News McGuane to Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not that it really matters, but what's the lowest level of compo you can get under the FA rules? Nothing?

Lowest level is nothing. However, it takes into account the overall loss to the team.

Given we have lost a best 22 player (at the moment) in White, and a fringe 22 player in McGuane. Those two leaving are going to have a bit of an impact on our side. I'd say second rounders for both of them, and I would love it if we could ask the AFL to package the 2 for an end of first round pick.

Compo is screwed though.

Collingwood look likely to receive 11 for Thomas, but Hawthorn are looking like getting pick 20 for Buddy. Not even close to adequate.

Or a Tambling at the Crows, Collins at the Blues, Putt when re-drafted from the VFL, Polo at the Saints, or even Gus at the Crows.

Every year we hear "mark my words, we will pay for letting this guy go, he'll prosper at ABC and we will be a laughing stock yet again"

9 out of 10 times, these guys disappear to local leagues

I don't think we will be crying over the premiership exploits of McGuane - He's a role player, nothing more, and he has been surpassed by Edwards

I know what you're saying, but I wasn't one who said any of those players you just listed would do better.

Shulz I thought would but he exceeded what I thought he would do. Rodan in the end wasn't really a loss. Ottens obviously was a gem anyway.

White and McGuane I think will do very well at there new clubs though.

When it comes to Tambling i thought to myself it might be the break he needs to be a better player but obviously not.

Back on to mcguane though, he will do good things for brisbane if they use him correctly.

I know what you're saying, but I wasn't one who said any of those players you just listed would do better.

Shulz I thought would but he exceeded what I thought he would do. Rodan in the end wasn't really a loss. Ottens obviously was a gem anyway.

White and McGuane I think will do very well at there new clubs though.

When it comes to Tambling i thought to myself it might be the break he needs to be a better player but obviously not.

Back on to mcguane though, he will do good things for brisbane if they use him correctly.

And how is that? He's already talking about being a backman again apparently (missed the interview, but someone told me he was talking about taking on the number one defenders and he can do it again on Trade Radio)

And how is that? He's already talking about being a backman again apparently (missed the interview, but someone told me he was talking about taking on the number one defenders and he can do it again on Trade Radio)

He is just saying he can swing back if need be, he did that at times this year and was serviceable at worst. I reckon Leppa will play him mainly forward.

He is just saying he can swing back if need be, he did that at times this year and was serviceable at worst. I reckon Leppa will play him mainly forward.

And who do you see him pushing out of the forward line at Brissy? Only reason they rolled Merrett forward this year was their huge injury toll.

Personally I think its far from done that Brissy will take him for anything other than depth

Given we have lost a best 22 player (at the moment) in White, and a fringe 22 player in McGuane. Those two leaving are going to have a bit of an impact on our side. I'd say second rounders for both of them, and I would love it if we could ask the AFL to package the 2 for an end of first round pick.

You are dreaming mate.

Doubt we will get much for either white or mcguane. third rounders at best if we are lucky, look at the compos for last year for Young etc

Sad to see them both go. I liked White in our team and actually preferred him over Edwards (and is younger).

Dare say like the other poster, will do a Shultz on us.

Lowest level is nothing. However, it takes into account the overall loss to the team.

Compo is screwed though.

Collingwood look likely to receive 11 for Thomas, but Hawthorn are looking like getting pick 20 for Buddy. Not even close to adequate.
Surely round 2 is waaayyyy overs for McGuane. Round 3 at best but most likely nothing I'd have thought (depending on what his contract is). Adelaide got nothing for Knights.

Edit: Might factor into confirming White as a round 2 compo pick if we're lucky.

And who do you see him pushing out of the forward line at Brissy? Only reason they rolled Merrett forward this year was their huge injury toll.

Personally I think its far from done that Brissy will take him for anything other than depth

Other than Brown I can't name one forward at brisbane. Merret i think is better forward than he is back though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGuane was serviceable in the forward line when he played. There wasn't much point keeping him though when Aaron Edwards had taken his place in the senior team. McBean will also be looking to force his way into the senior team.

McGuane isn't a bad pick up for Brisbane. Good luck to him!

So with White and McGuane leaving as free agents what kind of compo can we expect? An end of first might be a bit overs but I'd say both are worth second rounders.

White we'll be lucky to get a second rounder. McGuane no chance in hell of a 2nd rounder.

Surely round 2 is waaayyyy overs for McGuane. Round 3 at best but most likely nothing I'd have thought (depending on what his contract is). Adelaide got nothing for Knights.

Edit: Might factor into confirming White as a round 2 compo pick if we're lucky.

White will be a second rounder. I'm pretty sure of that.

McGuane may be a second rounder if the rumour around his contract status is true. (3 years, 1.2 million, 400k a year.)

Adelaide got nothing for Knights because of his salary and his age. McGuane is younger than Knights, and will be on more than Knights at Brisbane than Knights is with us.

Remove this Banner Ad

News McGuane to Brisbane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back