Racing Melbourne Cup 2017

Your choice for the cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What's wrong with Tom Berry? I've never had much of an issue with him.

In the The Everest I wouldn't mind - in a 24 horse race around 3200m Flemington you can have him all day.

See Tres Blue ride in 2013 as an example

In the The Everest I wouldn't mind - in a 24 horse race around 3200m Flemington you can have him all day.

See Tres Blue ride in 2013 as an example

Every jockey has probably had a bad ride or two though Paris even Bowman

Every jockey has probably had a bad ride or two though Paris even Bowman

Cox Plate Day 2016 when Bowman rode that Lady Le Fay hotpot on the rails in the slop in that Group 3 mares race. I vomited for approx 2.5 hours until he redeemed himself.

EDIT: In b4 not sure if shit ride or used as penetrometer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Late to the party this year but the first thing that strikes me about the market is that the top two Almandin and Amelie's Star look poor value. Almandin right up against it now that the handicapper has had his say and Amelie's Star surely a doubtful stayer on pedigree.

Late to the party this year but the first thing that strikes me about the market is that the top two Almandin and Amelie's Star look poor value. Almandin right up against it now that the handicapper has had his say and Amelie's Star surely a doubtful stayer on pedigree.

Regarding Amelie’s Star, you’re right, but maybe throwing to the Zabeel side? Certainly still a question though.

I wouldn’t be putting a line through Almandin just yet although the last effort did dampen enthusiasm.

I’m surprised that Admire Deus is still $14. Will eat the 2 miles.

Your thoughts on the Euros this year?

Regarding Amelie’s Star, you’re right, but maybe throwing to the Zabeel side? Certainly still a question though.

I wouldn’t be putting a line through Almandin just yet although the last effort did dampen enthusiasm.

I’m surprised that Admire Deus is still $14. Will eat the 2 miles.

Your thoughts on the Euros this year?

Yeah the Zabeel line gives hope doesn't it? Also the Racing Post's Pricewise put the horse up this year. The dosage index of 2.33 does worry me though for stamina. Last year for example the horses with 2.33+ were Almoonqith (6th), Jameka (15th), Secret Number (21st), Curren Mirotic (23rd) and Rose of Virginia (24th). Obvs a very small sample but I would expect similar for most previous years.

Of the Euros I think Rekindling and Marmelo would be my preferred two at this stage, but I possibly prefer Ventura Storm the most of all the runners at the current prices - to be fair nothing is grabbing me this year like it did last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Racing Melbourne Cup 2017

Back