Melbourne interested in Angelo Lekkas

Remove this Banner Ad

Plugga said:
:confused:

Why would Melbourne be interested in Lekkas, when they are yet to sign Cameron Bruce...seems to me that they have their priorities wrong. Doesn't Melbourne already have a "has-been" midfielder in Heffernan?

Maybe they want to swap Bruce for Lekkas? If only that was true. :)

mjm28 said:
Maybe they want to swap Bruce for Lekkas? If only that was true. :)

This I would be hapy with.....perhaps though the Hawks could throw in either Steven Greene or Tim Clarke or even 2nd round pick to keep the Dees Happy.

Bruce or T. Johnstone would be great aquasitions to the Hawks

junior27 said:
This I would be hapy with.....perhaps though the Hawks could throw in either Steven Greene or Tim Clarke or even 2nd round pick to keep the Dees Happy.

Bruce or T. Johnstone would be great aquasitions to the Hawks

oh dear god....someone please take Greene & Clarke away from Glenferrie!

i'd even trade them for a pie with sauce.

chimphawk28 said:
oh dear god....someone please take Greene & Clarke away from Glenferrie!

i'd even trade them for a pie with sauce.
The pie would be paying over the odds for that dynamic duo.

I'd settle for the tomato sauce sachet. :cool:

You're all fairly close to the mark.
As I've been told by Melbourne official, this is the scenario atm:
Bruce has told Melb he wont stay, regardless. The Hawks have offered Lekkas and Clarke for Bruce and a 2nd round pick.
Hawthorn has also mooted Lekkas and Greene for TJ and pick 2, hoping they will then pick up Bruce in PSD if another deal involving him with Richmond falls through.

Sounds convoluted? The first is Melb's preferred deal since Bruce is def. going, but they are wanting Greene instead of Clarke.

Sundog said:
Bruce has told Melb he wont stay, regardless. The Hawks have offered Lekkas and Clarke for Bruce and a 2nd round pick.
Hawthorn has also mooted Lekkas and Greene for TJ and pick 2, hoping they will then pick up Bruce in PSD if another deal involving him with Richmond falls through.

Sounds convoluted? The first is Melb's preferred deal since Bruce is def. going, but they are wanting Greene instead of Clarke.
Lekkas + Clarke/Greene for Bruce would be the steal of the century.

Don't want that Bongstoned rubbish near Hawthorn though. Most overrated player in the league.

Where do I sign for the Bruce deal??? quickly..........before they realise we just screwed them over!

Seriously we would have to offer more than Lekkas, Clarke/Greene to get anything done! Pick 21 , Lekkas and ???? and then some...

still , would love to get Bruce!

confused by the proposal?

Lekkas, Clarke for Bruce and a 2nd rounder? Clarke is worth 0. Lekkas for Bruce and a 2nd rounder?
Then Lekkas, Greene and Johnstone and who's 2nd pick?

None of those makes any sense. Sounds like you're making it up as you go mate.

Sundog said:

Craig Cameron (our new football operations manager) has just dismissed this as 'rubbish' on Demonland. So there ya go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sundog said:

And then you wake up.

Sundog said:

I have read some crap on Bigfooty over the years, but this really takes out the prize. And a 2nd round pick. AND A 2ND ROUND PICK? We will not take your crap off your hands for our gun players. Why don't you get back to school, and stop wasting time with this ********. I'm sure this Melbourne official spoke off the record, and couldn't POSSIBLY be named, no, of course not. Because he doesn't exist. The entire scenario is a construction of your foolish, immature mind. The mods should ban trolls like you.

dees_best said:
IMO we will want more than Zanners, Melbourne would much prefer Shannon Watt.

Sounds good to me, wouldn't mind getting Lamb as well either, whether it be in the same deal or a different one.

