Memo Tom Hafey & Mal Brown.

Remove this Banner Ad

thecotch

Premiership Player
Aug 11, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
You've made it very clear the club should get Mick Malthouse at all costs. Whilst your opinions are most welcome, it's important the club goes through a vigorous due process in selecting it's next coach.

Whilst Malthouse has great credentials, I for one am not very impressed with his performances of late. His coaching has been seriously questioned by those close to collingwood and certainly his performances in the media over recent years have been nothing short of abysmal. His appearance on footy classified this week was a prime example. Reporters cannot ask simple questions without fear of unwarranted stinging rebukes.

We cannot chase malthouse simply because he's a "richmond bloke". He hasn't been a "richmond bloke" now for the best part of 20 years.

Ask Pies supporters and they'll say his game plan is rubbish. He goes the long avenue to goal around the boundaries. We have to go quick and straight and we won't have duds in defence slowing us down anymore :cool:

Ask Pies supporters and they'll say his game plan is rubbish. He goes the long avenue to goal around the boundaries. We have to go quick and straight and we won't have duds in defence slowing us down anymore :cool:

Sure, Mick's game plan is questionable, however, we still manage to kick high scores regardless and more importantly- WIN games of football which is paramount. He is also a dual-premiership coach and it is no secret Mick plays a style of football that holds up come finals time as evident in our recent finals showings against quality opposition.

The thing is, we don't JUST play the boundary. We use the avenue we believe is in the best interests of the team depending on the situation. If it is on, we will take the ball through the corridor and centre it up. If we are being choked up, we will take it wide.

It is not as bad as people are making it out to be. We do not play keepings off footy, we do not over-do the handball and we aren't afraid to kick it long to a contest. Mick prides the team on winning the stoppages and contested situations.

Corridor footy is overrated. There is no right or wrong. St Kilda play the boundary just as much as we do and they are undefeated smashing sides. Melbourne try to use the corridor everytime and only have the one win.

At the end of the day, you need skilled players all over the ground. This, at Collingwood we have, regardless of whether we got wide or direct. We also have the forward line ability to score very quickly and heavily.

The great tragedy was that no matter what you thought of his Coaching he had a kids, kids, kids policy when it came to recruiting. Imagine where we would be now if that policy had continued for another 4-6 years

We had a wicked team in '05 (even without a young Richo) full of youngsters who bled yellow and black and guided by one of the best coaches of that era! I cannot believe how circumstances changed overnight when Northey was refused a contract extension THEN the mother of all clowns Robert Walls took over! Major f&ck up which will never be forgotten!!!

Northey's departure completely closed our 'window of opportunity' and set us back at least 5 years!!!

Yep. Absolutely screwed us. Thanks big Mal.

dont look at Mick at the way he coaches. but look at his coaching record status. who was colllingwood before he arrived. n look at collingwood now how much he's turned them around. trust he can coach and he knows what he is doing. Mick coaches through instinct. wallace coaches from looking at his stupid white board thats not a coach. thats no coach. u cant rule him out by a long shot. i couldn't give a stuff about wat mick does and says in the media. i look at his coaching, not his media stuff. its all about the game and how you play it. he's got all of that. when tom hafey talks guys u listen.

1. Mick Malthouse :thumbsu: ;)
2. Nathan Buckley :thumbsu: ;)
3. hardwick :)
4. hinkley :rolleyes:
5. Viney :cool:

forget about mark williams. coz port played pies. mick v williams. n who won that battle, mick malthouse. enough said. its either mick or those other four thats it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had a wicked team in '05 (even without a young Richo) full of youngsters who bled yellow and black and guided by one of the best coaches of that era! I cannot believe how circumstances changed overnight when Northey was refused a contract extension THEN the mother of all clowns Robert Walls took over! Major f&ck up which will never be forgotten!!!
'95 you mean

It was a promising team of guys most of whom turned out to be duds (bourke, bower, bulluss, charles, daffy, dundas, edwards, elliot, howat, jurica, neeld, slater, sullivan, wigney), some of whom were ok or better (richo, brodders, campbell, benny & michael gale, duncan kellaway, knights, naish, rogers, turner) and some of whom we traded (bond, maxfield, murphy, merenda, prescott, tape, torney).

if Mick Malthouse is so questionable as coach. then wat the hell is collingwood doing sitting in 5th on the ladder. care to respond on that one. he gets results and doesnt put up with any crap

if Mick Malthouse is so questionable as coach. then wat the hell is collingwood doing sitting in 5th on the ladder. care to respond on that one. he gets results and doesnt put up with any crap

Fifth only on percentage - you could be 9th.

If he's so good and Pies are so skilled, how come you couldnt beat Essendon? :rolleyes:

Even Carlton smashed you by about 10 goals.

Mick is good but not sure he is the man for Richmond in 2010 onwards.

Sorry. :thumbsdown:

Mick seems to be losing some passion for football. His interviews and demeanor after each game in comparision to Matty Knights and Ratten seem far more drained. It could just be personality difference between Mick and other coaches, but i'm not so sure. He has been coaching for a long time and a new club might not refresh things. I feel we need to get a coach who is looking for an entry into AFL Coaching, not a coach who is looking for a change of club or has been forced from their previous position. This outcome would more likely see our new coach want to make an impact rather than a seasoned coach try and uphold a reputation such as Wallace.

