Membership Renewal for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

KERRPOW

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 28, 2008
in a town near you
AFL Club
West Coast
Received my membership renewal invoice for 2025, after my first full season as a seated member after 5 years ITW.

As I'm a loner who goes to the footy myself, i selected a nice A reserve seat but due to cost considering downgrading, as i really don't want to pay $890 for a membership. which is an increase of $35 on this year.

I've put in a request for a seat change with the intention to pick up a C, D or E class reserve ticket but i will have to pay for my existing membership first, so i guess i will get a credit for 2026?

RANT: not sure how they justify increasing the cost of a membership each year. especially after a few lean years on field. i dont know how families with 4x tickets affoard this each year.

I received my renewal for my Global membership yesterday.

It's gone from $205 to $250.
Granted they might have to pay WatchAFL a bit extra, but it's bit untidy IMO.
Especially as you say, given our past few years.

I went to another club to compare and it's $199 for the same package.

No wonder we're the richest club in the comp.

Last edited:
Appreciate your pain dealing with WC's on membership.

After being an inaugural member (thanks Dad), had a little rant after being Captains Club at Subi for multiple years (worked out had spent upwards of $120,000 on family membership), when I got crappy seats at Optus.

Membership offered to refund deposit for the new stadium seats, which I took, with a parting shot that I would save myself the $6k per year and then later have a choice of seats when we bottomed out and they were pulling 20 odd thousand a game.

They probably now play that recorded conversion as an induction for new membership staff, and have a little chuckle......

Who'd have thought 2018 was going to turn out the way it did.

ITW's and now my grand plan is being screwed with by some bloke called Harley.

Hi everyone.

I am chasing 4 tickets to the Landing for 2025 but WCE advised that they aren't selling them anymore.

If anyone has 4 tickets that they aren't intending to renew and are happy to transfer them to me then please PM me.

Thanks.

Received my membership renewal invoice for 2025, after my first full season as a seated member after 5 years ITW.

As I'm a loner who goes to the footy myself, i selected a nice A reserve seat but due to cost considering downgrading, as i really don't want to pay $890 for a membership. which is an increase of $35 on this year.

I've put in a request for a seat change with the intention to pick up a C, D or E class reserve ticket but i will have to pay for my existing membership first, so i guess i will get a credit for 2026?

RANT: not sure how they justify increasing the cost of a membership each year. especially after a few lean years on field. i dont know how families with 4x tickets affoard this each year.
I have a couple of seats and pay my membership off in four instalments. It doesn't cost any more money. The Eagles just roll it over each year so I don't have tp keep setting up the payments.

To be fair to the club, believe this is the first price hike I’ve seen in the memberships since I finally became a seated member for the 2020 season (good timing…I know). It was always going to happen at some point and I was bracing myself for it already in 2023 or 2024.

I’ve gone up $30 - considering it’s been frozen for a few years (bit like our club in general), it’s not overly surprising to see a small rise this year.

Works out a $2.72/game increase - so roughly the equivalent of half a bottle of the cheapest water at Optus Stadium.

I'm an interstate member and its gone up to $185.

I actually don't know what it was last year but I did pay it. Maybe $170?

Anyway, the interstate one going up is interesting because we don't know how many games they will be playing in my home state (SA), however with gather round and Crows being bottom 4 there is a very good chance there are 2 games at least (3 this year).

Also annoyed it went up but will pay cos I don't want to find myself at the back of the queue when we're good again. Kents know it too.

Joined the waiting list in 2012, offered 2x 5 game membership when Optus opened in 2018 (which I took), offered 2x full membership in 2019 (which I took) and will keep them for life and then pass them on to my 2x kids like all the old kents I was annoyed with while I was in the wings :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think its time we all have this conversation.

This year all memberships appear to have risen around 5% on the back of a 2% rise the year before. On the back of our worst performances of all times and a cost of living crisis, the club is raising prices yet again.

The reason for this price rise is simple. Its not for extra costs, its not for pay increases, its not to pay for anything. Its simply 1 reason only.

