Racing Melbourne Cup 2017

Your choice for the cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lasqueti Spirit ran 3rd in the Oaks. Im talking about real racing obviously.

Decent horse no doubt but she isn't anything special. Beat Abbey Marie a long neck first up, then ran a similar race to Hartnell last time who most were disappointed with the run of

3rd favourite for the Cup is gross unders

Pretty hard task master their Jug - wouldn't be too many older horses in the country going better at the moment.

And people aren't saying Hartnell went that bad - they are saying the riding instructions were about as effective as trying to stop a guy holed up on the 32nd floor of a hotel with 15 automatic rifles with a handgun from 200m away.

Admittedly it doesn't match up to getting beat 6 lengths by Marmelo in France :p

Did someone say side bet?

biDFHU0.gif

The full list of horses in quarantine:
https://www.racing.com/news/2017-09-30/raiders-arrive-for-spring-plunder

Given that, it looks like Travelling Man isn't coming.

It's always hard to get a line on the internationals but both Marmelo and Tiberian have come up against Talismanic in recent runs. Tiberian's beaten him twice. Marmelo was beaten by him. Make of that what you like.

The full list of horses in quarantine:
https://www.racing.com/news/2017-09-30/raiders-arrive-for-spring-plunder

Given that, it looks like Travelling Man isn't coming.

It's always hard to get a line on the internationals but both Marmelo and Tiberian have come up against Talismanic in recent runs. Tiberian's beaten him twice. Marmelo was beaten by him. Make of that what you like.

On the European ratings there isn't much between the two of them - my gut feel is more upside to Marmelo but who knows.

I'm still not overly enthused by Bonneval either. Boxed finish and leaders plodded on ok after serving it up 1000 out beaten about 2L and one was single gaze who's well and truly exposed as G2 off season horse. Only way Bonneval lines up is wins the CC and re-weighted with a 2kg swing against Single Gaze on that run alone.

Yes I just compared Bonneval to an off season G2 horse.

Yes I just compared Bonneval to an off season G2 horse.

Should be a strong chance in next years Doncaster then. ;)

I'll go with Liefz lazy one form line analysis and say she just smashed multiple G1 winner Black Heart Bart by 2 lengths.

Who is going better outside Winx and Humidor? Happy Clapper?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be a strong chance in next years Doncaster then. ;)

I'll go with Liefz lazy one form line analysis and say she just smashed multiple G1 winner Black Heart Bart by 2 lengths.

Who is going better outside Winx and Humidor? Happy Clapper?

I'm sorry I forgot you rated It's somewhat that highly.

We are still in early October so much more to play out and I was just saying Bonnevals win was good but still question marks as to how good. A lot of favours and small margins then has to deal with negative weight swings and 2 miles.

I'm sorry I forgot you rated It's somewhat that highly.

We are still in early October so much more to play out and I was just saying Bonnevals win was good but still question marks as to how good. A lot of favours and small margins then has to deal with negative weight swings and 2 miles.

So you agree - not many going better at the moment - good man :thumbsu:

Almandin and Harlem going better. Jon Snow building nicely. Few others too.

Concede Alamandin

The others

:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$:$

Jon Snow fell in against Ecuador on an epically biased track the start after being beaten easily by the same Bonneval dealt with handily on Saturday - good to see Liefzanity has returned for the Spring!

Harlem has also looked impressive against Lavazza Long Lack horses.

Flop from Almandin effected market abit
Amelie’s Star into 2nd fav
Red Cardinal, Marmelo, Francis of Assisi slightly shorter

You guys righting him off based off that??

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing Melbourne Cup 2017

Back