Media personality bias registry

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Which commentators/ media figures seem to despise your team

Dwayno seemed VERY excited about the prospects of Kieran Jack. Kept on about how much improved he is/how he is gonna be a gun for most of the replay on Foxtel's "The Winners". If he hated the Swans as you say, he would have just ignored him.

When was this, if it was in the last week or two than why has it taken him this long????? He's just jumping aboard two or three weeks after most other media annalists said the same thing, sorry Salty he's running a mile behind on that call.

I remember once back in the late eighties, in Sydney, watching the news on 10. Rex Mossop was doing the 'sport', he got to the Aussie rules and Mossop said something like, "no I'm not doing it, I hate Aussie rules, hate the Swans, really hate the Swans, stuff em". This was a live read of the sport's news, so yeah, Mossop didn't like us much.................prick.

nothing beat the old days of McKenna and Scott calling Crows games.

Get a hold of the last 10 mins of the game against Fitzroy where Jamo kicked a goal after the siren to win. Still one of the most appalling pieces of commentary of all time.

Caro loves the opportunity to have a crack at Clarko and Kennett.

But then again so do most:)

Get a hold of the last 10 mins of the game against Fitzroy where Jamo kicked a goal after the siren to win. Still one of the most appalling pieces of commentary of all time.

If that's the game I'm thinking of where Fitzroy finally looked like winning a game until the final 3 minute period where a run of the worst umpiring decisions gifted Adelaide the match, then their comments were probably warranted. I can't remember the commentary, but can remember the concluding moments of that match. Never seen a team robbed harder than Fitzroy that night.

If that's the game I'm thinking of where Fitzroy finally looked like winning a game until the final 3 minute period where a run of the worst umpiring decisions gifted Adelaide the match, then their comments were probably warranted. I can't remember the commentary, but can remember the concluding moments of that match. Never seen a team robbed harder than Fitzroy that night.

Seconded!

From a Lions perspective - Matthew Campbell is our commentating worst nightmare. He played for the Bears but he is one of those people that goes above and beyond to show he is not favouring the Lions, to the point where most Lions fans can't stand him commentating our games. Win, lose or draw he gives us the shits.

I think Brian Taylor has a Collingwood inspired grudge against the Lions. Its not to Eddie proportions though.

Also, Dwayne Russell is hard for any team's fans to listen to when your team isn't playing well. When your winning it is much easier to ignore his b/s.

Robert Walls with Port. Always loves to bag us.

I remember once back in the late eighties, in Sydney, watching the news on 10. Rex Mossop was doing the 'sport', he got to the Aussie rules and Mossop said something like, "no I'm not doing it, I hate Aussie rules, hate the Swans, really hate the Swans, stuff em". This was a live read of the sport's news, so yeah, Mossop didn't like us much.................prick.

Ha! The Moose.

I vaguely remember that, or at least the kerfuffle that surely followed. Mossop was a complete fckwit redneck rugby (league/union) mysogynist bigoted ****. Who loved Manly.

One of the funniest Mossop "moments" was on some talk show some years after his heyday when he was introduced to Julian Clary, at the height of Clary's fame in the late 80s, I think. Clary was way too smart for the Moose, kept baiting and winding him up.

Mossop wanted to kill him ... on air.

Dunno about commentators, usually they are ok - the entire footy show panel, however, don't give us any respect at all. Gets pretty annoying, but I suppose most media personalities from the eastern states don't really give a shit about us.

Hutchy vs Freo? Haha, seemed to dislike them even through their great start to the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this the one where the Crows were gifted dodgy free kick and 50 after dodgy free kick and 50 to get over the line against the Lions in one of the worst displays of umpiring ever that I'm sure was AFL instructed to help sink the boots into Fitzroy even further.

Dwayne ****ing Russel has never said a positive thing about the Melbourne Football Club in his life, unless its "I positively hate the Melbourne Football Club".

He despises us and, in turn, we despise him. Knob of the highest order.

Walls is just an idiot. Always focuses on the winning team, so if your team's losing, he gives you nothing, and of course when your team's losing, you're grumpy and notice stuff like that! Dwayne Russell is the same. Rubbish commentators.

For the Swans, BT hates us, and particularly Mike Pyke. Quartermain ignores us with a passion. Whateley doesn't give us much and comes across as very dismissive (and a dweeb at that).

On the flipside, Mike Sheehan is one of the best at giving the Swans equal air-time in the Vic media. It's a shame he comes out with so much rubbish though.

Robert Walls
Jason Dunstall
Mark Ricciuto
Alistair Lynch
Glen Jakovich
David Schwarze
Sam Newman (Listen to the Triple M call of the 04' GF)

All dislike Port Adelaide.

Quartermain and Dwayne when it comes to Carlton.
I have a feeling Michael Christian is not a fan either.

Is this the one where the Crows were gifted dodgy free kick and 50 after dodgy free kick and 50 to get over the line against the Lions in one of the worst displays of umpiring ever that I'm sure was AFL instructed to help sink the boots into Fitzroy even further.

there was one dodgy 50, but all the frees were there given it was all but hailing and the frees were paid for holding the man and over the shoulder. There was nothing terrible about the umpiring bar the fact it went against the grain of how we normally get frees.

Still it didn't stop and ex Hawthorn & a ex Carlton/Collingwood star whine like 5yo girls

Robert Walls hates us, but I get the feeling he hates most clubs (bar Carlton).
Quatermain is another, but he is a real moron who has never been involved with the game at any level, so you take his opinion with a grain of salt.

Robert Walls hates us, but I get the feeling he hates most clubs (bar Carlton).

Carlton and Brisbane because, after all, he was the one who created that Brisbane list and is really the one who should receive all of the credit for 2000-2003.

He keeps an especially dark place set aside for Adelaide and Essendon though - not sure why Essendon, possibly something to do with Sheedy, but for Adelaide because an absolute spanking of Richmond at our hands ended his coaching career.

Robert Walls
Jason Dunstall
Mark Ricciuto
Alistair Lynch
Glen Jakovich
David Schwarze
Sam Newman (Listen to the Triple M call of the 04' GF)

All dislike Port Adelaide.

agreed, and brian taylor aswell, didnt know about newman though, i wish we got the friday night commentry team more than once a year

Remove this Banner Ad

Media personality bias registry

Remove this Banner Ad

Back