Merged clash jumper threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Collingwood's Away Jumper!!

I agree - it's a joke that the AFL lets Collingwood gets away with refusing to wear an away jumper. Essendon has got an away jumper that they wear every now and then. It's not that different but it's done the job.

Eddie's argument that Collingwood (and, he says, Essendon) haven't changed their jumpers and so should be allowed to wear their home jumper every week is just crap.

The AFL need to step in and require every team to make an away jumper, and the away team should always be responsible for changing their jumper so it doesn't clash. The league shouldn't allow Collingwood to have a supposed away jumper which is just switching their stripes from black to white. When an away team's two jumpers both clash with the home team's home jumper (like Collingwood's on Friday night) then the away team should be forced to wear another jumper, meaning they'd have to find a third jumper if even their away top isn't different enough to differentiate it from the home team's jumper.

I know the Kangaroos and Collingwood apparently have some deal in place re. gate takings and jumpers, but the AFL needs to make this clear and clean up their policy on jumpers. Home teams should never be forced to wear an alternative jumper.

Re: Calling all Lawyers and other knowledgeable folk. Question re strips.

Intelligent thing to say! A little narky too.

So once someone played footy electric blue and black turn into the same colour do they?

Nice work there soldier:thumbsu:

I take it that is a no then.

Footy is a fast paced game.
From a distance of many metres it is often hard to distinguish the number of players in a pack if they are;
1.) all moving around
2.) all wearing white vertical stripes

Kind of like trying to count a heard of galloping zebra, even if some of them had blue stripes, it would be impossible.

For the fans and the players, all teams need a clash strip.

I agree - it's a joke that the AFL lets Collingwood gets away with refusing to wear an away jumper. Essendon has got an away jumper that they wear every now and then. It's not that different but it's done the job.

*sigh*

Again, Collingwood have an alternate strip that is approved by the AFL and we have worn it several times this year.

Yes Rohan, but when you're club's crap excuse for an away jumper still clashes with both of the Kangaroos jumpers then the AFL winds up letting you wear your home jumper and forces the Kangas to wear their away jumper. The pies need a clash jumper that doesn't clash!

From a distance of many metres it is often hard to distinguish the number of players in a pack if they are;
1.) all moving around

Kind of like trying to count a heard of galloping zebra, even if some of them had blue stripes, it would be impossible.

Well I dont see anyone attacking the swans and richard Colliss like we have copped it for obviously taking the same stance as the them.

I'm with Eddie McGuire on this one (and that's saying smething because I haven't been his biggest fan)

Collingwood and Essendon should be allowed to stay in their traditional strips because they have never worn anything else - other clubs have varied their jumpers quite a bit. It'd be good to keep a bit of tradition alive.

Add the white shorts and the clash becomes very obvious.

If Collingwood wore all black, Nth wore all white, for both home and away games, there wouldn't be a problem.

Blame the shorts.

So you want North to wear their normal shorts and Collingwood wear their normal shorts... theres no clash. Once you add away/ clash shorts into the picture a clash becomes evident.

The AFL have created this as a clash... not Collingwood, our normal standard all black creates no clash.

No wonder Eddie has taken a stance - this whole clash crap has been created by the AFL.

An away jumper is not required. We wear our Home jumper at plenty of away games and get no complaints.

Now if your complaining about our "clash" jumper that's different. That predominately white jumper is approved by the AFL.

Most Pie supporters don't give a rats about what jumper we wear. I don't.

I think this thread may have been done before:rolleyes:

Yes Rohan, but when you're club's crap excuse for an away jumper still clashes with both of the Kangaroos jumpers then the AFL winds up letting you wear your home jumper and forces the Kangas to wear their away jumper. The pies need a clash jumper that doesn't clash!

Pies black strip with black shorts does not clash with kangas "traditional" (meaning the blue and white verticals) strip and white shorts. Why are the clubs and bf members so sacred on short colours, but don't mind changing 100s of years of tradition with eyesore clash strips?? I fail to understand this at all...and dont use the "its our home game so we can wear whatever shorts we want to" argument, because it doesn't change the fact that you'd rather wear a clash jumper than change the colour of your shorts.

And while we are on it...why is it called a "clash jumper"?? It is clearly not for most clubs (*cough* fremantle), it is an away "revenue" raising jumper. The AFL are trying to milk as much money out of these so called "clashes" when all can be fixed (apart from possible saints, demons and dons) with abandoning the white shorts for away team rule.

Even last weeks clash between eagles and tiges could be avoided by a simple switch of short colours.

and to the carlton knob above, the Pies have puplically stated they would prefer to wear their "clash" top against Carlton so you can wear your traditional one every game we play...

1.) all moving around

Righteo then! Flukey kicks are the complete substance of all North and Collingwood games for the past 100 years????

You be proud of the fact that you played footy mate - but dont patronise me because you think i didnt... I'm just not that sort of d***head that thinks the fact I played footy myself make me an authority on what the AFL does or gives me the right to try and belittle someone because I thought they didnt. Theres a place for you to give yourself a bighead about that day you kicked 3 goals - try your Old Collegians blog on facebook.

Well surely if the pies traditional jumper with black shorts doesn't clash with the kangaroos traditional jumper with white shorts then that's what they would've worn on Friday?

