Memo Cometti: leave Religion out of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh puleeeease!

Peejay...this defence from a religion which literally sells its belief that "an angel (Moroni) came down and told some dude (Joseph Smith) heres some new tablets to write an americanized version of a bible..."

The same Joseph Smith whom:

1. In the 1830s, Joseph Smith, Jr. instituted a form of polygamy referred to as plural marriage, which Brigham Young acknowledged and promoted after the LDS church's move to the Utah Territory. According to his own statements, Joseph Smith, Jr. was more than a little uneasy at facing the institution of plural marriage, and said that he did so only after being warned through subsequent divine revelation that he should begin the practice or "be destroyed" [9]; however, not all members practiced polygamy.

2. When the Mormons migrated to Missouri they encountered the pro-slavery sentiments of their neighbors. Initially, Joseph Smith, Jr. supported the laws regarding slaves and slaveholders as a matter of peace and order, but eventually rejected the institution and supported its abolition. Smith also welcomed free blacks into the church, and ordained black men to the Priesthood.

John Lennon had it right in "Imagine...no religion..."

Carpe Diem people - seize the day...forget religious nuttery of which mormons run high and mighty.

Dean...

Actually i am not defending Mormons and understand what is being said here.

I just think reigious references should not be made by commentators at the footy.

The only time i want to hear about religion at the footy is when i hear "Jesus ump you have no ides" or "where the hell did that decision come from" .

In Australia, part of our culture has always been to take the piss out of everyone and everything.

Stop trying to make us America.

come on its only mormons,they are a cult not religion!

How do you define a religion as oppossed to a cult?

I was born a Mormon and raised a Mormon and although I rejected it when I left home. I have no problem with the church or mormons themselves as they are good people with only good intentions even if their beliefs come across as a little weird. The number of Myths including the practice of Polygamy that surround the church can be quite amusing, I've even heard that Mormons aren't allowed to drive cars.

I watch Big Love and the people who are against the polygamy the young girl and the Lady across the road are Mormons not the polygamist family.

BTW pretty funny by Cometti

Remove this Banner Ad

Memo Cometti: leave Religion out of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back