Melbourne v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering we are improving by half a quarter per game of intense football, I'd say Melbourne have a shot.

If we play 3 and a 1/2 quarters of solid football I'm not sure the Doggies have the fire power to blow us away in half a quarter :p

Don't mistake your improvement with the other side playing like shit. Richmond were terrible outside of the 3rd quarter.

Don't mistake your improvement with the other side playing like shit. Richmond were terrible outside of the 3rd quarter.

Then don't mistake Richmond's third quarter with them playing well.

We played the worst quarter known to man kind.

:rolleyes:

Yes, GAGF.

Think the Dees will lift for the Jim Stynes tribute match and get the win.

Think there is a much bigger upside in Melbourne then the Bulldogs, whose list looks stale and decrepit.

Brenden McCartney has bought nothing positive to offer for the Dogs, whereas Neeld is implementing a new, more accountable game style and is blooding more youth.

Think the Dees will lift for the Jim Stynes tribute match and get the win.

Think there is a much bigger upside in Melbourne then the Bulldogs, whose list looks stale and decrepit.

Brenden McCartney has bought nothing positive to offer for the Dogs, whereas Neeld is implementing a new, more accountable game style and is blooding more youth.

if anything it's the dogs who are doing this...

if anything it's the dogs who are doing this...

dw he is just has a chip on his shoulder because some dogs supporters derailed/backfired his shit threads in bay 13 and now he tries his best to post something negative about the dogs at every possible opportunity.

dw he is just has a chip on his shoulder because some dogs supporters derailed/backfired his shit threads in bay 13 and now he tries his best to post something negative about the dogs at every possible opportunity.

Ah ok. Never seen him before.

You have got it all backwards mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah ok. Never seen him before.

He is also the well-known celtic pride. Who jumped off Geelong at the turn of the century to support Carlton. The rest, as they say, is history.

We should also consider that Brian Lake will most likely to be suspended and I don't see how the Dogs have a decent match up for Mitch Clark.

Hope Neeld plays Jack Watts further up the ground as another forward target.

As long as McCartney continues to play scrubbers like Addison, Cross and Gia, I won't tip them at all...
I know they haven't had the picks like Melbourne, but the Dogs drafting in the last 5 years has been ordinary.

Why isn't Wallis getting a game ??? Seems wasted playing in the VFL ...

This weekend was the first truly dominant game Wallis has ever played in the VFL.

I think you are still a bit hurt that the Dogs showed Carlton up as pretenders last year.

This weekend was the first truly dominant game Wallis has ever played in the VFL.

I think you are still a bit hurt that the Dogs showed Carlton up as pretenders last year.

And Geelong got shown up by Essendon last year, it means nothing.

Anyhow Rodney Eade coached that day, he is gone now, replaced by someone who is tactially naive and has no idea to set up a cohesive forward structure (McCartney)

I don't think it is unfair to say that if Mitch Clark kicks 5 goals plus next week (a distinct possibility) the Demons win.

Least the Dees fans know where their club is at, most of the Dogs fans on BF seem to have their head in the sand.

Where was it in round one, a few days after he died?

The defence was that they were in shock, but I don't know what yesterdays excuse was.

Anyway, hopefully Markovic on Clark throws us an edge, not that I'm hopeful.....

We should also consider that Brian Lake will most likely to be suspended and I don't see how the Dogs have a decent match up for Mitch Clark.

Hope Neeld plays Jack Watts further up the ground as another forward target.

As long as McCartney continues to play scrubbers like Addison, Cross and Gia, I won't tip them at all...
I know they haven't had the picks like Melbourne, but the Dogs drafting in the last 5 years has been ordinary.

Why isn't Wallis getting a game ??? Seems wasted playing in the VFL ...

Our recruiting from 2008 to now has been pretty good, actually. Our recruiting from around 2002-2007 is what has screwed our list balance up.

Markovic will take Clark, and if he stays close to goal I reckon he will do a pretty good job. If Clark pushes up a bit higher, that's where he can beat Marko. But even then, I don't think it's a huge mismatch. I'd back in Markovic to do the job.

I'll admit I'm maybe selling the Dogs short (but despite my Bay 13 jibes I have no vendetta against the club) but I still believe truly that Melbourne right now have bigger scope for improvement then the Dogs, they competed with the Lions and Tigers for a half then fell away.

In my opinon, the Demons current form woes are more psychological then any so called lack of 'talent/ability'..

The Liam Jurrah pre-season scandal, plus the passing of Jim Stynes, who wasn't just a great president but would have been a mentor and inspiration to most of the young Dees players would have knocked them around a Fair bit.

All the bad press and media baggage piled on them in the last few weeks wouldn't help the Dees cause either.

Under the circumstances I can understand why the Dees have been playing so poorly, I was shocked by how poor the Dogs played against the Saints, after they played fairly well against the Crows.

End of the day no one knows for certain what will happen next week, but I do hope the Demons can lift for the memory Stynes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne v Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back