McGuire should resign

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly.

Let us forget the world.

Let us all just enjoy the pictures of the atlas.

Your biter because you feel lied to because Eddie hasn't scalped a big name. That is really no reason to get rid of him, his acceptance of MM ignoring list defincies is a completely seperate issue. The Judd saga is not worthy of Eddies demise and you will find little to no suppourt on that matter. End Thread.

The Judd saga is just the latest in a long list.

I am not here to start a movement to remove Eddie, so whether I get a lot of support or not is not the point.

My view still remains. It is endemic that Collingwood is attractive to few if any and you have to ask why.

Even on a balance of probabalities we would have attracted more players. We have attracted zero.

I hear Eddie thinks we are now back in the race. Why woud someone want to play for a President that said the player must have had a lobotomy? Dumb Dumb Dumb.

The Judd saga is just the latest in a long list.

I am not here to start a movement to remove Eddie, so whether I get a lot of support or not is not the point.

My view still remains. It is endemic that Collingwood is attractive to few if any and you have to ask why.

Even on a balance of probabalities we would have attracted more players. We have attracted zero.

I hear Eddie thinks we are now back in the race. Why woud someone want to play for a President that said the player must have had a lobotomy? Dumb Dumb Dumb.

I dare say and this is not meant in a harsh manner that you are looking at this far to simply.

I am as many firmly of the belief that the decision was based on either 1 the fact that we could not get a trade up or 2 the fact that Pratt will be paying him multi millions for a token position at visy for years after he has retired.

You have asked if we couldn't get a trade up for Judd why would he leave us to last 2, I would say it is clear that collingwood are mentioned in more player contracts discussion to drive the players value up, in this case Eddie would have been the only one to be able to offer anything close to the post footy oppertunities that Pratt may offer.

As for Eddie mentioning we are back in the race, I dare say that is a sign of intent rather then anything else. Mention we are out there so that A if carlton don't get a trade up Judd has us on his mind, and B so WC demand more from Carlton at the trade table.

This thread must be the longest peice of self indulgent drivel written since Mein Kamff .

"TheHistorian" your self flagellation is dull, repetetive, without merit and pointless.

I find it hard to beleive this thread has garnered the response it has...
You should have just posted it on the Carlton Board as you would have been assured of some support.

Obviously the end of the footy season has taken its toll and now anyone venturing on to Big Footy is going to have to put up with purile shit like this until next May......

Why not turn off your computer and go back to drowning kittens or whatever else it is that flicks your switch?

I dare say and this is not meant in a harsh manner that you are looking at this far to simply.

I am as many firmly of the belief that the decision was based on either 1 the fact that we could not get a trade up or 2 the fact that Pratt will be paying him multi millions for a token position at visy for years after he has retired.

You have asked if we couldn't get a trade up for Judd why would he leave us to last 2, I would say it is clear that collingwood are mentioned in more player contracts discussion to drive the players value up, in this case Eddie would have been the only one to be able to offer anything close to the post footy oppertunities that Pratt may offer.

As for Eddie mentioning we are back in the race, I dare say that is a sign of intent rather then anything else. Mention we are out there so that A if carlton don't get a trade up Judd has us on his mind, and B so WC demand more from Carlton at the trade table.

Thanks for actually responding like an adult instead of these "go back to drowning kitten responses".

I can see where the Collingwood supporter stereotype arises I am afraid. Give me Joffa any day.

Dumb was the second word that came to my mind. Petulant was the first.

And thanks for you too Mark. I know you dont agree with what I said, but you have agreed with my criticism of failure ot get any big deals done in 10 years.

Those who think I am trolling are very shallow in their responses.

For Collingwood to get Chris Judd we would have required trading the 2007 COpeland Trophy Winner and pick 14 to Richmond then trading pick 2 and Brown and possibly something else to West Coast, now if you are willing to trade away our entire future for 1 player then words cannot be used on this forum without getting a red card to describe you

Oh wait, you dont rate our copeland trophy winner anyway, you would probably have done it in a second, of course not to mention that doing that deal would rule any hope of getting a ruckman :rolleyes:

For Collingwood to get Chris Judd we would have required trading the 2007 COpeland Trophy Winner and pick 14 to Richmond then trading pick 2 and Brown and possibly something else to West Coast, now if you are willing to trade away our entire future for 1 player then words cannot be used on this forum without getting a red card to describe you

Oh wait, you dont rate our copeland trophy winner anyway, you would probably have done it in a second, of course not to mention that doing that deal would rule any hope of getting a ruckman :rolleyes:

That isnt what they asked for so stop making it up.

