News Membership/Finals ticketing

Remove this Banner Ad

You're not one of those knobs who think that the cut-off time is only an aspirational goal and will then argue until they're blue in the face about how shit the service is when they're denied entry to the flight.
I just hate their first class lounge. No decent bubbles!

You're not one of those knobs who think that the cut-off time is only an aspirational goal and will then argue until they're blue in the face about how shit the service is when they're denied entry to the flight.

I reckon 90-95% of gripes about Tiger are actually the customer's fault - largely people not reading terms and conditions, or turning up late and expecting to be boarded.

I've never had an issue with Tiger, and I've flown with them a stack of times.

I reckon 90-95% of gripes about Tiger are actually the customer's fault - largely people not reading terms and conditions, or turning up late and expecting to be boarded.

I've never had an issue with Tiger, and I've flown with them a stack of times.

I have flown interstate 14 times in the last 18 months exclusively with Virgin. Apart from misplacing my luggage once--they couriered it to me and it arrived at midnight--and once when I had to fly from to Brisbane from Canberra to connect to an Adelaide direct flight because aircraft were delayed and then flights cancelled, it's been smooth.
I had one flight with Tiger some time ago and never again. I remember being in the airport lounge three hours after our projected takeoff time and the whole lounge of people bursting into applause when we saw a Tiger plane land. Unfortunately, it wasn't ours and we went back to waiting for another couple of hours. On the return journey, the Adelaide flight from Melbourne was 'only' an hour and a half adrift, but I did witness people trying to get to Sydney to connect with an international flight in a screaming match with Tiger staff. The passengers had arrived for a flight sometime around 6 am and were still there at 11.
I'm unforgiving. They won't get my custom again.

Nope. I'm one of those who have had flights cancelled for no explained reason.

I have flown interstate 14 times in the last 18 months exclusively with Virgin. Apart from misplacing my luggage once--they couriered it to me and it arrived at midnight--and once when I had to fly from to Brisbane from Canberra to connect to an Adelaide direct flight because aircraft were delayed and then flights cancelled, it's been smooth.
I had one flight with Tiger some time ago and never again. I remember being in the airport lounge three hours after our projected takeoff time and the whole lounge of people bursting into applause when we saw a Tiger plane land. Unfortunately, it wasn't ours and we went back to waiting for another couple of hours. On the return journey, the Adelaide flight from Melbourne was 'only' an hour and a half adrift, but I did witness people trying to get to Sydney to connect with an international flight in a screaming match with Tiger staff. The passengers had arrived for a flight sometime around 6 am and were still there at 11.
I'm unforgiving. They won't get my custom again.

Very similar experiences.

I flew probably 40 times with Virgin last year (well, probably 30 Virgin and 10 Qantas/Jetstar) and didn't have a problem once.

I've twice flown Tiger, and had issues on three of the four flights. Two flights delayed, one flight cancelled.

They may be better now as that was a while ago, but I don't see any reason to risk it.

Flew tiger once. Perfect on the way over. 3hr wait on the way back (no plane). Another flight got cancelled same time as ours. Guess we got lucky with 3hr wait.

Said never again but cheap fares lured me in.

Got my membership pack today. Gold has a blanket plus the usual sticker, pin, magnet. Blanket feels nice but is just big enough to cover our newborn when she comes i imagine (due in April).

Reach in the spot labeled "your membership card is behind here" and find a letter but no membership card! :confused:

Anyone else have a similar experience?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never flown Tiger.
Now that I've heard it's partially owned by I think was said Singapore Airlines, I might give it a go.

Only ever had 2 significant (1h+) delays ever.
1 was QANTAS when there were major storms and nothing was leaving Perth Airport. That was about a 3-4h delay.
1 was Delta as the inbound flight had issues in Atlanta and they had to find a replacement plane to get them to Nawleans which was about a 2h delay. We flew nearly instantly though once it had arrived though.

Does the hoodie come separate to the membership pack?

I believe so...and that ship didn't appear to cut thru the Panama Canal for me....looks to be circumnavigating the globe and up the St. Lawrence Seaway until it makes it way into Lake Erie and the Port of Cleveland.

Got my membership pack today. Gold has a blanket plus the usual sticker, pin, magnet. Blanket feels nice but is just big enough to cover our newborn when she comes i imagine (due in April).

Reach in the spot labeled "your membership card is behind here" and find a letter but no membership card! :confused:

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Yep I had no card. Have been told it will come with the rest of my Bronze pack which was shipped on the 25th of December. Got my Gold Upgrade pack on the 4th of December which is connected to my AOFM.

Never flown Tiger.
Now that I've heard it's partially owned by I think was said Singapore Airlines, I might give it a go.

It was started by Singapore Airlines. They have sold all their ownership to Virgin Australia.

It's 100% owned by Virgin now.

Has anyone on the bronze membership wait list received a call from the club to upgrade yet?
Been on the wait list since we moved to AO.. Hoping this is my year to get full membership..

Has anyone on the bronze membership wait list received a call from the club to upgrade yet?
Been on the wait list since we moved to AO.. Hoping this is my year to get full membership..

I can sell you my Essential memberships at a discount if it's access you're after. Our AO memberships came up but we found out after the renewal date. So looks like we two Alice Springsians will be going in with 2 memberships each to both us and Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Membership/Finals ticketing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back