Cowardice

Across the board we are the lowest funded club in the entire AFL. Brisbane Lions receive 19 mill more then us. Collingwood on the back of a premiership even got 3.5 mill more then us + extra funding outside of this from state government that totaled around 10 million dollars. Eagles got 11 mill + had to pay WAFC 3.5 mill. This is a cost no Vic or NSW/QLD club has since AFL funds the VFL competition

This discrepancy is absolutely absurd. Collingwood hold more assets then us (only slightly), Brisbane Lions only have 20 mill less assets then us.. Why the **** are we accepting such a absolutely pathetic discrepancy while increasing costs for members ? We should be doing the exact opposite here. If Pyke is as tough as he say he is, act it. He should be going to the AFL and demanding parity with other clubs. At a deadset minimum we should be getting 6 mill more. If we got 6 mill more we could freeze price rises in our membership for the next 5 years as a minimum. This is the least they can and should do given the current standard of product they are producing

Pyke says he can do nothing about the travel situation, the AFL priority pick decisions. He sure as hell can do something about this and very easily. Get off your butt and do it. Ask the AFL for money and not your loyal members. If you cant then maybe you are not as tough as you tell people you are...

Im looking to drop from A reserve to C reserve. Moneys a little tight at the moment and im struggling to justify paying for a luxury item when that $900 (+$20 on crap food each game) can be spent better

I wonder how much a membership costs compare with the popular vic clubs (pies).

As interstate member in Queensland mines only gone up ten bucks… but what am I getting for that ten dollars? We only play in Queensland once a year, we don’t get any free merch, a players meet up after match, a members ticket, bumper stickers sent without requesting them ,and then getting done the $10 for postage on them anyway…

What exactly am I getting for my money that a person who pays nothing towards the club?

I was a premium member at subi before I moved states and have been paid up for 34 years so would never drop it but it does leave me wondering why

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Price rises were well held for a few years, doesn't bother me to be paying 5% more. If I don't like it, I will hand my membership in. Except I wouldn't dare do that, as I was on the waitlist for 10 years to get it. Supply and demand etc - suck it up and move on.

If we got $1bil for free from the AFL tomorrow, memberships would still go up. There’s a wait list a mile long and no shortage of people who’d pay any price. The club knows and loves this.

I’ve summed it up in this complex diagram below.

IMG_2898.jpeg

Im looking to drop from A reserve to C reserve. Moneys a little tight at the moment and im struggling to justify paying for a luxury item when that $900 (+$20 on crap food each game) can be spent better

I wonder how much a membership costs compare with the popular vic clubs (pies).
The same Global membership for GWS is $195.00 compared to WC $250.00.

I think its time we all have this conversation.

This year all memberships appear to have risen around 5% on the back of a 2% rise the year before. On the back of our worst performances of all times and a cost of living crisis, the club is raising prices yet again.

The reason for this price rise is simple. Its not for extra costs, its not for pay increases, its not to pay for anything. Its simply 1 reason only.

Cowardice

Across the board we are the lowest funded club in the entire AFL. Brisbane Lions receive 19 mill more then us. Collingwood on the back of a premiership even got 3.5 mill more then us + extra funding outside of this from state government that totaled around 10 million dollars. Eagles got 11 mill + had to pay WAFC 3.5 mill. This is a cost no Vic or NSW/QLD club has since AFL funds the VFL competition

This discrepancy is absolutely absurd. Collingwood hold more assets then us (only slightly), Brisbane Lions only have 20 mill less assets then us.. Why the **** are we accepting such a absolutely pathetic discrepancy while increasing costs for members ? We should be doing the exact opposite here. If Pyke is as tough as he say he is, act it. He should be going to the AFL and demanding parity with other clubs. At a deadset minimum we should be getting 6 mill more. If we got 6 mill more we could freeze price rises in our membership for the next 5 years as a minimum. This is the least they can and should do given the current standard of product they are producing

Pyke says he can do nothing about the travel situation, the AFL priority pick decisions. He sure as hell can do something about this and very easily. Get off your butt and do it. Ask the AFL for money and not your loyal members. If you cant then maybe you are not as tough as you tell people you are...
I heard Pyke was going to lower prices, but North and St Kilda complained to the AFL so Andrew Dillon rang Pyke and bullied him until he agreed to put them up

Price rises were well held for a few years, doesn't bother me to be paying 5% more. If I don't like it, I will hand my membership in. Except I wouldn't dare do that, as I was on the waitlist for 10 years to get it. Supply and demand etc - suck it up and move on.
Hmm nah. Supply and demand exists at Collingwood too they still pay 200 bucks less then us for the same membership...

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership Renewal for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back