The reason Collingwood couldnt snag him was that incredibly the financial package they put together wasnt attractive compared to that offered by Carlton. This is notwithstanding the many ways such a package could have been out together.

Pretty embarassing with all the hype about the Pies wealth of funds and contacts.

Pratt is more attractive to Judd.

That is embarassing.

The reason Collingwood couldnt snag him was that incredibly the financial package they put together wasnt attractive compared to that offered by Carlton. This is notwithstanding the many ways such a package could have been out together.

Pretty embarassing with all the hype about the Pies wealth of funds and contacts.

That is embarassing.

Maybe he is paranoid black and white will make his skin look bad... :rolleyes:

Your pulling crap from your ass because neither you nor me have any idea why he did what he did, and probably never will...

Speculation, head hunting and scapegoating over a minor detail like a trade falling through, mate you should go for Carlton!!!! :):thumbsu:

You'd fit right in.

That is embarassing.

West Coast wants a top draft pick, pick 14 wasnt going to get us Judd, the only hope was getting it off one of the top sides, especially Richmond and they wanted Trav and Pick 14

Of course that leaving us with just 1 top draft pick would have still meant losing another 2 top youngsters, but hey Judd is worth it isnt he?

As for matching the financial package offered by Carlton and Visy, yeah I cant believe it, a team full of young stars who missed out on a prelim and probably a flag by 5 points couldnt match the bottom side with no one worth anything on their list, dont forget there is a salary cap :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he is paranoid black and white will make his skin look bad... :rolleyes:

Your pulling crap from your ass because neither you nor me have any idea why he did what he did, and probably never will...

Speculation, head hunting and scapegoating over a minor detail like a trade falling through, mate you should go for Carlton!!!! :):thumbsu:

You'd fit right in.

mate you should go for Carlton!!!!

Why? I have barracked for Collingwood for over 40 years.

Not pulling any crap from my arse at all.

It is not a minor trade deal, unless you live in lalaland.

It is a combination of many failed trade deals. Eddie promised big in 1999 and going forwards but has not delivered on any top player to come to the club.

He made the promises, not me. Yes he helped get us out of trouble, but he now needs to move aside and let others take over.
He is not entitled to presidency for life, esp when he cant get big deals over the line notwithstanding his personal involvement.

It is a combination of many failed trade deals. Eddie promised big in 1999 and going forwards but has not delivered on any top player to come to the club.

He made the promises, not me. Yes he helped get us out of trouble, but he now needs to move aside and let others take over.
He is not entitled to presidency for life, esp when he cant get big deals over the line notwithstanding his personal involvement.

A real Collingwood man never slits another Collingwood man's throat over a non-Collingwood man. That's heresy.

40 years big deal, I'm only 26 but I was born in a Collingwood jumper. My father supports Collingwood. My grandfather supports Collingwood. My great grandfather? He supported Collingwood.

But I don't claim my opinion is right purely because of that, nor do I mention it but in special circumstances much like these.

You want Judd so badly to spite your own club, go over to Carlton or whichever other fools sell their souls to get him. :thumbsu:

That is embarassing.

Pratt is one of the most wealthy men in Australia and is no doubt pulling a shifty post football you will get this this and this through Visy type deal. I doubt there is any other president in the league that would be able to match that.

The question is do you really want someone to play for you if their total drive is finicial based. True champions push themself harder for the team and for sucess and if Pratt's wallet was the decision maker after he said it would be "List, Facilities and Mcg home games." I really don't think that sort of character is good for team morale and team spirit.

I still for the life of me after 15 pages don't understand why on earth you need to buy big name trades to be sucessful. We are one of the highest spending clubs in the league and look for every way to get an edge on the comptetion. Football is a team sport the biggest names and best individual is irrelevant.

A real Collingwood man never slits another Collingwood man's throat over a non-Collingwood man. That's heresy.

40 years big deal, I'm only 26 but I was born in a Collingwood jumper. My father supports Collingwood. My grandfather supports Collingwood. My great grandfather? He supported Collingwood.

But I don't claim my opinion is right purely because of that, nor do I mention it but in special circumstances much like these.

