News Melbourne's Next Coach - Roos for 2-3 years with a succession plan

WHO DO YOU WANT?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Sheedy is the guy we should've got instead of Bailey.

I wasn't a fan of Sheedy, but after hearing all the hard work he's done coaching and selling GWS and also bomber Thompson on afl360 saying last night what a wonderful job he did at essendon coaching, marketing, selling the club it's sad to think we'd probably be entrenched in the 8 with 50,000 members by now.

As much as i dislike the old drunk he would have had the voice to put CS and Co in thier place. Who knows if he would be any good for game day coaching but he could have fixed alot of the culture/admin issues.

As much as i dislike the old drunk he would have had the voice to put CS and Co in thier place. Who knows if he would be any good for game day coaching but he could have fixed alot of the culture/admin issues.

Yep sadly agree mate

Someone on facebook is reporting that a Sydney Swans supporter forum is claiming that: "Paul Roos has reportedly told the Swans Academy he won't be there next year." Was said to have been mentioned at an 'official function'. Obviously, we have to take that with a grain of salt. But if true, he may be on the road to coach the Lions. Or us!

Who do you want?

I think the Melbourne could do a lot worse than offer the job to Central Districts Coach Roy Laird who has won something like ten premierships in the last 13 years (roughly) in the very strong SANFL.

He has a proven track record of success. Hopefully he would bring a culture of success with him and has worked with Clarkson previously when he was in charge of Centrals.

Roughie I know but well worth a look I reckon.

I think the Melbourne could do a lot worse than offer the job to Central Districts Coach Roy Laird who has won something like ten premierships in the last 13 years (roughly) in the very strong SANFL.

He has a proven track record of success. Hopefully he would bring a culture of success with him and has worked with Clarkson previously when he was in charge of Centrals.

We cannot afford to go with an inexperienced coach

Mark Neeld was a triple premiership coach in the bush and a premiership assistant of the best midfield at the time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We cannot afford to go with an inexperienced coach
He's had over a decade of senior coaching experience in the SANFL, he's anything but inexperienced.

Or is this a case of wanting the tried and tested mediocre person over the unknown? Isn't that why people on bigfooty want to keep their high draft picks instead of trading for known quantities?

He's had over a decade of senior coaching experience in the SANFL, he's anything but inexperienced.

Or is this a case of wanting the tried and tested mediocre person over the unknown? Isn't that why people on bigfooty want to keep their high draft picks instead of trading for known quantities?

We need an AFL experienced coach. The SANFL is a very different place to the AFL as are all the other leagues...I wouldn't say Mark Williams or Eade are mediocre, both has has varying success at AFL level.

We aren't just talking about coaching here. The club needs a cultural rebuild as a high priority. Would you trust that to an inexperienced coach?

We aren't just talking about coaching here. The club needs a cultural rebuild as a high priority. Would you trust that to an inexperienced coach?
I think this is a very fair point you make, just worrying about overestimating what the coach can do. Neeld clearly showed his intention and desire to build Melbourne into a tough competitive unit, and couldn't. For all of Neeld's critics on here I don't think you'll argue that he really cared and wanted to create that stronger culture at Melbourne, but it takes wider buy-in.

As Striker said, it's a matter of getting a coach who commands respect

Someone who has runs on the board (like Choco) and someone who the playing group will listen to

It's a cultural rebuild first and foremost

EDIT: Neeld had the right idea and intentions, but appears who didn't have the runs on the board to walk in an smack a mentally fragile playing group the way he did

That's how I view it anyway

If, for example, we had nabbed Mick Malthouse as coach, he would've had the authority to whack they playing group and they may have listened

How are great football people like Rodney Eade or Mark Williams mediocre? Also we can't risk the unknown at this stage, if we can't get back to even just a mediocre standard in the next 3 years, the club may cease to exist in its current form.

I think this is a very fair point you make, just worrying about overestimating what the coach can do. Neeld clearly showed his intention and desire to build Melbourne into a tough competitive unit, and couldn't. For all of Neeld's critics on here I don't think you'll argue that he really cared and wanted to create that stronger culture at Melbourne, but it takes wider buy-in.

Yeah but look at who we are talking. Choco brought about the idea of 'Port Adelaide Football'. Eade really undertook the cultural change at Sydney in the 90s. Both have a record as such.

Things are just starting to fall into place. As i stated a while ago that Roos will be senior coach assisted by ling and kirk.
On top of my sources Roos has confirmed that he will not be able to coach the sydney swans development side .Also Lynch his best mate has said publicly that Roos wont move to Queesland. Kirk has FINALLY admitted having talks with Melbourne.
Expect some solid info to be dished out very soon.

Things are just starting to fall into place. As i stated a while ago that Roos will be senior coach assisted by ling and kirk.
On top of my sources Roos has confirmed that he will not be able to coach the sydney swans development side .Also Lynch his best mate has said publicly that Roos wont move to Queesland. Kirk has FINALLY admitted having talks with Melbourne.

Where has Roos confirmed he won't be coaching the development side and where has Kirk admitted to talking to us?

Can't find anything in the regular media outlets (or I'm not looking hard enough)

If this is true...

mashelenibenv-borat-approves-meme-generator-i-am-very-excite-8d6743-jpg.jpg

Where did you hear this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back