But back to principle, the Kangaroos should've got to wear their home jumper and their dark shorts and the away team should have to work around that.

Does it seem ridiulous that Collingwood and Essendon are the only two teams who don't have an away strip. Why did the kangaroos have to wear their away top for a home match??

Because Collingwood have to wear their traditional top. I don't care Eddie Maguire if Collingwood have been wearing the black and white strips for 116 years. I could say the same thing for Carlton. But now Carlton have an away strip. Get with it eddie and stop being arrogant.

Can you please, please.... PLEASE show me Sydneys away or clash jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blame the AFL. If we can get away with it why would we change? It is our right to fight for what we think are our best interests. Your issue should be with the AFL and not Collingwood.

So you want North to wear their normal shorts and Collingwood wear their normal shorts... theres no clash. Once you add away/ clash shorts into the picture a clash becomes evident.

The AFL have created this as a clash... not Collingwood, our normal standard all black creates no clash.

No wonder Eddie has taken a stance - this whole clash crap has been created by the AFL.

Smoky get over it. Every neutral observer and every North Melbourne supporter knows there is a clash that causes confusion. It is confusing to spectators and umpires.

The only people that apparently don't notice the clash are Collingwood supporters. Perhaps it is because they have a view restricted to the one from barred windows in black and white.

Add the white shorts and the clash becomes very obvious.

If Collingwood wore all black, Nth wore all white, for both home and away games, there wouldn't be a problem.

Blame the shorts.

But the AFL have said in the past that the white/away business is sacrosanct.

Essendon had this very arguement about two years ago. If Essendon wore red shorts/socks and St Kilda wore white shorts, the clash would be negated. Same with Richmond and yellow shorts.

But Demetriou in his wisdom said no dice, and that is that.

Does it seem ridiulous that Collingwood and Essendon are the only two teams who don't have an away strip. Why did the kangaroos have to wear their away top for a home match??

Because Collingwood have to wear their traditional top. I don't care Eddie Maguire if Collingwood have been wearing the black and white strips for 116 years. I could say the same thing for Carlton. But now Carlton have an away strip. Get with it eddie and stop being arrogant.

Carlton lose a game and their supporters start having a go at Collingwood to make themselves feel better. :D

Well surely if the pies traditional jumper with black shorts doesn't clash with the kangaroos traditional jumper with white shorts then that's what they would've worn on Friday?

But back to principle, the Kangaroos should've got to wear their home jumper and their dark shorts and the away team should have to work around that.

right...but when a clash is avoided by the roos wearing white shorts are you still pro clash jumper?

Good point on Sydney's lack of a clash jumper, but do they clash with anyone? St Kilda??

sydneyjumpers.jpg

stkildasaintsjumper.jpg

I am amazed at the Collingwood attitude on this but Essendon and Richmond are not much better.
You would think someone at Collingwood would understand the marketing potential of an alternative jumper. In fact the potential to sell to the legions of fans is so great that you would expect them to embrace it and readily change the design, but they are so bogged down in their so called traditional view they can't see the wood for the trees.

Everyone else embraced colour in the 70's perhaps it is time for Collingwood to get out of their black and white past. Perhaps they could be like racing and be required to wear all yellow until they come to their senses.

And therein lies our issue here and why i hate so called "clash" jumpers. It is revenue raising. We don't need the money so desperately that we will forfeit 126 years of tradition for an extra nuck. Having said that we don't need to, so im not having a go at dogs, roos etc, as it is a perfect oportunity for extra cash, but we don't need it.

Nearly every "clash" is avoided by abolishing the white shorts rule. Simple solution without the need for jumpers. Ask yourself: whats more important in regards to tradition? Short colour or guernsey design?

i have never been confused watching a swans match.

The ONLY time i have ever been slightly hesitant on which team a player was from was a match between dons and demons.

Well I havent been confused watching the Pies and Kangas playing either... but every club seems to want to attack the Pies as if we're the only club who doesnt have a clash jumper...

The troll is just getting old.

Pies black strip with black shorts does not clash with kangas "traditional" (meaning the blue and white verticals) strip and white shorts. Why are the clubs and bf members so sacred on short colours, but don't mind changing 100s of years of tradition with eyesore clash strips?? I fail to understand this at all...and dont use the "its our home game so we can wear whatever shorts we want to" argument, because it doesn't change the fact that you'd rather wear a clash jumper than change the colour of your shorts.

And while we are on it...why is it called a "clash jumper"?? It is clearly not for most clubs (*cough* fremantle), it is an away "revenue" raising jumper. The AFL are trying to milk as much money out of these so called "clashes" when all can be fixed (apart from possible saints, demons and dons) with abandoning the white shorts for away team rule.

Even last weeks clash between eagles and tiges could be avoided by a simple switch of short colours.

and to the carlton knob above, the Pies have puplically stated they would prefer to wear their "clash" top against Carlton so you can wear your traditional one every game we play...

Agreed, this man (woman) speaks the truth. The answer lies in the shorts.

Swans don't clash but personally I wouldn't mind if they pulled out the bloods top every now and then, I'm quite a fan of it.

Love these threads that pop up every couple of weeks or so. Never gets old.

IMO the teams that should be copping abuse are the ones with urine stained 'clash' outfits, not naming any teams....

Remove this Banner Ad

Merged clash jumper threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back