Membership 2014 - Final Total 66,122

Remove this Banner Ad

With only 4 weeks this whole membership season having reached above 2,000 and the highest hitting marginally over 2,500 and coming off that loss to GCS - you sir are kidding yourself to MT proportions. We will be lucky to crack 1,500 next weeks after 1,100 this week (inflated by last Fridays 400) although a win against Caaarlton might boost the friday figure. We'll only get close to 3,000 in a week IF we beat all of Carl, Dogs and Pies by decent margins and the week after after the pies game we might do it and that will be our last hurrah before settling into the normal in season dribble of around 500-600 a week.

As I said reckon we'll sell between 2-3K and thats what i think, many people will wait till next week being our first home game...we sold 1100 this week after a disappointing loss, can double that next week nothing extraordinary bout that claim :rolleyes:

As I said reckon we'll sell between 2-3K and thats what i think, many people will wait till next week being our first home game...we sold 1100 this week after a disappointing loss, can double that next week nothing extraordinary bout that claim :rolleyes:
We'll see - till next week then .....

Yes losing is always a possibility. But not for a team aspiring to finish in the top four against a relatively new team full of 18yo's.
I think you are seriously underestimating those young players. Should we have won the game? Sure. But shit happens all the time which is why its called a Sport. All I mean is when you go for a holiday the footy is secondary to considerations(enjoy the city that you have travelled too) as you will do your head in if you want a guarantee to win footy games.

So it's not racist when two "whites" are said to look alike, but if they are of another ethnicity - it's racist.

okay then.
2 things.

1. jack martin does not look like jon, so yes racist.

2. In no way shape or form did i mention a single thing about your white v. white example. So i fail to see the relevance or that what you said contributes anything. Apart from the fact that you assumed that i wouldn't consider the roles reversed not racist. If two white people didn't look the same and were said to be brothers, that is incredibly racist. So next time please don't use assumption as a form of defense.

Last edited:
2 things.

1. jack martin does not look like jon at all, so yes racist.

2. In no way shape or form did i mention a single thing about your white v. white example. So i fail to see the relevance or that what you said contributes anything. Apart from the fact that you assumed that i wouldn't consider the roles reversed not racist. If two white people didn't look the same and were said to be brothers, that is incredibly racist. So next time please don't use assumption as a form of defense.

Sorry, but you have this massively wrong

I'm happy to bag a Tiger on our forum as being discriminatory (just look at my stuff against the "homo" chant), but you have misread this by a big degree

They have a similar hair do, similar eye brows, similar expression in that photo, and similar build.

If he was comparing to Eddie Betts/Goodes/Krak/etc, you may have a case, but they do look a like

I remember people thinking Post looked liked Richo, and I disagreed. Does that mean those who thought he did are racist?

Sorry, but you have this massively wrong

I'm happy to bag a Tiger on our forum as being discriminatory (just look at my stuff against the "homo" chant), but you have misread this by a big degree

They have a similar hair do, similar eye brows, similar expression in that photo, and similar build.

If he was comparing to Eddie Betts/Goodes/Krak/etc, you may have a case, but they do look a like

I remember people thinking Post looked liked Richo, and I disagreed. Does that mean those who thought he did are racist?
I dont think your wrong, we just disagree. I dont see similarities, you do. I think that in some ways its racist. Its a common racist slur that all black people look alike. Also on the whole white side of things, commenting on your own race is clearly something that has far more social acceptance, rightly or wrongly is for you to decide.

I think you are seriously underestimating those young players. Should we have won the game? Sure. But shit happens all the time which is why its called a Sport. All I mean is when you go for a holiday the footy is secondary to considerations(enjoy the city that you have travelled too) as you will do your head in if you want a guarantee to win footy games.
I never asked for a guarantee. I was hoping to see a top 4 aspiring side defeat a team we should have beaten. Holiday is irrelevant. I went specifically to watch the footy.

Sure but if you decide to travel for a game of footy, regardless of where, sometimes you don't get the choccies. I get the not liking the bad performance, but imo it shouldn't have anything to do with your travel(and blaming such). Not a big deal just my 2 cents.

I dont think your wrong, we just disagree. I dont see similarities, you do. I think that in some ways its racist. Its a common racist slur that all black people look alike. Also on the whole white side of things, commenting on your own race is clearly something that has far more social acceptance, rightly or wrongly is for you to decide.

so its racist to say two people of the same colour look alike even if they look alike unless they are the same colour as you?

Seriously?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so its racist to say two people of the same colour look alike even if they look alike unless they are the same colour as you?

Seriously?
I simply said I find it racist because I don't see the similarities. It's that simple. Quoting dictionary meanings and mis quoting what I said is not adding anything to the argument. I'm done, everything I've written has been taken the wrong way so there's no point anyway.

Waiting for the Carlton game.
Won't be taking a membership if we drop it, despite several years continual.
Might not anyway but not even considering it if we can't beat the blues.

Might take a GWS one tho!
(Am in Canberra so have been a ACT cheapie member since foundation and similarly, a cheapie interstate Tigs member, as I usually only get to 2 or 3 games)

(Am in Canberra so have been a ACT cheapie member since foundation and similarly, a cheapie interstate Tigs member, as I usually only get to 2 or 3 games)

Disappointing KC Tiger. If the reason was you couldn't afford it or that you were not getting the value as you are so far away - yeah I get it. But on the result of the round 2 game :(
Hope we knock off the blue- baggers
1) Coz I hate em
2) Get everyone thinking positive again and get the season moving again
3) It would be great keep you on board for another year KC Tiger

Unfortunately I doubt that Kapital city Tiger is alone regarding this sentiment. I certainly understand it. Hope we can pull out a win on thursday night . We will be making the trip over all booked & ready to rock......

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership 2014 - Final Total 66,122

Remove this Banner Ad

Back