Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Now the interesting question will be, will Harris Andrews get suspended? Smacked Coniglio in the back of the head, making him make contact with Cadman's hip.

Let's spin that MRP wheel.

Port have played the last 5 of their 6 meetings at Adelaide Oval.

Their only game is the last 6 years in Sydney was decided by less than a kick.

Sydney should be primed for this game.

Reckon we heading for either a repeat of 2022 - Sydney vs Geelong GF but the result reversed.
We've got some nervous moments coming Fri night I reckon, particularly if Swans get off to their usual slow start.

Port will be confident as many people calling Swans their bunnies.

Fingers and toes crossed for a Swans win.

Now Port have continued the trend with a win on Friday night.

Now for those that are nervous, not one of those sides who won the following week made a Grand Final - they all lost the Preliminary Final.

Most of them easily too except for the Saints and Cats in '04 (both lost the prelims by under 10 points).

Biggest finals choke since the 93 prelim. Unbelievable to lose from 8 goals up.

Flag is anyones, I don't mind the lions but i don't think they can do it.
MUCH bigger choke than Crows 1993 without question:

• 44 points up with 8 mins left in 3rd. Crows up by 42 points at half time and lead was down to a couple of goals from memory at 3/4 time
  • Giants up by 31 points a few mins into last quarter
  • playing at HOME
  • if you thoughts umps were bad last night in 93 prelim 3 x Bombers players combined received more frees than the ENTIRE crows team. Wanganeen, red-headed turd Bewick and from memory Ezard. 5-6 of the softest frees (goals) you will ever see but nobody seems to remember this - I do watching from the Southern stand and was rope-able at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MUCH bigger choke than Crows 1993 without question:

• 44 points up with 8 mins left in 3rd. Crows up by 42 points at half time and lead was down to a couple of goals from memory at 3/4 time
  • Giants up by 31 points a few mins into last quarter
  • playing at HOME
  • if you thoughts umps were bad last night in 93 prelim 3 x Bombers players combined received more frees than the ENTIRE crows team. Wanganeen, red-headed turd Bewick and from memory Ezard. 5-6 of the softest frees (goals) you will ever see but nobody seems to remember this - I do watching from the Southern stand and was rope-able at the time.
We were officially reamed in that Prelim.

Before half time;

Essendon 16 frees
Adelaide 14

After half time:

Essendon 16
Adelaide 2

Totals:

Essendon 32
Adelaide 16

Amazing that despite being 7 goals up at half time, Essendon received 2 more frees than we did .

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day AFL Finals 2024 - Match discussion party thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back