News Melbourne's Next Coach - Roos for 2-3 years with a succession plan

WHO DO YOU WANT?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, Brissie - imagine if they're stuck with a rookie coach.

Although I'd say both clubs will keep pestering him as he continues to say 'never say never'.

Only thing funnier is if they end up with Neeld. Wouldn't Beamer love that!

Why would choco leave richmond as a development coach for a job at melb as one. He has history with dimma and lade btw

Because we do a mean buffet. I don't think we'd even have to pay him; I think he'd come for an apartment above a Pizza Hut.

I'm pretty sure he d take the senior gig if offered though, we hope not , can see him being on the short list for sure

Absolutely, essentially we have our pipe dream, Roos, if not, it's a matter of choosing the best fit for us between Eade and Williams, and I imagine either would take the job if offered.

Heard a good point during the call about Melbourne's gameplan..

We all know that we cannot hit targets and do not have a good aerobic base, so Craigy's idea of switching and going backwards is certainly not doing us any favours. We all spread behind the guy with the ball, running 50 meters to create an option. Meanwhile up forward there is no next option, so we then breakdown and turn the ball over. We waste so much effort going backwards, when we can look at hitting up short options in better poition.

I still think that Baileys gameplan had us playing our best footy and i think Eade is also using a similar philosphy at the pies.. He is the one i think is best suited, even ahead of Roosey at this point.

It may sound weird, but I don't think we are in as poor a position as some think. Don't get me wrong, it's one of, if not the darkest period of our clubs history, but with an experienced coach such as Eade or Williams (preferably Williams because he actually won a flag) I think the simple things such as presence will have a big part on us moving forward. In training I feel, disposal use will be the number one priority. Craigs been sounding like a broken record of late and rightfully so, we're just making too many unforced errors, not because we're genuinely lazy or because of structure, just because some of our players can't use the footy. Cutting out these errors shouldn't be too hard, and building confidence, shouldn't be too hard if we are to bring a Premiership coach who the players know has done it before and genuinely buy into their gameplan. It sounds pathetic that this could make a difference, but the reality is we're a pretty pathetic club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the attractive proposition you could call it that, is the only way is up...a small improvement will yield a handful of wins and make the new guy look pretty good early on . I'm certain you will get a decent coach

Not thinking we can get any worse is just lack of imagination.

Not thinking we can get any worse is just lack of imagination.

It would be so Melbourne to say ok I know we said that we were going to get an experienced coach but we've decided this untried assistant coach is the bees knees... 2 years later - Dear AFL, ok so we were wrong again, can we have some more money? Kind Regards, <Insert President's Name Here>.

Eade for his attacking game that will stop the players from killing themselves, Ratten for assistant with a chance to take over eventually because he was a great coach for us and underrated at Carlton.

Eade for his attacking game that will stop the players from killing themselves, Ratten for assistant with a chance to take over eventually because he was a great coach for us and underrated at Carlton.

I liked Ratts, but not sure he will come back..

The thing i like about Eade is his stability. Recon Choco has a bit more x-factor and could potentially take us far, but if things don't turn immediately i am not too sure he has the staying power.

Eade is the guy we should have got last time instead on Neeld!

I liked Ratts, but not sure he will come back..

The thing i like about Eade is his stability. Recon Choco has a bit more x-factor and could potentially take us far, but if things don't turn immediately i am not too sure he has the staying power.

Eade is the guy we should have got last time instead on Neeld!

And Sheedy is the guy we should've got instead of Bailey.

I wasn't a fan of Sheedy, but after hearing all the hard work he's done coaching and selling GWS and also bomber Thompson on afl360 saying last night what a wonderful job he did at essendon coaching, marketing, selling the club it's sad to think we'd probably be entrenched in the 8 with 50,000 members by now.

Interesting read re Mickey O'Loughlin - says he's keen to coach one day, but is glowing in his praise of Chris Johnson...might be a good option as an assistant:

O'Loughlin put forward one of his All Stars assistant coaches, Chris Johnson, as a name Brisbane and Melbourne should consider for their coaching panels.
"If I was at a club I'd definitely be speaking to Chris. I think he's outstanding at what he does," O'Loughlin said.
"He's an outstanding individual and one that a club should absolutely consider. I've got no reservations that he could do the job.
"He'd be one of the first blokes I'd be asking. Getting to know him over the past four years, he certainly knows his stuff inside and out."
Johnson, a defender in Brisbane's 2001-03 premierships, was the Lions' development coach in 2008 and an assistant coach under Michael Voss before turning his attention to coaching the Indigenous All Stars, the AIS and indigenous youth teams.
"I'm enjoying the development stuff that I'm doing with the AFL, and maybe two or three years ago I wouldn't have been interested (in returning to club coaching)," Johnson said.
"But I'm watching three or four AFL matches a weekend and I've got that passion to be involved in coaching football. I wouldn't say no to being involved at a club again, as an assistant, in a development role."
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/mi...ck-with-ais-work/story-fnelctok-1226700146634

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back