Whatever our decision I just hope we get someone who is heads down arse up and most importantly realistic in our expectations and current position. We need an outsider to come in and Tell CC and GM exactly where our list is and how it stacks up in relation to our woeful gameplan. Thats the challenge - picking a gameplan suited to list strengths. I dont think Mick is the right person to do this even though he has developed a gameplan to best suit Collingwood.

The bonus of a new AFL coach is the lower income and therefor the ability to employ more people to the football department alas Hawthorn. Mick would come at too high a cost.

You've made it very clear the club should get Mick Malthouse at all costs. Whilst your opinions are most welcome, it's important the club goes through a vigorous due process in selecting it's next coach.

Whilst Malthouse has great credentials, I for one am not very impressed with his performances of late. His coaching has been seriously questioned by those close to collingwood and certainly his performances in the media over recent years have been nothing short of abysmal. His appearance on footy classified this week was a prime example. Reporters cannot ask simple questions without fear of unwarranted stinging rebukes.

We cannot chase malthouse simply because he's a "richmond bloke". He hasn't been a "richmond bloke" now for the best part of 20 years.

What a dumb post...

What has being nice to the media got to do with anything in this process......look at Frawley and Wallace - great media performers, but sh!thouse coaches - now that's exactly what we need...

Malthouse FYI, has taken a mediocre side to 2 Grand Finals, and continues to be have Collingwood in the finals year after year....he has the runs on the board, regardless of what people think...

i could ask u tiger fans the same thing, i wouldn't talk. both essendon and carlton gave u a football clinic. at least collingwood make finals unlike some teams. u cant u even beat melbourne of all teams and we showed u how it was meant to be done. two times ten goal margins against the dee's, now thats how u beat a bottom team tiger fans. take some notes

What a dumb post...

What has being nice to the media got to do with anything in this process......look at Frawley and Wallace - great media performers, but sh!thouse coaches - now that's exactly what we need...

Malthouse FYI, has taken a mediocre side to 2 Grand Finals, and continues to be have Collingwood in the finals year after year....he has the runs on the board, regardless of what people think...

He's yesterday's hero mate. Wake up. If he's no longer good for collingwood then he's no good for us I'm afraid. He's pushing 60 years of age and looks older. I'm sick of richmond being everyone elses dumping ground. Let's get a young, keen, enthusiastic, gung ho coach in and surround him with good people and resources. It's a young man's game. Ratten, voss, roos, worsfold, laidley, lyon, all etc etc.

Gawwd .......you Tiger fans are unreal!

The best bitch slappin forum anywhere!

(theCotch I am not trollin andwill be respectful as a vistor)

YOU NEED a link to glory. Someone (preferably Tiger) who HAS coached (2) and played in a premiership, and knows what the "state of the art" in terms of facilities off field stuff is!!!!!!

Give him 2 years to blood a newbie and change shit culture

I cannot believe you would NOT TRUST...... Hafey:confused:

In one year turned wooden spooners Wobbles into Gf'ist if it wasn't for a head butt ....they would have been premiers

Turned Swans around from 14th to PF'sts in 2 years.

He stilluses the term "we" meaning Richmond.... he knows best with hart(sic)

IF HE SAYS SO..... DON'T THINK...DO!:thumbsu:

( yes I know that wasn't him but he was better than Kennedy)

Gawwd .......you Tiger fans are unreal!

The best bitch slappin forum anywhere!

(theCotch I am not trollin andwill be respectful as a vistor)

YOU NEED a link to glory. Someone (preferably Tiger) who HAS coached (2) and played in a premiership, and knows what the "state of the art" in terms of facilities off field stuff is!!!!!!

Give him 2 years to blood a newbie and change shit culture

I cannot believe you would NOT TRUST...... Hafey:confused:

In one year turned wooden spooners Wobbles into Gf'ist if it wasn't for a head butt ....they would have been premiers

Turned Swans around from 14th to PF'sts in 2 years.

He stilluses the term "we" meaning Richmond.... he knows best with hart(sic)

IF HE SAYS SO..... DON'T THINK...DO!:thumbsu:

( yes I know that wasn't him but he was better than Kennedy)

Listen, if the club does it's due diligence and believes malthouse is the best man for richmond then I'll support it. I'm not close enough to the action to know best. I do know that malthouse has aged and is old school. No doubting his coaching abilities but mathews has done a hell of a lot more than malthouse and is he coaching?

don't you mean 14 and counting? :eek:
From what I remember Big Bad Mal did nothing for RFC.
Why has he got a say.
Just a thug who let us down when we needed him
His son doesn't qualify under father and son because he didn't play enough games
He got suspended for a grand final we won so we didn't need him
He is a nobody and we don't need his opinion
Hafey, Is another story and the two can not be compared and should not be mentioned in the same sentence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Memo Tom Hafey & Mal Brown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back