News Media Thread, 2023: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think this would become a fairly standard thing for all clubs, and payed for by the AFL or the clubs. In the scheme of things it doesn't seem all that expensive to fund

The thing that worries me a bit is if they're not getting issues from concussions until well after they retire (and safe to say that most footballers cannot afford that $6k insurance per year after they hang up the boots) then where will they be left then?

The thing that worries me a bit is if they're not getting issues from concussions until well after they retire (and safe to say that most footballers cannot afford that $6k insurance per year after they hang up the boots) then where will they be left then?

Very good point. I only thought about them being covered through their playing days but you're right about after careers end.

Hats off to Kenny, going hard at the media for JHF treatment, like what he did or not he's only a very young kid and Ken really giving it to the talking heads is a good look I recon.

Whether Kenny has done the right thing is debatable … he has stuck up for his player but painted a target on him for the rest of the mob to go at for the foreseeable future…

Oh, and he isn’t a young kid… he is a legal adult earning good coin. He is fare game or does he need Auskick rules for him only.

Last edited:
This thread should be fun this week
Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wowee, someone actually had the balls to highlight it...I'll be damned!!!

Reading Suma’s player reviews in The West really gives an insight to why he never got a head coaching role at AFL level.
Can't stand him these days, he is just a bitter old you know what who has burnt bridges at both clubs.

Was on sportfm this morning and they made mention of the efforts of Allen & Waterman, Suma just comes back with yeh that's great but <insert negative drivel here, can't remember exactly because I tuned out from that point>

Had to turn it off shortly after...

Nice to finally get some word from the club regarding just that they know what is going on.
Still pretty thread bare on solutions though.

West Coast Eagles to lobby AFL for an extra home game to make up for being interstate during Gather Round​

Craig O'DonoghueThe West Australian
Mon, 17 April 2023 6:06PM

West Coast will lobby the AFL for an extra home game as compensation for the permanent decision to add Gather Round to fixture, saying they shouldn’t be expected to carry the burden of another flight across the country.

The AFL has confirmed Gather Round will be played in South Australia until 2026, giving both the Eagles and Fremantle even more travel than usual.

West Coast will cover almost 60,000km in the air this season with five trips to Melbourne, three to Adelaide, one to Launceston, one to Brisbane and one to Sydney. Their total distance travelled is more than the combined tally of Collingwood, Carlton and Richmond.

Watched on the couch, brown saying melbourne were probably flat against the dons because they had to play in Perth the week before 😂😂😂
Listening to brown commentary last week made me feel sorry for him. He genuinely sounds like a blokes who’s had far too many head knocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back