knows that the Dees are weak ********s.

Ben cousins convo
Player: hey mate what's up tonight?
Cousins: after the game prob go have a few frothies and see where the night takes us
Player: can I come?

is it wrong that mcginnity said what he said- yes

is petterd weak as piss for dobbing him in - yes

will petterd become a target - hell yes. this isnt primary school, but a professional sport.

is it funny and melbourne like that petterd threatened to kill him and then teared up when mcginnity said "make sure you kill me after i've rape your mum" - yes

The amazing thing about the article was Demetriou comparing this to Winmar and Monkhorst and challenging racism. He seriously thinks Petterd is a hero and won't be a target. Winmar and Long are legitimate hero's of the game Ricky Petterd is fair game for now and forever.

Nothing would suprise me with how politically and soft the afl has become of late. Its almost like demetriou and anderson think their the ****en moral compass of the world these days. Someone should tell them they aren't a political party their job is to improve the game off field and keep their dirty mitts off the onfield stuff which they have already stuffed.

What a deflection !

This issue has nothing to do with political correctness.

Insult a guy's mother 100 or 200 years ago - let alone in 2011 - Would likely result in having your head knocked off.

And this is a long time before political correctness came into vogue.

What a deflection !

This issue has nothing to do with political correctness.

Insult a guy's mother 100 or 200 years ago - let alone in 2011 - Would likely result in having your head knocked off.

And this is a lont time before political correctness came into vogue.

Threatening to fly across the country to kill someone wouldn't?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back