Media Alert

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a masterful interview from Sam Newman. Bag him all you like but he was the one to ask the tough questions and made the provocative statements that evoked Brown's stirring respones!

I reckon you over rate the intelligence of Sam Newman:).

Sam ain't so bad. He can be a goose, but he did set browny up to say what he wanted by putting the most ridiculous of the crap to him. Makes sure no goon will ever hassle Brown on the topic again (at least if they value their health). He knew what he was doing. The banter between them for the rest of the evening after that was funny as hell. Browny certainly seemed to get a good chuckle out of it.

I LOVE SAM NEWMAN:D...He is the reason the footy show is still around..I don't find him offensive at all........Never have..not over the Nicky Winmar business or the latest Caro stuff..

We, as a nation of people, seem to be losing that good old australian sense of humour....We, unfortunately are becoming more and more politically correct...

We need to lighten up and start to laugh again....fast becoming a whole lot of grumpy unhappy people..

I LOVE SAM NEWMAN:D...He is the reason the footy show is still around..I don't find him offensive at all........Never have..not over the Nicky Winmar business or the latest Caro stuff..

We, as a nation of people, seem to be losing that good old australian sense of humour....We, unfortunately are becoming more and more politically correct...

We need to lighten up and start to laugh again....fast becoming a whole lot of grumpy unhappy people..

Agreed. People certainly seem to hold Sam to a higher standard. If they think that his antics are worse than the crime shows with people getting hacked apart all the time and people casually kidding about it, yanks teaching our kids 400 ways to use 'fu**', Blokes & girls screwing each other in all kinds of weird & wonderful places & ways on Sex By Satellite. Channel 10 trying to combine all 3 but only if the shows American..

I HATE SAM NEWMAN!! :mad: I can barely watch The Footy Show because of his rude, crude antics. His humour is so distasteful. I think his behaviour, as seen in the show every week, is an utter disgrace to the AFL community and what it represents.

I am with you brisbanelioness. I find him repulsive and IMO his humour is there to shock and lacks subtly. But that is me I guess. I always preferred Frontline to Paul Hogan.

Agreed. People certainly seem to hold Sam to a higher standard. If they think that his antics are worse than the crime shows with people getting hacked apart all the time and people casually kidding about it, yanks teaching our kids 400 ways to use 'fu**', Blokes & girls screwing each other in all kinds of weird & wonderful places & ways on Sex By Satellite. Channel 10 trying to combine all 3 but only if the shows American..

I am not too sure that we are talking about the same thing. We all know that Sam Newman is not an issue compared to world problems etc but by the same token I would rather watch sex on SBS than listen to Mr Newman but heck that's just me I guess:).

I am with you brisbanelioness. I find him repulsive and IMO his humour is there to shock and subtly. But that is me I guess. I always preferred Frontline to Paul Hogan.

Thank goodness for Frontline, and now they have taken it to a new level with The Hollowmen:D

I think Sam has become redundant, old humour from an old man who seems to make less footy sense than ever before.

The magazine Four Quarters features an interview with Josh Drummond.

There is a little quip by Lachie Henderson (Josh's housemate) about Josh's perfect habits.

Worth reading at the newsagents The mag itself is certainly not worth the $7.

PS this thread is getting derailed and side-tracked by discussion about Sam Newman.

I am not too sure that we are talking about the same thing. We all know that Sam Newman is not an issue compared to world problems etc but by the same token I would rather watch sex on SBS than listen to Mr Newman but heck that's just me I guess:).

Which is what they have to compete against hence the resorting to crudity on air, it's one big degenerative cycle. Personally I'd have more respect for him and the show if they did clean their act up and draw a reasonable line in the sand. There's so little class about these days in general, and I think most yearn for it. By the same token, when they get it right and go along that line, even occasionally putting a foot over, they can be incredibly funny. At the end of the day they're ex footballers though and the station should bare the majority of the responsibility for not providing backup to the staff they employ in guidance, good writing, EDITING, providing the right formula for them to deliver a good light hearted look at the weeks footy that entertains well without resorting to petty crap. The station see the material that's going to go to air and make the decisions. In saying all that basically, I believe a lot of the ill feeling toward Sam is misdirected.

Ed: Bears- didn't see that post before i put mine up, fair call. Have moved it over to footy fourth estate.

On 612 this morning they were calling for Lynchy to replace Voss as the sports reader. I like how they think and I can't believe the support that AFL gets on that station!!

Hopefully some one at C10 is listening!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not specific to Brisbane but the player they spend most time interviewing is wearing our colours and I thought a few of you might find this interesting. A video on AFL being the No1. game in Nauru, presented by none other than our friends at Al Jazeera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlvI1pDuP1c

Check out the video blogs of Scott Harding, Michael Rischitelli, Josh Drummond and Wayde Mills. Click onto http://afl.ten.com.au/video.htm and select Blogs, latest Blogs from the Video Playlist. They name the funniest and scariest team mate, their toughest opponent, their superstitions, their best talents, their bad habits and their 5 year plan (a bit sad hearing Millsy's :().

Check out the video blogs of Scott Harding, Michael Rischitelli, Josh Drummond and Wayde Mills. Click onto http://afl.ten.com.au/video.htm and select Blogs, latest Blogs from the Video Playlist. They name the funniest and scariest team mate, their toughest opponent, their superstitions, their best talents, their bad habits and their 5 year plan (a bit sad hearing Millsy's :().

For some reason, I feel like checking out Fair Dinkum sheds. :rolleyes:

Looks like Walls is definatley leaving the couch for another couch on Ch10's new round the clock HD sports channel.

Can not be a bad thing for AFL fans in Queensland I would not have thought:thumbsu:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/new...-sports-channel/2008/10/28/1224955982890.html

Hopefully Leigh will join Gerard on Foxtel.

I have mixed feelings about this one. On The Couch is one of the shows I *really* enjoy watching every week, and I really enjoyed the dynamic between the personalities and the repartee. Wallsy and Sheahan's banter often kept the other honest - with both of them being prone to outlandish or off-the-cuff comments that the other was happy to shoot down. Having said that, I hope they can find a suitable replacement who doesn't spoil the feel of the show.
That aside.. I will never turn my nose up at having another sports channel to flick across to, and the lineup looks promising. Considering Ten has rights to Footy, we could get a very healthy dose of coverage.

Plus NBA back on free-to-air makes me very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back