Merged clash jumper threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Collingwood's Away Jumper!!

Point being conviently ignored by Eddie and others here is that Collingwood have worn different jumpers and not just switching the black and white stripes. If they have done it before why not do again? AFL is just weak as **** as usual.

Well I havent been confused watching the Pies and Kangas playing either... but every club seems to want to attack the Pies as if we're the only club who doesnt have a clash jumper...

The troll is just getting old.

We stick to our morals, and apparently thats being arrogant.

Blatant Collingwood hate troll....I can understand in this case as the Roos were unnecessarily forced to change strips, but how is that arrogant Collingwood?? isn't it the AFL's fault for introducing a non existing problem?

Agreed, this man (woman) speaks the truth. The answer lies in the shorts.

Swans don't clash but personally I wouldn't mind if they pulled out the bloods top every now and then, I'm quite a fan of it.

Love these threads that pop up every couple of weeks or so. Never gets old.

IMO the teams that should be copping abuse are the ones with urine stained 'clash' outfits, not naming any teams....

A man swan14, but thankyou for your non sexist post.

The bolded section is indeed the problem that arises with clash strips. Having to watch a team run around in fashion that left us (thank god) in the late 80s early 90s is truly a disgrace.

A bloods top would be great to see, and that is embracing tradition, not shredding it up for the sake of a few bucks.

For the millionth time, the problem is usually not the jumpers but the white shorts.

If Collingwood wore black shorts, and North white, there would be no problem.

The old rule was the team with the most white wore white shorts. Good rule.

Geelong wear the white shorts V Pies, Port, Dees, Dogs, Blues
North wear white shorts V Pies, Dogs, Cats.
Pies wear white shorts V Blues, Bombers, Port
Saints wear white shorts V Bombers
Eagles V Hawks.

The only actual jumper clash is Bombers V Dees.

Last year in the preliminary final everyone complained there was a clash. This year in Rd 9 same jumpers but no one thought there was a clash. Why is there only deemed a clash when we are the away team?

I watched the draw on a 34cm B&W TV, I had no idea which team had the ball!! :D

Well we would all like to welcome you to the 21st Century... you wont have that problem anymore!

Or should we change Richmond and Essendons jumpers... Sydney and Melbournes... just in case you want to break out the black and white TV again... North and Hawthorn.

That arguement is ridiculous.

Last year in the preliminary final everyone complained there was a clash. This year in Rd 9 same jumpers but no one thought there was a clash. Why is there only deemed a clash when we are the away team?

Collingwood Hating trolls is your answer.

To the OP we do have a clash strip that has been approved by the AFL. This is their fault for approving it not ours. If they want to bring it up again at the end of the year then fine. Until then just dry up the tears and get over it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2233658f8a9c500fe74e7f79cf15b1f41e1faeb.jpg

For the millionth time, the problem is usually not the jumpers but the white shorts.

If Collingwood wore black shorts, and North white, there would be no problem.

Why should the home team have to change from their coloured home shorts to bland white away shorts?

Re: Eddie on 3AW re clash jumpers - time for some facts

And it's great that the new admin is thinking that way, maybe James (through his association with Eddie), Arocca and D.Laidley (their time with Collingwood) learnt that tradition and pride in the brand is a good thing and should be protected.:thumbsu:

Nothing to do with Collingwood.

Our board and admin have finally started listening to their members and supporters. They smacked away the AFL and about $30 million over where the club will operate - and the response has shown why the people who ran the club and stuffed around with our home, name and jumper for the past decade were misguided. We have our name and our home back again and we're fixing the place we've lived for well over a century.

Why should anyone be surprised the people who now run North are ready to make a stand over the jumper? The only surprise would be if a smart guy like Eugene couldn't find a way to win and make money out of the decision at the same time. And I'd assume Eddie plays this stuff a fair bit more cleverly behind closed doors than he does on the radio. I'd bet they can work something out between them that both clubs can be happy with, regardless of the AFL.

Re: Calling all Lawyers and other knowledgeable folk. Question re strips.

And therein lies our issue here and why i hate so called "clash" jumpers. It is revenue raising. We don't need the money so desperately that we will forfeit 126 years of tradition for an extra nuck. Having said that we don't need to, so im not having a go at dogs, roos etc, as it is a perfect oportunity for extra cash, but we don't need it.

Nearly every "clash" is avoided by abolishing the white shorts rule. Simple solution without the need for jumpers. Ask yourself: whats more important in regards to tradition? Short colour or guernsey design?

So why move from Victoria Park, your traditional home, to the Lexus centre if Collingwood isn't about money, revenue raising and maintaing tradition? :rolleyes:

Well I dont see anyone attacking the swans and richard Colliss like we have copped it for obviously taking the same stance as the them.

Probably due to the obvious reason that the Swans colour scheme and more importantly their layout doesn't clash with anyone? It's not that hard a concept

Well I dont see anyone attacking the swans and richard Colliss like we have copped it for obviously taking the same stance as the them.
When Richard Colless threatens to take the AFL to court and carries on like a precious child I'll attack him. That said I have not seen any other team with all red on their back and red shorts and red socks.

As for any argument about tradition. Lets then stop: Fri night footy, Sat night footy, Sunday footy, 3 umpires, yellow balls, interstate clubs, sharing grounds, low cut boots, colored shorts etc etc
Oh and bring back the biff and dont sook to the umps. Have Steak and Chips on fri nights and 3 dozen beers after a game. Dont worry about any recovery and just train on Tues and Thurs after work. 2 weeks for a hammy is fine and start pre season in Feb..................................

When Richard Colless threatens to take the AFL to court and carries on like a precious child I'll attack him. That said I have not seen any other team with all red on their back and red shorts and red socks.

Maybe thats because he hasnt been attacked by the media about a clash that never existed!

North v Collingwood!

sydneyjumpers.jpg

stkildasaintsjumper.jpg

No clash... whatever

Maybe thats because he hasnt been attacked by the media about a clash that never existed!

North v Collingwood!

sydneyjumpers.jpg

stkildasaintsjumper.jpg

No clash... whatever

That's as bad as those journalists who use selected stats to make their argument better.

If you are going to show sydneys back, please show st kildas all black back.

The AFL has the power to force each club to have an alternate strip. This power was signed off on by all clubs including Cwood.

The AFL is not askin Cwood to do anymore than any other club.

Arrogant and ignorant Eddie would lose badly if this went to court.

You forget. Collingwood has a clash strip, the AFL approved it. We're happy to wear either and happy for North to wear whatever they like. It's only the AFL and a few colourblind morons who see the need for clash strips when Royal Blue and Black are obviously very different colours.

While technically I agree that if all clubs are made to have an alternate/clash strip then so should Collingwood, I honestly don't see the need for any clash strips. I saw the 1977 GF again a few weeks ago and didn't have any problem distinguishing one team from another.

Cool. Who won?

So why move from Victoria Park, your traditional home, to the Lexus centre if Collingwood isn't about money, revenue raising and maintaing tradition? :rolleyes:

You asked that question already knowing the answer didn't you? Eddie's like every other money man in this universe. His opinion will sway depending on how much money there is to be made.

If the AFL suddenly offered Collingwood 5 million dollars to wear an alternate strip, you can bet tradition would not stand in the way of making an easy buck, and you can also bet Eddie would have a fantastic spin on it to sell to his members and the footy public.

Just for once, I'd like to see the AFL call Eddie's bluff, and stop pandering to his every want as usual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Merged clash jumper threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back