Membership Upgrades

Remove this Banner Ad

As long as HFC don't change my seat from level 2 undercover to Level 1 or 2A I am happy.

I'll renew it the day it comes in the mail!
Online of course...

As long as HFC don't change my seat from level 2 undercover to Level 1 or 2A I am happy.

I'll renew it the day it comes in the mail!
Online of course...
If you renew early you shouldn't have an issue. I really don't give a rats where my seat is.

I seem to recall hearing somewhere that the reason the top level of membership was capped this year was due mainly to the number of seats that the club were allocated to sell as reserved from the MCC/MCG Trust/whoever arranges this.

I wouldn't take this as meaning that KC/Gold Seating won't be limited again for next season, either. Just that the club should be able to make more seating available under these categories of membership.

True

Apparently the club have been allocated more reserve seats for the year including the second level in the Ponsford Stand

Just got a letter in the mail from Hawthorn.
Looks like they are rejigging the reserved seat memberships a bit next year. It says they are making level 2a Southern Stand and the undercover section of level 1 in the Olympic stand into 'premium' seats available to choose as part of Kennedy/Gold package. Full details aren't out until November but this kind of suggests that maybe they will increase the cap for Kennedy/Gold?? Also there is a new 'Interstate Gold' package (limited to 1,000) which gets you a GF ticket, and also a 'Hudson Club Gold' (limited to 1,000) for Tassie people which gets you a GF ticket. Anyway, I would get in as quick as you can if you plan to upgrade.

Got the same letter not too happy. They are merging standard seating and silver seating and calling it silver seating I'm currently silver on level 2A. Does this mean standard seating members will be paying silver prices?????

I really liked my 2A seat looks like I have to go down to level 1 or upgrade to get a level two seats.

Good money spinner for the club though, more gold & kennedy members.

Probably a good way to free up some Gold and KC seat those interstate gold memberships. There would be a few die hards living interstate who would never use their reserved seat and just use it for the big one. There was a story about a bloke in the paper who had been living overseas, but kept up a gold membership just incase.

That's me, I'm a uni student living in Wollongong so I can only afford to get down to 3 or 4 games during the year, but I have bought the gold membership for a few years now as there was no way I was going to miss the big one!

I know that the swans have quite a good system, where if you are a reserved seat member, and you are not going to be at any home games, you simply inform the club a week or two before each game that you won't be using your seat and then they can sell your seat for those games, for each game that they can sell your seat, they gave you $20 or $30 off your membership for next year up to a maximum of about $150 i think it was. I guess this system would work a lot better at the SCG as it is alot easier to sell out than the MCG.

Got the same letter not too happy. They are merging standard seating and silver seating and calling it silver seating I'm currently silver on level 2A. Does this mean standard seating members will be paying silver prices?????

I really liked my 2A seat looks like I have to go down to level 1 or upgrade to get a level two seats.

Good money spinner for the club though, more gold & kennedy members.

I don't think they will be shafting anyone from their current seats.
If they do make you upgrade to keep the seat I think it is only another $50 but I suspect they will let you keep it at the silver price. Not sure whether they will jack up standard seats to the silver seat price, again not much of a price difference anyway. I still think it is all pretty good value.

The old system of allocating tickets proportionally to membership size was waved away last year, had it still be in place we would have been allocated more tickets and Geelong less. Instead, the AFL now allocates tickets to the clubs 50/50, regardless of membership size

The allocation for GF tickets this year was a joke, just ¼ of the stadium was available for club members with 1/5 of the stadium allocated to AFL members (where Hawks and Cats make up a maximum of 3,000 out of 20,000)

Joke?

I'm 23 and have been a full afl member since i was about 11. As much as I feel for club members, AFL members should have first crack over seats at a grand final. I have kept my membership up for this long paying now days in excess of $500 a season. For my loyalty, a grand final ticket is rewarded, thats the benefit of a membership.

If you dont like it then upgrade to a better membership, simple.

I'm currently on a Silver Seat in undercover, Level 1 of the Southern Stand. Anyone know if this applies to my area too? Also, does upgrading to Gold allow me to keep my seat, or do I need to sit in a different area??

I was going to upgrade to Gold for next year either way... Would like to get better seats to any future GF...:eek:

Joke?

I'm 23 and have been a full afl member since i was about 11. As much as I feel for club members, AFL members should have first crack over seats at a grand final. I have kept my membership up for this long paying now days in excess of $500 a season. For my loyalty, a grand final ticket is rewarded, thats the benefit of a membership.

AFL members who support a competing club yes. AFL members who don't, maybe, as long as they use the ticket.

The many who abuse the system, take their memberships off them. The AFL should signature test everyone coming in (i don't care how long it takes) and those who have on sold their tickets get there memberships cancelled. The problem is the massive ammount of grand final tickets being bought by people who have no intent of going to the game.

I'm currently on a Silver Seat in undercover, Level 1 of the Southern Stand. Anyone know if this applies to my area too? Also, does upgrading to Gold allow me to keep my seat, or do I need to sit in a different area??

