Merged Houli Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Dropping Bachar

his performance was overrated against st kilda. was far from BOG.

was ordinary last week. they obviously pinpointed him and prismall for being the softest when it mattered last week.

i've got no qualms with his dropping.

I meant in a good side, in particular the Hawks.
I'd disagree on all the three first years anyway, altho that's a mixture of form & wanting to see them get games.

We'll wait and see with Crameri.

I'm with you in terms of wanting to see the first years get games, I'm not calling for them to be dropped, but Houli still deserves to be played ahead of them.

Slattery- well Knights favourites get a game once again.

Or maybe it's because he toweled up Medhurst last weekend?

I agree with MWNN and Ben; if he's not doing what is asked of him, and only got a game in the seniors because he finally did it at VFL level, then he should keep his spot. It's detrimental to excuse it, if the football department has spent the whole season trying to get it out of him. Maybe the football department do see potential in him, but they believe he needs to iron out these flaws fully before he can start to play consistent footy in the role they see him in, and maybe they believe, knowing his character, that this is the best way to get it across to him.

his performance was overrated against st kilda. was far from BOG.

was ordinary last week. they obviously pinpointed him and prismall for being the softest when it mattered last week.

i've got no qualms with his dropping.

I agree completely.

St Kilda gave him plenty of space and he used the footy well. But as usual you put him under some heat and he panics. His ability to sell a team mate into trouble with a dodgy handball is unmatched in the AFL.

He's done.

Houli is stiff.

He played his blinder, currency has gone up, and now we might get a decent pick or player with a trade.

I would prefer him in the team more than others that are there, but i think we are picking sides for the future and Houli should be worried, as should Prismall, however, Prismall has another year to run on contract to correct things and cement his spot in the best 22, which I think he is, just needs consistentcy and confidence.

Houli has basically two feet out the door already thanks to this selection decision

How long has Bachar been at Essendon now? 4 years or so? My impression is that he has not really improved 1 iota. Undoubtadly he has got talent, but the same deficiencies keep coming to the fore every time he is played. Some say don't drop him after 1 bad game, he was great last week. I say, don't overrate him on 1 good game, when everytime he is given oppurtunities, he makes the same errors time and time again. We don;t need to leave him in the side to judge this. He should count himself luck to have played at all.
I am stoked he all of a sudden has a reputation as a good player harshly treated, his trade value has skyrocketed.

Just went to Houli's player watch page. Ant555 with the 11th post, made in 2007

The reason he hasnt played was they wanted him to be more accountable over a number of weeks before he would be selected.

I lol'd hard.

Anyway, remember media reputation doesn't equal reputation with clubs. Bachar was picked by many to be a chance for the top 20 and when he fell to 42 everyone was shocked. I guess we know why now.

In related news, what a horrible thread this is :(
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279123

Dempsey I thought had a good game on the whole.

Reimers I agree with.

Are you still in Europe, btw?

I am lost for words.

Dempsey was shocking - No defensive accountability.

His manning of his opponent was equivalent to Houli putting his head over the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lloyd just on SEN - "I think Bachar has played his last game for Essendon" and said he'd request a trade if he was Houli.

Good. Trade him while is value has peaked. Will be a n average player wherever he lands, but at least he will get game time from his perspective.

Re: The 'Keep Houli at Essendon' thread.

If I was him I'd simply leave and head North to Sheedy's mob at end of the season.

Has been given limited opportunities and should seek & get more TOG at another club.

I am lost for words.

Dempsey was shocking - No defensive accountability.

His manning of his opponent was equivalent to Houli putting his head over the ball.

- Dempsey's instructions are to run off his man to generate some run
- No defender in the history of the game could have dealt with the turnovers of last week.

That's just not something you can see on TV.

If we could kick, Garlett would be on thin ice for not chasing his man down while he was charging down the wing.

- Dempsey's instructions are to run off his man to generate some run
- No defender in the history of the game could have dealt with the turnovers of last week.

That's just not something you can see on TV.

If we could kick, Garlett would be on thin ice for not chasing his man down while he was charging down the wing.

Against Carlton he was sitting 20m off Garlett when the ball was on the opposite side of the ground. You can't blame turnovers for that. Is very poor defensively. We drill our midfielders and forwards for not 'defending their man' well enough, yet the man in our defence is worse than the lot of them, and it should be his best attribute. And if it isn't, get him outta there!

Remove this Banner Ad

Merged Houli Threads

Remove this Banner Ad

Back