Preview Melbourne Demons v Brisbane Lions Semi Final (Friday 9 September 7:50PM @MCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should be incredibly proud of what he has accomplished and how he turned his life around for himself and his family.

And as much of a cult hero and great servant he is, he is not Michael Voss, Simon Black, Jonathan Brown or Alastair Lynch.

And he’s clearly done. It’s September. No place for sentiment

Empathy yes , sentiment no.

Love ya Mitch.

Hopefully the club can organise something early next year to give him the send off he so richly deserves.

Feel for Robbo that he’s not in this weeks team and didn’t get his proper fair well last week. Bit ordinary on Fagan’s behalf. He may not be quite what he used to but he’s certainly played a role in the Lions going from cellar dwellers to a top team over the last six years.
I think Fagans objective is to pick the team most likely to win the game.

Initially thought it was crazy to leave Matho out as he was a genuine big body in there to combat the likes of Oliver, Petracca et al. However, after thinking about it, l like the strategy of getting speed and defensive pressure in there to combat them and try something new. However, still think there needs to be at least 1 big body in there, whether it be Berry, Dev or Rayner.

This probably should be on last weeks thread but....slight derail, you'll understand why.

Every one of you must watch tonights The Front Bar on Ch7....absolutely priceless. I clapped at the tv, laughing my head off!

Was brilliantly done....Maher and Pang, both Carlton fans were "sympathising" with Malloy, Richmond....and they kept at it. Right from the very start of the show.

...oh and Lethal Leigh is on it too.

Go Lions:tongueoutv1:

I still would like matho left in , least he gives us grunt

I understand this POV but it almost certainly came down to a choice between Ah Chee and Matho for that last spot in the side.

Very tough on Matho but the reality is that Cal offers more flexibility in most parts of the ground.

I think they probably agonised over this before opting for Cal over Beast.

Let's just hope this decision isn't a game breaker.

In reality, it probably isn't

Feel for Robbo that he’s not in this weeks team and didn’t get his proper fair well last week. Bit ordinary on Fagan’s behalf. He may not be quite what he used to but he’s certainly played a role in the Lions going from cellar dwellers to a top team over the last six years.
How do you know that not having a farewell was Fagan's decision?

I completely forgot that he had had the year off with an ACL - what is stranger to me is that Hipwood and Rayner had a lot of leeway due to their coming-back-from-an-ACL-ness yet if anyone gave the same for Answerth I completely missed it ... maybe because being in defense his not-as-goodnesses were more obvious or perhaps because folks were more interested in getting his replacement in.

Hope he does well.
He didn't do an ACL he had a serious issue with his groin.

Now that the game is telecast with so many camera angles, seems to me that the mistakes by the backs are scrutinized heavily by fans. Andrews, Payne, Adams and Gardiner have frequently been criticised during the year. I myself have questioned Gardiners inclusion the past few weeks but hope they all play their best games tomorrow night

has crazy fages been reading bigfooty?

hes given the fans what they want!

except lester!

The only person on here who I know for sure isn't Fages is BRAB. Otherwise Bastinac would never have been delisted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's what I thought, giving the VFL team a huge opportunity particulaly if whoever our sub is , also gets to play. VFL GF against the Suns would be awesome.

Dont mind the ins and outs either - thought you could make an argumnet to keep Prior in and play Lester - surely one of them plays as sub.
I think the sub can play VFL if not exhausted.

Love the side. This is a massive gamble as it should be. If we win this, we go on to the win the flag because belief will no longer be a problem. If we get smashed again by doing what needs to be done, well this group is done and we have to then wait until the mini-rebuild is ready in 2-3 years.

Gadzorks R U OK?

Thanks for asking. In my head I know it's the end and it makes sense.

But my heart is sad. Wanted the fairytale end.

You opened this door -

Both on and off field robbo has worked his arse off. Fantastic role model, how to grow up and accept responsibility, get the most out of yourself, how, work on a long term plan and even how to be a dad and husband. He posts some great stuff with his kids, his new baby and his wife.

And this is the big one - talks openly about mental health struggles, talking to a psychologist and finding ways of managing his ADHD and difficult times.

I'm happy there are men out there that open their lives and show young men you can be a tough footballer, but still a decent human. If one young man struggling thinks Mitch Robbo saw someone to help, I can do the same than that's bloody wonderful. And if it's more, it's even better.

That's why I like matho as well. And Cam - that video from last year's final loss was so powerful. Tough footballers can cry and cuddle. And not just when they are exhausted on the field. And It's ok.

So proud of our club no dickhead culture and hope it never changes.

Apologies if anyone else has mentioned it, but we’re going in with two back flankers on the bench, does anyone believe there’s a possibility that we throw Starcevich in to the midfield tomorrow night?

Or is it Answerth to a wing?

Thanks for asking. In my head I know it's the end and it makes sense.

But my heart is sad. Wanted the fairytale end.

You opened this door -

Both on and off field robbo has worked his arse off. Fantastic role model, how to grow up and accept responsibility, get the most out of yourself, how, work on a long term plan and even how to be a dad and husband. He posts some great stuff with his kids, his new baby and his wife.

And this is the big one - talks openly about mental health struggles, talking to a psychologist and finding ways of managing his ADHD and difficult times.

I'm happy there are men out there that open their lives and show young men you can be a tough footballer, but still a decent human. If one young man struggling thinks Mitch Robbo saw someone to help, I can do the same than that's bloody wonderful. And if it's more, it's even better.

That's why I like matho as well. And Cam - that video from last year's final loss was so powerful. Tough footballers can cry and cuddle. And not just when they are exhausted on the field. And It's ok.

So proud of our club no dickhead culture and hope it never changes.

Love it. Great post. :D

I'm not a big wrap for Answerth in defence if he's doing anything other than purely defending. He's a junkyard dog with not a lot of finesse who tries his guts out. Maybe being played on a wing he'll keep going and throw them out a bit if he gets close enough to apply physical pressure. He will keep going.

Fort's got little hope of being competitive Gawn hitout wise but what he can do is keep barelling in and trying to grind Gawn down.

Gawn thumping Fort in hitouts doesn’t have to be a bad thing if we plan for it. Was it the Collingwood/Zac Bailey game last year where Oscar was out injured, and we lost like every single hitout but ended up winning centre clearances because we just spent the week reading Grundy’s ruckwork?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back