You want Judd so badly to spite your own club, go over to Carlton or whichever other fools sell their souls to get him. :thumbsu:

I never said your birthright or whatever you are referring to means you are right. I say you have no right to tell me to support Carlton. That is stupid thing to say.

I dont care if you agree with me or not but the other comment is the biggest insult to me than anything else you can say to me, and you have no justification for saying it.

Stick to the topic, but dont tell me who to support. You certainly dont have the right to do that. I was freaking even born in COllingwood.

So step off. When I was your age I had already attended 4 losing COllingwood GFs and endless other losing finals.

I never said your birthright or whatever you are referring to means you are right. I say you have no right to tell me to support Carlton. That is stupid thing to say.

I dont care if you agree with me or not but the other comment is the biggest insult to me than anything else you can say to me, and you have no justification for saying it.

Stick to the topic, but dont tell me who to support. You certainly dont have the right to do that. I was freaking even born in COllingwood.

So step off. When I was your age I had already attended 4 losing COllingwood GFs and endless other losing finals.

All I'm saying is stand by Collingwood and Eddie who is Collingwood, just like you, just like me. Don't pull the knives out on Eddie just because someone who is non-Collingwood doesn't choose us, not only Judd but anyone.

If Eddie does something wrong by the club that is purely of his making and not influenced by anyone else's actions or opinions, not that I think he ever would, but if he did, hang him for it.

If someone better than Eddie comes along, I'm sure Eddie would be gracious enough to step aside in the interests of the CFC. Just like Kevin Rose did for him. That's the kind of thing that makes Collingwood great.

I think your finding such strong opposition to lynching Eddie because it is clear to all Collingwood supporters Eddie has done a lot for us and continues to do so, and if we struggle to recruit big names, either we don't find the need to chase as hard as others or else I can't see how it is purely Eddie's fault.

All Collingwood supporters know the word Collingwood tastes like shit to everyone but Collingwood people... :p

Like many people, I can't believe how long this thread has lived, but while I don't agree with you about Ed Historian, I admire the way you fight your corner. That's pure Collingwood.

And as for former presidents quietly rolling over as you suggest Sir L, mate, there've been some absolute bloodbaths in the past. Some of the older guys here could tell you tales to curdle your blood about the factional in-fighting of yesteryear. Even Kevin went down screaming. All part of the rich tapestry of Collingood history. Nothing like a good family spat to keep us all interested!

Eddie' repeated failure over 9 years to lure any big name players ot Collingwood despite all his posturing means he has basically failed to improve our on field performance as promised.

His failure to get Judd to nominate Collingwood (no matter whether they did the trade or not) is surely the final straw?

Eddie and his Channel 9 puppet Pert both need to resign.

Swan has outsmarted them both. Pathetic.

Hard to belive a Pie supporter saying this

McGuire is as savvy a businessman as there is out there.

He doesn't run the footy department, he runs the business that is the Collingwood Football Club, and at that he is exceptionally successful.

Historian....

a) Please suggest who would be more capable of running Collingwood and taking us to the promised land

b) Please let me know where you found out what both Collingwood and Carlton offerred Judd for his services

c) Please let me know how we could have possibly offerred a trade for Judd that was going to be better then Carlton's

d) Apart from N. Stevens, please give a full list of every big name player Eddie tried attracting but they chose another club. NOTE: J. Brown is not an example, he never left the Lions and was never going to. We only spoke to him.

What a silly post this is.

We were always going to be up against it in securing the services of judd.

Apart from the fact that carlton probably offered him more money he most likely would have been swayed by the fact that had he choosen collingwood a deal may have fallen over which meant he would have ended up at Richmond. When tossing up between 2 clubs something like this could play a big part in the decision.

The club has done a great job at attracking guys like marty clarke, kevin dyas and scott reed. This is where we have an advantage over the other clubs.

I hate the fact that carlton have judd but could you imagine 3 or 4 years down the track trying to fit judd, thomas, cloke, pendles , shaw etc etc in the cap when 1 player in on about 1.2 mil. This may actually be a blessing in disguise. And then there is the question mark over his groin. Cronic Groin injuries can cut down even the best of players. I took 4 or 5 good years of mcgaunes career and look what its done to luke ball. He is a shadow of the player he would be if he did not have that injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

McGuire should resign

Remove this Banner Ad

Back