Membership 2014 - Final Total 66,122

Remove this Banner Ad

If the players had put in a better effort instead of being soft, the mythical bandwagoners wouldnt be blamed.

^This. I'm a paid up member but I sympathise for families that are doing a bit tough. Why watch that when they can use that money on a vacation instead? Serious question, between the two, which would you pick?

I don't mind losing (well I do, but you get the point). That's just footy.
But lose well FFS! put in some effort. Even if we won I would have been a bit dirty. Just atrocious. No one lead, they just stood there.. Too much work left to too few.

How are full time professional athletes unable to run out a game?! It's 4 x 30 mins of interval training. Soccer mums do close to that at a cross fit class!

Show some guts, some heart and something to watch. Hell, I didn't mind so much when we were shit because it was somewhat entertaining and could count on a spectacular moment happening or Jack kicking a bag. But Saturday night was rubbish.

You don't have to win every game to win the supporters. You do have to give a shit and try though.
It takes heart to win hearts

Here's a thought that might improve membership. Play Riewoldt as our full forward again, try to set up a forward line where he is isolated one on one, instruct the players to actually kick to him instead of that hipster doofus Vickery. A confident firing Riewoldt being played in his natural position would add thousands both to our membership but also game day attendances. Yep it's not just our players softness that has slowed down our membership sales, Hardwicks poor performance last Saturday is a big factor too.

Crap sales these last few days. If we won we'd be at 62,000

Bloody bandwagoners :mad: If you gonna sign up sign up no matter what !

We've sold about 400 in 2 days. Not that bad. I don't think a win over GC would boost sales a whole lot. I'd say we're about 200 less than what we could have been if we won. A win over Carlton will get those members back to signing up

Here's a thought that might improve membership. Play Riewoldt as our full forward again, try to set up a forward line where he is isolated one on one, instruct the players to actually kick to him instead of that hipster doofus Vickery. A confident firing Riewoldt being played in his natural position would add thousands both to our membership but also game day attendances. Yep it's not just our players softness that has slowed down our membership sales, Hardwicks poor performance last Saturday is a big factor too.
And stop hiding Martin in the back line, i want to go to a game and see him being explosive in the mid/foward line.

Following on from Peggy’s announcement at Season Launch, we can confirm that our membership record has been beaten for the 4th consecutive year.

We have surpassed our all-time record of 60,300 which we achieved in 2013. We are incredibly appreciative to all our members who continue to astound the entire AFL community with your incredible loyalty and passion. We will not be further publicising this announcement but wanted to take the opportunity to acknowledge those members of various forums who have such a keen interest in our membership number. The eyes of our membership team remain firmly set on the strategic plan goal of 75,000 members and rest assured, your club will leave no stone un-turned to achieve this ambitious goal.
Congrats to all involved. When is the cutoff point when we will stop counting ala last year?

I think sometimes fans need to realise there are no guarantees in life. Just saying.
When players and the club crap on in the off season about how bitter the elimination final loss was and how they're all fired up for 2014, i had reasonable confidence in expecting a relatively good performance against a team barely 3 years old and full of a bunch of kids. Good kids yeah but we should have won that game. We dished up more crap instead and let supporters down once more for the opening game of the season.

Wow only 150 sold. That loss was a Bigger blow than anticipated I reckon. NEED to beat Carlton to be back on track for at least 70k+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't be surprised GH. It's a combination of playing interstate and a schyte performance. Quite normal. If we lost to the cheats again.....geez.

Hopefully that doesn't happen. I think we will still go close to the target in the end which is still a huge achievement considering our all time record was a touch over 60k ...

Hopefully that doesn't happen. I think we will still go close to the target in the end which is still a huge achievement considering our all time record was a touch over 60k ...
No doubt these numbers are phenomenal for a club that's won jack schit for 34 years. Any other club would have folded years ago. At least we can crow about our fans to the opposition.

When players and the club crap on in the off season about how bitter the elimination final loss was and how they're all fired up for 2014, i had reasonable confidence in expecting a relatively good performance against a team barely 3 years old and full of a bunch of kids. Good kids yeah but we should have won that game. We dished up more crap instead and let supporters down once more for the opening game of the season.
Sure but seriously it never entered your mind we may lose considering our record v GC? I would suggest if your baseing your footy holiday on whether we win or lose, your not going for the right reasons. Just my 2 cents.

Sure but seriously it never entered your mind we may lose considering our record v GC? I would suggest if your baseing your footy holiday on whether we win or lose, your not going for the right reasons. Just my 2 cents.
Yes losing is always a possibility. But not for a team aspiring to finish in the top four against a relatively new team full of 18yo's.

He looks like Jack Martins big brother.

MARTIN-Jack.png

jon_wce_a.jpg
That is so ****ing racist

View attachment 47546
Figured that that milestone was worth celebrating with a graph !!!!

Sales 3 mths ahead of last years - 75k in our sights but hard work to be done to get there - Go TIGES

Looking at the graph I think we should stop counting right now.

Slow week but wouldn't be surprised by the slightest from Monday till our game Thurs night that we sell around 2-3K in memberships.....If supporters haven't bought their memberships yet, please do so....

Online: http://membership.richmondfc.com.au/

Phone: 1300 742 466

Email: membership@richmondfc.com.au

Or at the membership tents around the MCG
With only 4 weeks this whole membership season having reached above 2,000 and the highest hitting marginally over 2,500 and coming off that loss to GCS - you sir are kidding yourself to MT proportions. We will be lucky to crack 1,500 next weeks after 1,100 this week (inflated by last Fridays 400) although a win against Caaarlton might boost the friday figure. We'll only get close to 3,000 in a week IF we beat all of Carl, Dogs and Pies by decent margins and the week after after the pies game we might do it and that will be our last hurrah before settling into the normal in season dribble of around 500-600 a week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership 2014 - Final Total 66,122

Remove this Banner Ad

Back