Tim56 said:
I have read some crap on Bigfooty over the years, but this really takes out the prize. And a 2nd round pick. AND A 2ND ROUND PICK? We will not take your crap off your hands for our gun players. Why don't you get back to school, and stop wasting time with this ********. I'm sure this Melbourne official spoke off the record, and couldn't POSSIBLY be named, no, of course not. Because he doesn't exist. The entire scenario is a construction of your foolish, immature mind. The mods should ban trolls like you.

easy tiger, its just a thread, dont take it to seriousley,
if it happens it happens, if it doesnt, good on bruce and melbourne.
now tell your story walking pal.

lamby29 said:
Craig Cameron (our new football operations manager) has just dismissed this as 'rubbish' on Demonland. So there ya go.

Fine. Firstly, to the folk bagging me because Melbourne would 'lose' on this particular deal - Yes they would! To an outsider like myself (neither Dee nor hawk) it's a stupid deal, BUT Melb is looking at it rather than lose Bruce in PSD.

Secondly, my source is one of the Melb coaching staff. He has been told by Bruce (as have others in coaching dept) that he is definitely going.

Personally I didn't trust it myself and thought he was having a lend of an old mate when he told me but if Bruce is "definitely going" then it makes some sense.

Heigh-ho to Mad Monday, Oct 4! ;)

dipper86 said:
easy tiger, its just a thread, dont take it to seriousley,
if it happens it happens, if it doesnt, good on bruce and melbourne.

At least someone has sense. Look mate (Tim 56), if I'm given some news from a source inside a club, i'll pass it on. It doesn't necessarily mean it'll happen, because there's lots of deals that come in the way of any one deal.

If you don't like it, feel free to dismiss it or challenge it. Don't show your own immaturity and insecurity by abusing the poster. I told you, I have been told this by a coaching staff member. Maybe he was having a lend. Maybe he wanted to start a rumour for the hell of it. Maybe, maybe, maybe. I'm passing on what an inside source told me.

O.K Melbourne fans!

What would you see as a reasonable trade for Bruce if he wanted to be traded to the Hawks???

Lekkas , Greene and Pick 21??

what are you after?

Sundog said:
Fine. Firstly, to the folk bagging me because Melbourne would 'lose' on this particular deal - Yes they would! To an outsider like myself (neither Dee nor hawk) it's a stupid deal, BUT Melb is looking at it rather than lose Bruce in PSD.

Secondly, my source is one of the Melb coaching staff. He has been told by Bruce (as have others in coaching dept) that he is definitely going.

Personally I didn't trust it myself and thought he was having a lend of an old mate when he told me but if Bruce is "definitely going" then it makes some sense.

Heigh-ho to Mad Monday, Oct 4! ;)

What you say may be true, I have no idea but I think the club would be able to get more than those players suggested, considering that they will probably be delisted anyway if no trade can be found. Bruce is a quality player that almost every team in the comp would have a go at getting if it became reality that he was leaving.
Another point would be that now the AFL has accepted our bid for financial support I doubt if we would be unable to afford to re-sign him, which means we won't be forced into leting him go which means if we did decide to trade him our position would be alot stronger and we wouldn't have to accept the first offer (not that we would anyway).
Bruce is a quality player, only a quality player in return would work.

Hawk71 said:
O.K Melbourne fans!

What would you see as a reasonable trade for Bruce if he wanted to be traded to the Hawks???

Lekkas , Greene and Pick 21??

what are you after?

Forget your hacks, we would want a player that would be an automatic selection every week like Bruce is now. One of your top 10 players at the very least.

Demonheart said:
Forget your hacks, we would want a player that would be an automatic selection every week like Bruce is now. One of your top 10 players at the very least.

You can't afford to pay Bruce because of salary cap issues , so what make's you think you could afford to pay another player that would be in the Top 10 at another club? Realistically Melbourne would be trying to free up salary cap space , so I would think they'd be taking on draft picks and players that wouldn't eat up their salary. Like woewodin a couple of years back.

Hawk71 said:
You can't afford to pay Bruce because of salary cap issues , so what make's you think you could afford to pay another player that would be in the Top 10 at another club? Realistically Melbourne would be trying to free up salary cap space , so I would think they'd be taking on draft picks and players that wouldn't eat up their salary. Like woewodin a couple of years back.

Very good call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne interested in Angelo Lekkas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back