McLaren umpiring again

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not advantage, it's a downfield free.

Actually That Dood is spot on. The illegal tackle was made during the disposal of the ball so it isnt a downfield free kick and it is to be taken where the incident occured. If the tackle was made after disposing of the ball then its downfield. Umpire actually made the correct decision.

PP!

C'mon man. You don't think the ball had left his boot? before the infringement?

On this topic, should the umpires pay a temporary advantage? I know Tippett marked if after the whistle and everyone had stopped a bit, but what if he marked it, and they brought it back?

PP!

C'mon man. You don't think the ball had left his boot? before the infringement?

On this topic, should the umpires pay a temporary advantage? I know Tippett marked if after the whistle and everyone had stopped a bit, but what if he marked it, and they brought it back?

ive only seen the incident on the scoreboard at the game and at the time we all thought it was during the act of disposal but in saying that i had been on the piss for several hours prior to the game. A lot of people have said though the tackle was made when the ball was on his foot so if thats the case then its not downfield.

PP!
Advantage is a tricky thing, especially when players stop on the whistle. Personally I think in situations like this one, when the ball is in the air on the way to a contest in front of goal, the umpire could just wait until the marking contest is completed before blowing the whistle. This would allow the contest to be "pure" and avoid the umpire having to call the ball back after the forward has taken the mark - with subsequent crowd abuse.

However, if the mark isn't taken, then the umpire blows the whistle (very late) for the infringement and calls it back - more crowd abuse.

Tricky one.

Reasonable umpiring that in no way affected the games result.

Not too much more you can ask for, there are always going to be issues with interpretations and consistency but unfortunately that's the way it is.

FWIW I was screaming murder after our Round 1 clash, I think it is just easier to cope with the bullshit when you win.

Remove this Banner Ad

McLaren umpiring again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back