Membership 2014 - Final Total 66,122

Remove this Banner Ad

I really like Rush 1978-82 era.
Hate dream theatre though lol. I don't like any form of metal or hard rock
can't argue with the Rush comment - that was there peak period (didn't realise there were any other Rush fans in Australia!). Can I ask MT, what do you define as "proper Prog Rock"? Pink Floyd/Yes/(early Genesis)?

Recognize Dream theatre are on the hard rock side of things, and that's a personal taste, but have a listen to "Metropolis Part 2 - Scenes from a memory" for a non-hard rock taste of what they can offer. A classic Prog Rock "concept" album.

In before mods send us to the TAN.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After today's usual sales plus additional sales at the game at punt rd today we may be ahead of hawks by the end of the day. We'll have to wait until Monday to find out though
With only 2500 tickets available and them going to those pretty dedicated to the club, given they will buy a ticket to a warm up game, I'd say most if not all are already members. I wouldn't be expecting any jump from the game today at all.

can't argue with the Rush comment - that was there peak period (didn't realise there were any other Rush fans in Australia!). Can I ask MT, what do you define as "proper Prog Rock"? Pink Floyd/Yes/(early Genesis)?

Recognize Dream theatre are on the hard rock side of things, and that's a personal taste, but have a listen to "Metropolis Part 2 - Scenes from a memory" for a non-hard rock taste of what they can offer. A classic Prog Rock "concept" album.

In before mods send us to the TAN.....

Prog is rock or traditional folk music composed and performed by classical and jazz based musicians. So you will get a good mix of instruments with a rock(mainly blues or rhythm and blues) or folk sound fusioned with and jazz/classical sound. But the melody is mainly jazz/classical based. So it's a busy but catchy style of composition with a nice sound. Guitars are blues or jazz sounding, busy bass lines, lots of different keys, jazz/classical based drumming, quite a lot of wind instruments used too. The compositions are usually classical but occasionally jazz. Prog isn't about going out and inventing styles of music and breaking boundaries. But with this style of music it naturally broke boundaries and was a new style of music. The progressive meaning is the progression of each composition. The best ones never get boring, they actually get better with more listens a lot of the time. That's where the progressive part comes in. Every now and then the bands would try a disco or reggae song etc but it would be made busier with their composing methods. Modern prog is usually all wrong though. It has minimal classical/jazz influence and it has all sorts of average influences eg. metal, punk, hip hop. The sound is all wrong, the melody is non existent. They try to invent a style of music and try to break boundaries literally. It's meant to be naturally :D

With only 2500 tickets available and them going to those pretty dedicated to the club, given they will buy a ticket to a warm up game, I'd say most if not all are already members. I wouldn't be expecting any jump from the game today at all.

I reckon we'll sell a couple of hundred there though. Add that to the usual 300 or 400 and we'll have maybe 600 sales today.

ClubMemComp_140307.png memgraf_140307.png dailyrategraph_140307.png

Decent week - beat last years average sell rate but behind 2012's. Numerical advantage has us hitting 71,658, % advantage has us hitting 75,089.

AS has been mentioned somewhere previously :rolleyes: we are catching Hawks quickly, but we are catching Pies even quicker (nearly triple their rate over the last three weeks) in fact - THE RACE TO BE FIRST TO 75K IS ON !!!! they didn't make it there last year did they??

Last edited:
Prog is rock or traditional folk music composed and performed by classical and jazz based musicians. So you will get a good mix of instruments with a rock(mainly blues or rhythm and blues) or folk sound fusioned with and jazz/classical sound. But the melody is mainly jazz/classical based. So it's a busy but catchy style of composition with a nice sound. Guitars are blues or jazz sounding, busy bass lines, lots of different keys, jazz/classical based drumming, quite a lot of wind instruments used too. The compositions are usually classical but occasionally jazz. Prog isn't about going out and inventing styles of music and breaking boundaries. But with this style of music it naturally broke boundaries and was a new style of music. The progressive meaning is the progression of each composition. The best ones never get boring, they actually get better with more listens a lot of the time. That's where the progressive part comes in. Every now and then the bands would try a disco or reggae song etc but it would be made busier with their composing methods. Modern prog is usually all wrong though. It has minimal classical/jazz influence and it has all sorts of average influences eg. metal, punk, hip hop. The sound is all wrong, the melody is non existent. They try to invent a style of music and try to break boundaries literally. It's meant to be naturally :D

I stopped reading at composed.

As the great Gene Simmonds said, guys only get into music to get laid, and men who say otherwise are liars. No horny bastard trying to score with groupies composes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership 2014 - Final Total 66,122

Remove this Banner Ad

Back