I was going to upgrade to Gold for next year either way... Would like to get better seats to any future GF...:eek:

No, it only applies to level 1 under cover in Olympic stand, and level 2a Southern Stand, so your seat stays as Silver.

When I upgraded to gold they let me keep my silver seat - I much preferred it over the gold options they had on level 2. Not sure if they will still allow this, can't see why not, sit in same seat and pay more.

Gold doesn't get you a better seat at the GF it just guarantees you a seat. The GF seat allocation is totally random, some gold members were put at the back of the top level.

I don't think they will be shafting anyone from their current seats.
If they do make you upgrade to keep the seat I think it is only another $50 but I suspect they will let you keep it at the silver price. Not sure whether they will jack up standard seats to the silver seat price, again not much of a price difference anyway. I still think it is all pretty good value.

Hope your right. But depending on how much extra I'd like to upgrade. I guess we'll find out for sure next month when we get our membership packs.

Joke?

I'm an MCC and Hawk member so the current agreement actually is advantageous for me as well, in fact a change of system would make it alot more difficult for me to get a ticket.

Fact is, its a joke that 30-35% of people in the stadium have a passionate affiliation to either side.

A Grand Final should be supported by 90-95% supporters of the competing clubs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, it only applies to level 1 under cover in Olympic stand, and level 2a Southern Stand, so your seat stays as Silver.

When I upgraded to gold they let me keep my silver seat - I much preferred it over the gold options they had on level 2. Not sure if they will still allow this, can't see why not, sit in same seat and pay more.

Gold doesn't get you a better seat at the GF it just guarantees you a seat. The GF seat allocation is totally random, some gold members were put at the back of the top level.

Cheers BH, it's good to know... and being able to keep the same seat would make sense, as you said it's only paying extra for the same seat.

I have a pretty damn good seat right on the wing, which I'd love to keep... and it's also about being able to sit around people I have got to know over the 9 years I've been there.

Might call the club to double-check, but thanks for the info. Yes, I was aware the GF seat allocation was random. I should have phrased it "a better chance to get a seat that's not at the back on the top level" as it was quite hard for my mum, who struggles with steps and height, to sit up there during the GF this year.

Thanks for the info guys.

And just to be clear - we can actually sort out memberships for next year from now. From the club or should I give them a bell...???? Want to get in earliesh for me and my old man.

Thanks for the info guys.

And just to be clear - we can actually sort out memberships for next year from now. From the club or should I give them a bell...???? Want to get in earliesh for me and my old man.
You have to wait until your renewal forms come in November, if you are already a member Rowdy, even if you want to upgrade your membership. Deadline for renewing is Dec 15 according to my letter.

Thanks for the advice mate. 21 consecutive years and counting, since I had to upgrade from a kid's membership/season pass ($18 a season was pretty damn cheap imo). My old man has had 30.

Am willing to pay whatever because having to go in that ballot was one of the scariest two days of my life. All that shit football, and then to miss the one day that counts. But enough of the life story, cheers.

Hey we upgraded from Silver to gold and got to keep our seats. So i don't think that should be a problem, they just sent us our gold membership card which gives us access to bar and areas.

We were some of the lucky few who managed to upgrade half way through this year. $50 well spent.

GO HAWKERS !!!!!

I'm an MCC and Hawk member so the current agreement actually is advantageous for me as well, in fact a change of system would make it alot more difficult for me to get a ticket.

Fact is, its a joke that 30-35% of people in the stadium have a passionate affiliation to either side.

A Grand Final should be supported by 90-95% supporters of the competing clubs

CRICKET club members take up more seats then anyone. If anyone should be giving up the seats it should come from this section first. Isn't that why 91 was at waverly?

AFL members who support a competing club yes. AFL members who don't, maybe, as long as they use the ticket.

The many who abuse the system, take their memberships off them. The AFL should signature test everyone coming in (i don't care how long it takes) and those who have on sold their tickets get there memberships cancelled. The problem is the massive ammount of grand final tickets being bought by people who have no intent of going to the game.

Scalping is in a different boat all together. I'm just saying that as a loyal footy follower its fair that we get first crack at tickets. If anyone should be giving them up what about the CRICKET members

Correct me if i'm wrong but MCC members now have photos on their cards right? They have at least made an effort to stop the scalping. I didn't hear of anyone using someone elses MCC membership to see the game, although I'm sure there were some. Not only that, but they do own the ground and the AFL is kinda their bitch, so thats always going to happen.

Am I any less a loyal football follower with my Hawthorn & Richmond memberships? I refuse to buy an AFL membership because I want the maximum ammount of money going to my club. That and the AFL selling off Waverley, trying to kill us, and their general sucking up to Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton. I'd hate to say I was a member of that organisation. Ross Oakley was the devil.

AFL members was full of scalped tickets, easily the most exploited place in terms of scalping. Something has to be done.

Thanks!

I see that they have changed the direct debit set up.

No longer out sourcing.

Although it doesn't really affect me I think it's a bit closed minded as it means that in order to pay in instalments, you have to use a credit card.

Not very family friendly.

Get a Visa Debit card - no fees, exactly the same as having the money being deducted out of your bank account.

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership Upgrades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back